Sign in to follow this  
peroni

What would you like to see in XP12?

just fix what joke you're playing in eham/when flying over holland, fps halves in a particular direction, it's been like this in previous versions

i can't take this sim seriously with 30 fps with default okayish scenery

spacer.png

spacer.png

egmc

spacer.png

and to think flytampa addon would make it any better, nope. Great scenery which is totally unflyable.. brilliant 

spacer.png

Edited by UKflyer
  • Like 1

A fix for the constant mountain wave-feeling you get when cruising. It feels more like being on a boat rather than a plane.

• Like 1

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

18 minutes ago, UKflyer said:

just fix what joke you're playing in eham/when flying over holland, fps halves in a particular direction, it's been like this in previous versions

i can't take this sim seriously with 30 fps with default okayish scenery

Can we summarize this with improve performances or are you referring to a specific bug?

Edited by peroni

1 minute ago, peroni said:

Can we summarize this with improve performances or are you referring to a specific bug?

with 80 fps at a different location, i'd call it a bug which has been in the sim for so long i guess it can't be fixed, but i live in hope

looks like gpu usage hits the roof for some reason who knows

Edited by UKflyer

16 minutes ago, Balint Szarka said:

A fix for the constant mountain wave-feeling you get when cruising. It feels more like being on a boat rather than a plane.

I believe this would be related to excessive turbolence, correct?

WAY better VR implementation. An auto disappearing mouse cursor, better menus and easier ways to control their pop out sizes, an Avitab type program that is useable in VR without having to open up a separate window while in VR. An ATC window that actually resizes like it used to at the beginning of the beta, it broke after an update and no one bothered to fix it. Better clouds in VR. Just more care for VR users. Stay a little more competitive with the other sims and try to keep the growing number of VR users a little happier. And of course better scenery.

Edited by Daytona125
  • Like 1

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

1 hour ago, UKflyer said:

and to think flytampa addon would make it any better, nope. Great scenery which is totally unflyable.. brilliant 

I think it’s a Flytampa issue because their scenery has a huge impact on fps when looking in some directions. I haven’t that problem at all at payware LFPG-scenery for example. Or was there a problem already without the FlyTampa-addon?

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

19 minutes ago, Daytona125 said:

WAY better VR implementation. An auto disappearing mouse cursor, better menus and easier ways to control their pop out sizes, an Avitab type program that is useable in VR without having to open up a separate window while in VR. An ATC window that actually resizes like it used to at the beginning of the beta, it broke after an update and no one bothered to fix it. Better clouds in VR. Just more care for VR users. Stay a little more competitive with the other sims and try to keep the growing number of VR users a little happier. And of course better scenery.

Thanks for these. I'll compile a list sometime tomorrow when sober 😁

About mouse cursor, you reminded me of one pet hate of mine, the damned view zooming when trying to rotate a dial. In XP11 it was workarounded but the simple but brilliant plugin StopZoomingDammit. We definitely need something like that for XP12 too. Ideally a native solution.

• Like 1

So GoranM is instructing us how to formulate our suggestions and wishes for X-Plane 12, even unto grammatical and syntactical formatting, in a positive and constructive manner? Most excellent! I'll play.

I would very much enjoy water that is less uniform in color and texture; i.e. more realistic water-masking.

I believe I would find snow and ice accumulation, both on aircraft and on the terrain, very appealing.

I would like to see streaming satellite photogrammetry. While not everyone has an always-on, rock-solid and beefy internet connection, I would venture to say that most do. For those unfortunates who do not, the current rendition may, in fact, suffice.

I think that buildings and other terrain with a more robustly-rendered appearance, especially inasmuch as elevations go, would benefit X-Plane 12 pilots.

While X-Plane 12's new volumetric clouds are certainly an upgrade and improvement over previous versions, it seems to me that even more could be done in this regard.

How'd I do? 😁

• Like 2

Corsair 5000D Airflow | Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master | i7-11700K @ 4.9GHz | Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 RAM | Crucial P5 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME | WD 14TB external HDD | Gigabyte RTX 3080 Aorus Master | EVGA G3 850 W 80+ Gold PSU | LG 32GP850-B 32.0" 2560x1440 165Hz | Saitek X52 HOTAS | Win10 21H2

My list @GoranM

1) Procedural next gen tech for Autogen. An intelligent algorithm that accurately places correct regional autogen(with correct building heights and rooftops) and textures with proper seasonal variation. This approach is much better than orthos.

2) Accurate snow coverage.

3) Light pollution at night

4) Proper HDR support for true HDR.

5) DLSS Support

6) Raytracing

Edited by Baber20
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

3 hours ago, peroni said:

Thanks for these. I'll compile a list sometime tomorrow when sober 😁

About mouse cursor, you reminded me of one pet hate of mine, the damned view zooming when trying to rotate a dial. In XP11 it was workarounded but the simple but brilliant plugin StopZoomingDammit. We definitely need something like that for XP12 too. Ideally a native solution.

The mouse cursor is a pain, it's way too big and it appears at all the wrong times and it disappears at all the wrong times too. I have found a few ways of dealing with it though, I bound a yoke button to get rid of the mouse and there is a plugin that reduces the size of the cursor. Still a bit of a pain to use... 

On kind of a cool note. I was just coming in for a landing at my local airport and there were fireworks everywhere! VERY cool New Years surprise!!

Edited by Daytona125

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

4 hours ago, peroni said:

I believe this would be related to excessive turbolence, correct?

Yes correct! It’s very excessive.

I am a cabin crew and if we were to be constantly riding left, right, up and down like that I’d quit haha 😆 

• Like 1

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

I think this thread will go nowhere very quickly, due to some people who can't control the urge to troll post. With some already doing so.  Sorry @peroni  I’m not going to entertain those people. Unfortunately, they're ruining it for the people with legitimate comments.  It's better if someone has features they want or bugs to fix, they can email Laminar. I can appreciate your intentions, but it’s not going to work. 

Edited by GoranM