Sign in to follow this  
peroni

What would you like to see in XP12?

Taking up the offer from @GoranM, this thread is for user to post their wishes for the XP12 run that I will try to compile into a list.

Ideally Goran would share this list with Laminar after some time. Even if not, it might be a good place to discuss about what we would like to see in the course of the XP12 release.

Please only constructive feedback and ideas. Avoid turning this thread into 'my sim is better than yours' and getting it locked.

edit: I'll create the list after a few entries and I'll try to keep it updated daily.

Edited by peroni
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I think XP12 scenery is actually pretty good. If Laminar would fill in some of the many bare spots it would look a lot better. Sim haven does a nice job , but to me the houses at least in the US do not look right.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, peroni said:

Taking up the offer from @GoranM, this thread is for user to post their wishes for the XP12 run that I will try to compile into a list.

Ideally Goran would share this list with Laminar after some time. Even if not, it might be a good place to discuss about what we would like to see in the course of the XP12 release.

Please only constructive feedback and ideas. Avoid turning this thread into 'my sim is better than yours' and getting it locked.

If people make a solid case for what they want to see, I'll absolutely forward it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyer47 said:

I think XP12 scenery is actually pretty good. If Laminar would fill in some of the many bare spots it would look a lot better. Sim haven does a nice job , but to me the houses at least in the US do not look right.

Help me to word this nicely
- Increase autogen quality and improve OSM coverage, similarly to what Armin does with Simheaven but with better 3d models and more diversification

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, peroni said:

Help me to word this nicely
- Increase autogen quality and improve OSM coverage, similarly to what Armin does with Simheaven but with better 3d models and more diversification

You mean like this?  And this?

But back on topic.

Edited by GoranM

Aerodynamics:

- Better flap aerodynamics, allowing for proper negative flap settings - various suggestions already sent to Austin;

Weather modelling:

- Proper troposphere modelling for upper FLs instead of the clamped model we now have - also already explained the best I could...

Graphics:

- Render clouds at night, and the associated light effects.

Edited by cagarini
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS ceased development of MS FLIGHT...

Goran, in the first pic I don't see any autogen. Am I looking at the wrong thing. Nice pic nonetheless
Second pic looks excellent but not everywhere has that level of detail currently. I guess the wish of @flyer47 is to have the same quality everywhere or at least where good OSM coverage exists. I'll let him explain further if he wishes to do so.

A repositioning feature that could move the aircraft to a specified lat/long/altitude anywhere in the world in its current state (e.g. attitude reference to the horizon, airspeed, heading, configuration) without requiring a reload of the acft.

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

12 minutes ago, peroni said:

Goran, in the first pic I don't see any autogen. Am I looking at the wrong thing. Nice pic nonetheless
Second pic looks excellent but not everywhere has that level of detail currently. I guess the wish of @flyer47 is to have the same quality everywhere or at least where good OSM coverage exists. I'll let him explain further if he wishes to do so.

Granted, I cheated.  They're both ortho.  But it shows what is possible if Austin somehow adds streamed ortho to XP12.

5 minutes ago, Bob Scott said:

A repositioning feature that could move the aircraft to a specified lat/long/altitude anywhere in the world in its current state (e.g. attitude reference to the horizon, airspeed, heading, configuration) without requiring a reload of the acft.

Bob, I think what you ask is already possible by using the map, clicking the aircraft icon and selecting the new coordinates

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, peroni said:

Bob, I think what you ask is already possible by using the map, clicking the aircraft icon and selecting the new coordinates

I might actually check this to confirm.

Yes, indeed you can.  Thanks for that, peroni.  13 years in X-Plane, I never knew that was possible.  🤦‍♂️

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, GoranM said:

if Austin somehow adds streamed ortho to XP12

I'll add this to the list too, probably one of the most requested features

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, peroni said:

I'll add this to the list too, probably one of the most requested features

He's mentioned an "interest" in it.  Nothing confirmed, but he has acknowledged the demand for it is quite high.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Network support is lacking, I would like to see L/R spend some time in this area. For instance... Airport vehicles either disappear between computers/visuals or morph into something else, I'd rather have NO vehicles than this. Lightning at night, if there is a lighting strike it only flashes on one monitor and kills the effect. Dusk and dawn two out of the three displays look good the third is off due to the direction XP12 is picking up on the view, no smooth transition onto the third monitor? Not sure the cause on the third issue. Then there is the possibility the creating of 3D flight decks (for your default aircraft) with everything invisible  in the flight deck/ cockpit except the rain and wipers and get the rain throughout the entire screen! Create a new pulldown menu for flight deck flyers that run networks to utilize these new effects.

Just for starters and yes I know we are in the minority of flyers... But, if you want to tout your heading in the pro direction, these types of setups use networking!

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL
  • Like 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

6 hours ago, peroni said:

Thanks...I'll take a look.  In XP11, though, you could only reposition the acft to a point within something like 100km from your current position that way.  Any further and you had to use a function that first required doing a bunch of trig to compute the elements of a quaternary defining your position and orientation in 3D space, and the worst of it was that the move reloaded the acft, which on many of the advanced add-on acft causes system resets and such.  On the Felis B742, for example, the pressurization system resets the cabin altitude to the current acft altitude, which means an instantaneous cabin altitude alarm that persists until the cabin slowly descends to below 10,000 ft.

Edit: Just tried it in XP12--the map does allow you to reposition the plane via direct entry of the coordinates, but it's a bit bugged if you try to reposition the plane a long distance away...I tried going from the ramp at Colorado Springs to the end of runway 17R at Andrews AFB near D.C.  I entered the latitude, no problem, then the longitude, got a long pause and then ended up miles away from the coordinates I had entered at something like 160,000 ft altitude.  If I then re-enter the lat/long/alt again, the plane gets placed where I want it.  OTOH, it does not appear that the plane is getting reloaded, so if all it takes is two rounds of entering the coordinates, that's a capability I can definitely make use of.

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case