Sign in to follow this  

Does anyone know if XP12 run will implement this or frame generation? Or something similar? It worked wonders in other games, they’re so fluid. 
It would be great too if XP12 had something similar, as I find the frames per second a little low for my hardware. 

• Like 1

Is this a serious question?  Because your post history seems to show you have no interest in X-Plane, whatsoever.  I do have a comprehensive answer for you, but I want to be sure about your intentions.

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I believe that the XP engine is not ready for DLSS/FR, unfortunately. Even though the latest release candidate has improved performance for me, after some extended testing, it seems clear that MSFS is still more performant when all the latest gfx tech is used. Hopefully we see these implemented in the future.

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

52 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Is this a serious question?  Because your post history seems to show you have no interest in X-Plane, whatsoever.  I do have a comprehensive answer for you, but I want to be sure about your intentions.

I find this response is really disappointing! 

I thought that Avsim was an open forum where users and enthusiasts could exchange ideas, ask for advice, add to our understanding of aviation, physics etc.

Instead, now we are going to judge each and every user as to whether they are worthy of a reply or response?  If this trend continues, this forum will be no better than 'the org'.

It is a valid question, especially if someone may be contemplating and upgrade in graphics cards, and are balancing up whether having to shell out extra money to buy into Nvidia is worth it, if XP is more likely to support FSR instead of DLSS3. 
The answer is still the answer regardless of who might of asked it, or whether they might be a user or fan of the other sim or not. And believe it or not, they are probably other users who are interested in whatever info you might be able to shed on the subject, whether they are dedicated XP enthusiasts, XP users, or user who are trying to stir up a fiery debate.

If there are shortcomings with a product (on either side) then one can be diplomatic in the response instead of deeming if someone is 'worthy' of a reply.

You have lots of really good, useful information that ALL Avsim readers would benefit from (XP and non XP users). Please dont go down the road of making sharing information hyper-partisan.

Everyone, please play nicely!

• Like 15
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Does anyone know if XP12 run will implement this

Last word was there was no intention to implement Nvidia specific technologies, I dont think will change ever.

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Or something similar?

That would be FSR, which is already in,

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/fidelityfx-super-resolution

Slider on the left hand side of Graphics settings.

with upgrades to a newer version (aiui) much later in the roadmap.

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

37 minutes ago, c912039 said:

I find this response is really disappointing! 

The poster has a history of bashing X-Plane, I had to put him on the ignore list. Pity, because over on the MSFS forum he is a very different poster.  I understand why the post was questioned.

• Like 5

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

mSparks gave an excellent answer, in a manner that negated any flare-up or 'ammunition' against XPlane.
It was a mature response, well handled, without the need to inflame the topic, or rile up the Avsim user posing the question.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, c912039 said:

mSparks gave an excellent answer, in a manner that negated any flare-up or 'ammunition' against XPlane.
It was a mature response, well handled, without the need to inflame the topic, or rile up the Avsim user posing the question.

It's no different to the information that is already available with a google search.  In any case, I'm happy Mark's response, although somewhat basic, was sufficient for you.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GoranM said:

I’ve used xplane since xplane 10…. Just because I can be critical doesn’t mean that I don’t use it or like it. I can be critical about msfs too, which I am sometimes, and I still use it. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

The poster has a history of bashing X-Plane, I had to put him on the ignore list. Pity, because over on the MSFS forum he is a very different poster.  I understand why the post was questioned.

Bashing? You mean being critical? It isn’t all sunshine. I’m critical of msfs too. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, c912039 said:

It is a valid question, especially if someone may be contemplating and upgrade in graphics cards, and are balancing up whether having to shell out extra money to buy into Nvidia is worth it, if XP is more likely to support FSR instead of DLSS3. 

That it is. However, not only has OP asked this question multiple times in the past (in fact, one of my responses helped trigger alligator tears of despair from them, and a public declaration that they had blocked me : ), but they are indeed a known XP-detractor, so you'll have to forgive the reticence. 

So repeating for OP, again: nooooo. No DLSS3. And I hope no DLSS of any flavor. It's a closed source solution that so far only works on NV cards. As stated above, LR has taken the more open path of FSR. (check newegg for gsync vs. freesync monitors to see what has happened on a similar and recent battlefield). If DLSS implementation is a byproduct of FSR development, then ok.

AMD has announced that FSR3.0 will generate fake frames too...they darn well better handle the latency issues and occasional garbage frames that come out of it though!

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/amd-fsr-3-announcement-frame-generation/

FSR2.0 requires screen-space motion vectors and LR has declared that will come in the future (I'm betting distant). 3.0 would probably be a short putt thereafter.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

Oh boy here we go again. 

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 2

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

42 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

Oh boy here we go again. 

There's a high number of feline-based avatar pics in these forums. I'm not complaining.

• Like 1

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

8 minutes ago, blingthinger said:

There's a high number of feline-based avatar pics in these forums. I'm not complaining.

I've just updated mine at the .org.... It's now a Feline too, my Cagarini !!!

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Be respectful and kind, that way topics will remain unlocked. It’s holiday season folks, we all love this hobby. I’m locking this one though, and more of this passive aggressiveness will see additional action, if needed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11