Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwright

Question for Phil Taylor - TEXTURE_BANDWITH_MULT

Hello Phil:First, thank you for all of your input. If I can ever get rid of the blurries that develope as a flight progresses I will enjoy FSX even more than I have all of the other MSFS versions over the years.Please reference your "Performance Tips and Tweaks" found in http://dev.fsinsider.com/tips/Pages/default.aspxUnder the section "Tweak of the Week", June 1, 2007 you reference "TEXTURE_BANDWITH_MULT=n" as being in the section of the FSX.cfg file. My FSX installation put this line in the section of the FSX.cfg file. Does this make a difference? Should I leave it only where it is, move it, or have it in both locations?Thank you.RTHEdit:While I am at it, let me tuck my tail between my legs and really show my ignorance. Specifically, what does "RTM" mean?Respectfully:RTH

>While I am at it, let me tuck my tail between my legs and>really show my ignorance. Specifically, what does "RTM" mean?RTM = "Read The Manual"(More commonly appearing as "RTFM," for reasons which I hope don't need spelling out. ;-) )

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

Don't think so. I am well aware of those terms but they don't fit the topic. You might want to read Phil's Adobe Blurries link.Phil shows about 40 some odd screenshots labeled either "RTM" or "SP1" which I assume means that the screenshots are before and after SP1, but I would like to know specifically for what the letters stand. There is also a great deal of dialogue in reference to whether FSX has an "RTM" installation, or "SP1" installation.There are countless posts and replies regarding this term relative to implementing it, going back to it etc. etc. The references are to installation and usage as an action topic, not reading.As such, I do not know the words for which the letters represent.Thanks for the try.RTH

RTM is computer industry jargon for "Release to Manufacturing" - meaning the version of a product / program released to the company which presses the install CD's. It's also called the retail version by many people.Another term used is RTW which is "Release to Web" - meaning the version which is released to download over the web - frequently the term used for service packs and updates.

Thanks Reggie:Looks like my interpretation of what it meant was correct even if I didn't know the wording.Thanks again:RTH

talking about it, I'm just wondering what RTH stands for? :) cheers,Rodger

Guest danny68

I read soemwhere to set it at the same figure as the frame rate you want to lock to. I lock around 26 so set mult to 26 also.Dan

>>Under the section "Tweak of the Week", June 1, 2007 you>reference "TEXTURE_BANDWITH_MULT=n" as being in the> section of the FSX.cfg file. My FSX installation>put this line in the section of the FSX.cfg file.>Does this make a difference? Should I leave it only where it>is, move it, or have it in both locations?>TEXTURE_BANDWITH_MULT is a **target** framerate.Read Phil Taylor's blog post of June 1, 2007 and it explains it in detail: http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/default.aspxRhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I actually edited that in my blog quite some time ago, and you can see an Edit: if you look now.And yes, you are correct the tweak is in DISPLAY and not GRAPHICS.

But, as the OP points out, it's still wrong here: http://dev.fsinsider.com/tips/Pages/default.aspx . Maybe another edit is needed.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Working on that, too.I dont own that page directly and cannot just edit right from my desk. Some things are more complicated, some things are more easy.

Granted:That is exactly what I am talking about. In the blog you reference and in my installation it is located in the display section of the FSX.cfg, and in the link I addressed he says the graphics section. Does it make any difference? Can it be in both? Should it be in only one, and if so, which one? Addressing only what you reference, I would assume the other is in error, but I would like clarification. Both are from Phil I think.Thanks for the input:RTH

No prob, I didn't remember the other page needed to be changed so this thread had a positive result. Thats always good :-).