Sign in to follow this  
Reiniers

Aerosoft Twin Otter update 1.1.0: new soundset

19 hours ago, s0cks said:

Those are single turboprops. Any decent twin turboprops? What about the BN2 Islander from Blackbox? I was looking at that thinking it might make a worthwhile Twotter replacement.

The BN2 uses piston engines though. If best twin turboprop is the Black Square analog King Air, but it's a different class of aircraf than the Otter.
Both the Otter and the King air use PT6A engines, but different variants of these engines. The startup procedure for them in both manuals are different though and I wonder which is more accurate.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

On 11/30/2022 at 4:05 PM, jschaper said:

Thank you very much! 🙂 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Well like others in this thread I am in the market for a decent twin turboprop in MS2020 to replace my RealAir Turbine Duke with the F1 GTN 750 that I still fly in P3D4.5.  In fact since F1 stopped supporting the GTN 750 in P3D5.3 this is the only reason I still have P3D4.5 on my system and I could do with reallocating the SSD diskspace.  Unfortunately the Black Square analogue Kingair and the twin otter are much heavier than the Duke but there seems to be nothing in the light/medium twin turboprop category available for MSFS2020 - although in fairness there was little else in P3D.  We have the Cessna 441 piston but not the turboprop version that was my go to plane in FSX.

Bruce

Edited by brucewtb
typo
  • Like 1

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

The Duke was so great, though I think I was one of the few that actually preferred the piston version.  Flew both a ton though and would love to see either/both in MSFS.

If you want the best available twin turboprop, then the black square king air is currently it.  The Twin Otter is decent enough if you really want to fly a Twin Otter but certainly don’t any one of the top tier addons available.  

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

12 hours ago, brucewtb said:

Well like others in this thread I am in the market for a decent twin turboprop in MS2020 to replace my RealAir Turbine Duke with the F1 GTN 750 that I still fly in P3D4.5.  In fact since F1 stopped supporting the GTN 750 in P3D5.3 this is the only reason I still have P3D4.5 on my system and I could do with reallocating the SSD diskspace.  Unfortunately the Black Square analogue Kingair and the twin otter are much heavier than the Duke but there seems to be nothing in the light/medium twin turboprop category available for MSFS2020 - although in fairness there was little else in P3D.  We have the Cessna 441 piston but not the turboprop version that was my go to plane in FSX.

Bruce

Here’s a plane you might find to your liking. Lots of reviews available, all positive. 
-B

As noted above if this was the turboprop version it would certainly fit the bill but I have more than enough twin pistons in MS2020.

Bruce

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Anyone else think the Aerosoft Twin Otter (MSFS store version) cockpit panel is a bit soft looking?

• Like 1

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

58 minutes ago, gboz said:

Anyone else think the Aerosoft Twin Otter (MSFS store version) cockpit panel is a bit soft looking?

Same in the version bought directly from Aerosoft. 

As for the sounds, I am sticking with the absolutely superb FTSim version, and I will never buy another Aerosoft product again without watching plenty of reviews.  It may be getting there now, but after how long?

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

15 hours ago, gboz said:

What do you mean by 'soft' looking ? Blurry ?

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

4 hours ago, Paul K said:

What do you mean by 'soft' looking ? Blurry ?

Yes, just not as sharp as the defaults and Carenados I usually use.

• Like 1

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Are the rumors I read true.... is there another sound update for the Twotter?  If so- bravo MK!

Hoping Orbx has it soon.

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

What's the latest version of the Twin Otter I bought it off the marketplace about 3 weeks ago and I have version 1.0.6. Hasn't been an update on marketplace since I bought it I was wondering if mine had the new sound set.

17 hours ago, Todd2 said:

What's the latest version of the Twin Otter I bought it off the marketplace about 3 weeks ago and I have version 1.0.6. Hasn't been an update on marketplace since I bought it I was wondering if mine had the new sound set.

1.1.1 is the newest version (available in Aerosoft One, probably not in the Marketplace at the moment). The new sound set is included from version 1.1.0.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Hmmm… I read there was a second sound update….

Yes, yesterday I received update 1.1.1, they fixed some reported issues on the sound set. Somehow I cannot find the release notes at the moment. Just tested the update, definitely an improvement again.

• Like 1