Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

marcg11

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by marcg11

  1. This one continues to be a head scratcher - a major metro area with this issue and only in 2024 - must be a solid reason behind it.
  2. First of all great app - My rig wasnt horrible but this does seem to make things smoother and most of all I get a little more info when it isnt why. One thing I have noticed with the latest (I use Auto as it seems to be the best for my setup) I seem to switch to "A Fixed FPS" way more then I did with the previous version (when it never did) - not a deal breaker if it does I just reset it usually will go back to FPS Pri which is best for my setup....but I wonder if thats to be expected with the latest version.
  3. Finally got to the main menu with 2024.....
  4. "XBOX incident update: we apologize for the long-running nature of this issue. Things are slowly improving, though players worldwide may still experience failures launching games, along with potential sign-in and purchase issues" - still not loading for me yet though
  5. "It has been over 12 hours now, and this latest outage is fast becoming one of the worst downtimes for Xbox in recent memory. Although it's not quite as bad as 2007's 96-hour outage ... let's hope it doesn't go that far." - Wow - had no idea there was once a 96 hour outage....
  6. Being down for a short time isnt great for a large organization - but 9 hours and counting is insane......
  7. I didnt think I would completely abandon 2020 - but after SU4 I find it hard to want to fly that version. 2024 still isnt perfect - but performance for me is smoother - graphics are a bit better - and I have all the planes I want to fly. And I do love how much faster it loads then 2020. It does feel like I may have taken my last flight on 2020 - a year late but better then never.
  8. Always seems to be the case with these updates from my experience - at first when a new SU is in Beta its "Best Performance ever" - then as issue fixes and other updates come into the Beta it slowly gets worse. Still better than no updates but never seems quite the same for first Beta release to final Prod release.
  9. I have grown to appreciate some of the improved aspects of 2024 - I wish it had been released in this state - but thats water under the bridge at this point. I do look forward to SU4 as I am still not happy with the stutters I get more often then not (turning at large airports) - which may or may not be improved in the release. Still bounce back and forth from 2020 - but sometimes I am in 2020 wishing i was in 2024.
  10. Unfortunately for me its so hit and miss with 2024 (not that its hugely different in 2020). Some days the PG is phenomenal and as crisp and clear as its ever been....then days like this AM into JFK where it was horrible. Nothing changes on my end so its server related and how much it can serve to me...its just frustrating its not stable.
  11. Hello lightning my old friend - its good to see you again......First flight and into a raging thunderstorm in Malpensa.....
  12. Hopefully SU3 will be where initial release should have been closer too.....SU2 certainly for me is another step up and looking forward to the next one. Might be close enough to get me off 2020 at that point (I do fly 2024 about 30% of the time - even in the not so great state I do have good flights every once in awhile for me to fly 2024).
  13. Just saw this posted on FB "Support Update We can confirm that there is an issue in City Update 10 with Dallas and Honolulu not having the updated TIN (photogrammetry) data in the current live build of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024. We are working towards a resolution targeted for tomorrow. Other TIN cities included in the City Update are displaying properly. Players on Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and participating in the 2024 Sim Update 2 beta are not affected by this issue."
  14. Correct - seems a bit strange I have to go and enable after its available - just have to keep that in mind moving forward with 2024
  15. Well thats a new one I havent heard of yet - I noticed it didnt specify PC version (not steam) but it looks like its the same as the xbox app location. I wonder if its smoke or if it actually does anything.
  16. I have found then when this happens I reboot and I can get in the next time without issue (Actually happened this am) - however my flight is very stuttery. I have to go in and clear all Nvidia caches and things get back to decent performance. This never happens with 2020 which I why I still fly with both for now
  17. Since the update it does seem I get more stutters then I was seeing pre update....despite promises of better performance I seem to be in the other camp...more performance issue.
  18. I dont see any difference between 2020 and 2024...the stutter issues continue. There are promised VRAM updates in SU2 which I hope will bring the promised performance improvements.
  19. Me too - all greyed out....tried everything but they stayed grey for me. Just used DLSS Swapper for now.
  20. For me after quite a bit setup from in my opinion and not very intuitive setup process for 2024 I definitely see the potential. Many many silly bugs and things that should have had optional settings so users can decide (for example forced historical weather)....but I am now 50/50 flying between 2020 and 2024 and I can see switching over in a SU or 2 to being fully on 2024.
  21. Increasing the cache has helped with smoothness overall for me in 2024 - I went for 64g from 16g to start just to see and there is some improvement. Might go a bit higher but I really dont want to over do it. And agreed I hate being back in test setting and play mode - which I was hoping to avoid as I no longer have the patience for that stuff - I just want to fly.......
  22. Thanks for posting - above my understanding level in detail but from what I can gather yes its not optimal at the moment. Hopefully another area of improvement coming at some point.
  23. Tried again today to get keyboard and controller settings to mimic my 2020….somewhat successful but still much to be done. The setup of flying is still so very different that it’s still not worth the effort. And once I do get in the air the graphics are still underwhelming. Felt I got a little closer but still don’t feel compelled at all to spend the hours needed on setup.
  24. Sad - I dont think they look that bad in 2020 - but being so close to runways real makes the scenery look fake at that point.
  25. Things are bit better after the latest patch - however my photogrammetry trees continue to look very blocky from the runways (other textures look much better). Am I missing something to make the photogrammetry trees not look so horrible?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.