Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

GSX for MSFS in its current state

1 hour ago, bosflo said:

Does GSX work with ai planes yet? there is a sale now and I am tempted to buy it but I want to make sure that it will service ai planes and not just the user plane.

Yes, it will work but, not in "full GSX mode", that would be just impossible without making your system crawl to a halt.

However, GSX also acts as a default ground vehicles replacement and, opposite to other similar add-ons that do just that, has a vast selection of ground operators (more then 500 for handling and 200 for catering) that are assigned more precisely, by airport instead of by region, because airport services in all airports are replaced using the same operator rules that are used by GSX proper for your airplane.

This means, you will see GSX vehicles servicing AI, the same way default ground vehicles, but with the vast variety of GSX models and liveries. This works automatically by just installing GSX, you don't have to do anything or call its menu, you'll just see different ground vehicles everywhere.

When you start the GSX menu, it will work in "full GSX mode", for your own airplane only, but the models will be the same. Not all of them, of course, things unique to GSX like Passengers, Deicers, VGDS and Pushback Tugs with a Towbar won't work for AIs, but all the rest will.

3 hours ago, aniiran said:

The only thing I want to know is if they fixed that nasty bug where MSFS reached an object draw limitation and when you got to your destination airport it wasn't there, it didn't load.  Everything else is just "well that's MSFS for you" but that bug made it completely unusable,  I haven't used it for at least a year now. 

if your  referring  to  the  max  objects   is  that its  not  a  gsx  issue  its  a  msfs  issue

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

5 hours ago, virtuali said:

Yes, it will work but, not in "full GSX mode", that would be just impossible without making your system crawl to a halt.

However, GSX also acts as a default ground vehicles replacement and, opposite to other similar add-ons that do just that, has a vast selection of ground operators (more then 500 for handling and 200 for catering) that are assigned more precisely, by airport instead of by region, because airport services in all airports are replaced using the same operator rules that are used by GSX proper for your airplane.

This means, you will see GSX vehicles servicing AI, the same way default ground vehicles, but with the vast variety of GSX models and liveries. This works automatically by just installing GSX, you don't have to do anything or call its menu, you'll just see different ground vehicles everywhere.

When you start the GSX menu, it will work in "full GSX mode", for your own airplane only, but the models will be the same. Not all of them, of course, things unique to GSX like Passengers, Deicers, VGDS and Pushback Tugs with a Towbar won't work for AIs, but all the rest will.

Thank you for your answer. It's just what I was looking for. I bought another program that changes the default service vehicles, but I don't like it very much.

21 hours ago, pete_auau said:

if your  referring  to  the  max  objects   is  that its  not  a  gsx  issue  its  a  msfs  issue

Regardless of who's issue it is, it only happens when GSX is running for me.  From what Farlis says i think I'll leave it uninstalled.

1 hour ago, aniiran said:

Regardless of who's issue it is, it only happens when GSX is running for me.  From what Farlis says i think I'll leave it uninstalled.

Have you disabled extra ground clutter? I haven't had the issue since that option was added and I disabled it, and regularly fly with max AIG AI Aircraft.

Edited by Tuskin38

21 minutes ago, aniiran said:

The limit is global, which means every program that adds Simobjects will contribute to the limit so, it's just wrong saying "it only happens when GSX is running", because if you are already fairly close to the limit because of the contribution of other addons, it's obvious that adding GSX surely won't reduce it but, of course, you could have achieved the same result if you, for example, lowered your AI settings or uninstalled an AI add-on product.

Would it have been right to say, "the problem happens for me only when I use that xxxx AI product, and it's fixed if I uninstall it, even if I use GSX"?

GSX came out before a couple of popular AI add-on products were released and, before that, nobody even really *knew* about the maximum Simobject limit, it only came to be common knowledge **after** those AI products came out.

Would it have been right to say, when those AI products came out, that you were using GSX with no issues before they came out, the problem started only after installing the AI product and it goes away when removing it?

Would it have been right to say it was the ones making the AI products which all came out after GSX, they should have "adapted" to it?

Of course, it would have been wrong to say all of this, that's exactly what a Global lmitation like this works: it's nobody's fault if it happens, you can only be aware of it, and of act on each program trying to use the options available to reduce the chance fo this to be happening.

This what you can do from GSX's side to reduce ITS own contribution to reaching the max Simobjects limit:

- The "Passenger Density" slider will influence how many passengers you'll see at once. Lowering this will reduce the number of objects in the scene.

- The "Extra Ground Clutter" option in the GSX Config panel in the installer, if disabled, will install a reduced version of the GSX Jetway replacement files, which includes only jetways and nothing else, so it won't increase the number of objects compared to the default scenery. This option would benefit ONLY default sceneries, which are the only ones you are supposed to use GSX Jetway replacement files with.

- In the GSX airport customization page, in the "Details" button, there's an option to prevent creation of the static GSX VGDS objects, which are the inactive VGDSs. If used, GSX will only create the VGDS model for the single gate you activated in GSX, so it will save on the maximum number of objects. It's by-airport since it's mostly effective with airports with many VGDSs.

These are the options you have in GSX to keep the number of objects under control. Of course, the best results would be if you also use the AI Traffic product own options to do the same, since each product can contribute to reaching the limit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aniiran said:

Regardless of who's issue it is,

I know the feeling and sympathise with you. I had this frustrating problem of vanished destination airports for months until I found the correct balance thanks essentially to AIG forum where the exact formula is offered.

As I am far away from my sim, I cannot give you the exact data, but in a nutshell, go to the AIG forum and search for this post recommending settings.

From what I can remember, my AI AIG traffic is 100% (and I have ALL AIG flight plans), but I set the AIG ground equipment down to 30% and removed some of the services, my GSX settings are without the extra ground clutter, and I very seldom use the GSX boarding passengers scenario, or only at small airports.

Try that and it should work. I never had once another occurence of destination airport add-on not loading after I made those changes.

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

14 hours ago, aniiran said:

You have AIG? If so, there's an easy way to solve the problem once and for all. In the AIG Manager there's somewhere an option to disable ground services for AI traffic. Do that option.
This will solve the problem, it will never appear again no matter how many aircraft are around, and you can use GSX without problems.

EDIT: And if you want to see ground services on AI traffic again, enable instead the option in the AIG TC (Traffic Controller).

Edited by Fiorentoni

@virtuali

What a great update, thank you for constantly evolving this hobby and providing us with free updates! I feel bad that I have all your sceneries already, as I would like to keep supporting you guys by buying more products. Hopefully you'll have more airports coming out in the near future. 

Also the push and pull update to GSX really brought the immersion level up several notches. The way my simulator runs now with MSFS and all the various addons, makes it the most enjoyable experience I've had in my 20 years of simming. 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2023 at 4:24 PM, virtuali said:

This what you can do from GSX's side to reduce ITS own contribution to reaching the max Simobjects limit:

- The "Passenger Density" slider will influence how many passengers you'll see at once. Lowering this will reduce the number of objects in the scene.

- The "Extra Ground Clutter" option in the GSX Config panel in the installer, if disabled, will install a reduced version of the GSX Jetway replacement files, which includes only jetways and nothing else, so it won't increase the number of objects compared to the default scenery. This option would benefit ONLY default sceneries, which are the only ones you are supposed to use GSX Jetway replacement files with.

- In the GSX airport customization page, in the "Details" button, there's an option to prevent creation of the static GSX VGDS objects, which are the inactive VGDSs. If used, GSX will only create the VGDS model for the single gate you activated in GSX, so it will save on the maximum number of objects. It's by-airport since it's mostly effective with airports with many VGDSs.

These are the options you have in GSX to keep the number of objects under control. Of course, the best results would be if you also use the AI Traffic product own options to do the same, since each product can contribute to reaching the limit.

Thank you Umberto for these specific things that I can do to test it out.  I'll give it a shot.  

I switched from AIG to FSLTL, I use AIG models in conjunction with FSLTL to inject traffic.

I guess I can't edit my post this late in the game but it seems GSX and MSFS have improved greatly over the last year or two in regards to the object draw limit.  I was able to fly 3 short hops and all of my scenery loaded just fine.  GSX worked much better than it did a year ago. Was able to test stand parking, gate parking, the couatl engine was completely stable for 3 flights until I tried to call for pushback at a stand then it crashed but it reset quickly and worked fine after that.   I wish there was an option to have ground equipment just back away a little further so I can taxi forward without clipping a wing, but I guess thats what the editor is for. Simberief integration with the passenger loading is neat. Good to have GSX back, it makes waiting 7 minutes for IRS alignment a little more bareable.  Makes the turns a lot more reailstic. 

Is there a way to keep the various service from driving 120 mph on the ramp and then slowing down close to the airplane? Where is that option?

5 minutes ago, aniiran said:

Is there a way to keep the various service from driving 120 mph on the ramp and then slowing down close to the airplane? Where is that option?

Page 31 of the manual, the Speed Up Far Vehicles option in the GSX Settings.