Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

I'm still amazed by the fact...

I can fly over somewhere extremely remote like Saudi Arabia at 38000 feet, enroute to HESH (Sharm El Sheikh) and see amazing ground textures like this....

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1-29-30-0-16-

• Like 26

Thomas Derbyshire

They are indeed impressive, although helped by the fact that the Arabian skies are rarely cloud-covered.

Getting good photo scenery is more of a challenge in Alaska or northern Scandinavia.

• Like 1

Petraeus

On 12/16/2022 at 4:10 PM, sidfadc said:

I can fly over somewhere extremely remote like Saudi Arabia at 38000 feet, enroute to HESH (Sharm El Sheikh) and see amazing ground textures like this....

This is something that is hard to quantify:  the feeling being somewhere that really exists that you just do not get w/ non-ortho sceneries no matter how good the artwork may try to be.

• Like 7

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

The feeling of having actually travelled somewhere is one of MSFS's great virtues. Earlier this year I flew from the UK to Australia, and this is the southern edge of Iran near the Gulf coast, with its enormous parallel ridges. Even though in a simulator, the whole journey was a voyage of 'real world' discovery, and something that no other sim can offer.

E4Avd7H.jpg

• Like 15
  • Upvote 2

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I flew from Tehran to Istanbul yesterday, a part of the world I hadn’t flown over before in any sim.  I highly recommend it, the scenery is gorgeous. 

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I did a world tour a while back. Amazed that the scenery in Ladakh, India and Kyrgyzstan was excellent. Some parts of eastern Russia were really bad though. But overall very impressive. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I'm off to fly over Argentina for the first time 😉

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

10 hours ago, Paul K said:

The feeling of having actually travelled somewhere is one of MSFS's great virtues. Earlier this year I flew from the UK to Australia, and this is the southern edge of Iran near the Gulf coast, with its enormous parallel ridges. Even though in a simulator, the whole journey was a voyage of 'real world' discovery, and something that no other sim can offer.

E4Avd7H.jpg

Yet there are some folks who still describe it as "eye candy"! But I do think I am seeing that less and less nowadays, as the monumental advance this RW scenery represents is becoming more fully appreciated.

• Like 2

I flew around Japan the other day, it it looks really good too. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Here is a video comparing the sim to Google Earth view of the world’s largest mineral mines at high altitudes. Incredible detail!

Flight Simulator Meets Google Earth View - World's Largest Mineral Mines - Collection No. 2 - 4K

• Like 2

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K