Sign in to follow this  
JSmith2112

Sim update version 1.29.30.0 BETA ONLY

8 hours ago, JSmith2112 said:

Had no idea it applies to the beta version only when I posted.

Just started the sim and now I'm getting another update. No idea if this is beta or for everyone.

You can ask someone before posting about beta topics, the beta content is updating differently from the official version of the sim. And you know what sim version you have.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

2 hours ago, Dillon said:

Has the ATC issues (broken ATC voices pilot/ATC for example, sometimes quits altogether in flight, etc) and CTD's been resolved with this beta? There's a whole lot wrong than just the A310.😣

ATC and AI traffic has not been the focus of this beta. To be honest I think that requires a major overhaul - something for SU12/13 perhaps. 

1 hour ago, Alvega said:

Yes, check 8 posts above yours. 😉

Sorry bit hard to keep track of everything. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, Claudius_ said:

You can ask someone before posting about beta topics, the beta content is updating differently from the official version of the sim. And you know what sim version you have.

There was nothing on the official forums about a patch for beta or otherwise at the time I posted.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

3 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

ATC and AI traffic has not been the focus of this beta. To be honest I think that requires a major overhaul - something for SU12/13 perhaps. 

It's time to switch to XPlane 12.  Asobo breaks major features in the sim, makes the sim unstable with constant CTD's, and we're supposed to wait two months (most likely February) for a fix.  No thank you...😣

This constant sim hacking is a problem.  We need a solid stable sim platform to build off of.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

23 minutes ago, Dillon said:

It's time to switch to XPlane 12.  Asobo breaks major features in the sim, makes the sim unstable with constant CTD's, and we're supposed to wait two months (most likely February) for a fix.  No thank you...😣

This constant sim hacking is a problem.  We need a solid stable sim platform to build off of.

I think xplane needs every simmer they can get so that am sure they will welcome you with open arms. 

Xplane have released 14 updates the last weeks so if you don’t like tinkering you might consider a new hobby for a while. 

• Like 16

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

27 minutes ago, Dillon said:

LOL.

• Like 9

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

50 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Or maybe just use all sims? You can use both on the same computer, ya know. It's not a competition. I use all three, though I have to say I haven't loaded up P3D in ages, and XP 12 I'm waiting for the full release since the beta has been a bit buggy for me (not unexpected, it's a beta)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Is anyone elses sim a stuttery mess after this last update?

• Upvote 1

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

6 hours ago, Dillon said:

We need a solid stable sim platform to build off of.

Mine is. Had maybe 4-6 CTDs since MSFS release. None over the past 6-8 months and I am in the beta group. Feel sorry though for you and all the others seeing CTDs. In maaany cases however CTD pilots admitted like „well, yes, I did not clean my community folder“ after they were asked whether they emptied that folder right from the start to see 3rd party mods may cause those CTDs. But I’m not asking you now 😉

• Like 11

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

14 hours ago, Dillon said:

I haven't experienced CTDs or instability. The AI and ATC issues are the "biggest" problems I have at the moment. Seems like you have something else going on.

I'd quit simming if XP was my only other option. No way I'd deal with needing a bunch of addons just to get the base scenery to an acceptable level. Not doing that ever again. 

• Like 6

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

14 hours ago, Dillon said:

Sim is perfectly stable for me. What major feature seems to have been broken? And you want me to switch to XP12 and pay double the MSFS price for each plane and a small fortune for postage stamps bits of OrbX orthos all of which grind my PC's performance to its knees? Old tech won't cut it anymore.

• Like 2

does anyone stiil has problems with HDR on, I always have to go first to windowed mode, shuffle the screen a bit, then I see HDR switching on, and I go back to full screen with HDR

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

9 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

Is anyone elses sim a stuttery mess after this last update?

Deleted….

Edited by marcg11

15 minutes ago, pilotter said:

does anyone stiil has problems with HDR on, I always have to go first to windowed mode, shuffle the screen a bit, then I see HDR switching on, and I go back to full screen with HDR

Yup. 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

12 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

Yup. 

thanks, so still not solved. 

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium