Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Milviz stopped selling P3D products?

All their products are available in ORBX Central. Some products are only available for P3D4, although they published P3D5 installers on the Milviz/Blackbird support forums. So I guess, to use a product only available for v4, you need to buy, install, and then get the installer in the support forum, if available or try to port it to v5 on your own. 

Dan

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

5 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

All their products are available in ORBX Central. Some products are only available for P3D4, although they published P3D5 installers on the Milviz/Blackbird support forums. So I guess, to use a product only available for v4, you need to buy, install, and then get the installer in the support forum, if available or try to port it to v5 on your own. 

Dan

Hi, sorry but I didn´t find any F-4 or T-38 in ORBX Central (P3Dv4 or v5) tab.

Hamilton Müller

1 hour ago, Hamilton_ said:

Hi, sorry but I didn´t find any F-4 or T-38 in ORBX Central (P3Dv4 or v5) tab.

I should have written most of their products then, sorry. Perhaps F-4 and T-38 are not ready yet or they sell it somebody else.

Dan

• Like 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

9 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

All their products are available in ORBX Central.

No, their ESP products have all been withdrawn from sale.
They can still be seen in Orbx Central, for those who already own them, but they have gone from Orbx Direct
and can no longer be bought there.

On 1/25/2023 at 3:55 AM, Reader said:

No, their ESP products have all been withdrawn from sale.
They can still be seen in Orbx Central, for those who already own them, but they have gone from Orbx Direct
and can no longer be bought there.

Yes there are selected aircraft listed in Orbx Central as available for purchase including ones I don't have.

The above said clicking on Central's link to Orbx Direct returns a 404 page not found as does clicking on the Add to Cart link.

So unless you've already got them, or they've done a deal and sold their back catalogue to LM, it's a plumb out of luck no deal.

Seems a bit wierd really, I mean I can understand no further development of the existing range given they are finalised releases and have been for some time. And it's not as though their forum is blowing up with install issues, so really they could just leave them sitting as a back catalogue available to those who want them.

They came across as a strange bunch and never inspired much confidence with myself which was why I was always hesitent to purchase their products, their cost verses reputation and confidence were not in equalibrium, as opposed to say A2A.

I do find it surprising that people are infact offering to purchase and they are uninterested in taking money, even if the volume is low they could still take the money and provide a download link for virtually no effort.

Anyway I'm glad I managed to purchase what I did during their flash sale, I would have liked to grab a couple more and did try to just after New Year but that ship had sailed by then (missed out by just days).

Cheers

Edited by Rogen
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

If they sell, they have to support.

To support, they need some staff with P3D competences to do that maintenance job.

It's highly probable that all of their staff is now allocated to MSFS tasks, and having even just one person working on P3D products maintenance would cost more than any income they could still get from P3D sales...

Edited by Daube

Do they need to offer support if they state that NO SUPPORT WILL BE OFFERED at checkout?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

5 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Do they need to offer support if they state that NO SUPPORT WILL BE OFFERED at checkout?

I doubt that would be enough to stop people contacting them for support in any case, and presumably they would then have to 'waste' time filtering out the P3D requests to reply that there's no support available.

If I were Milviz and I wanted to keep the goodwill of the community, I would release the final versions of the products for free download with an explicit 'this is freeware' license and be done with it. If I wanted to go further (and my own contracts allowed me to do so, which is doubtful) I would release the source code under a permissive license so others could pick up the products and enhance them.

I still think they're looking to firmly draw a line under P3D and say 'we're done with it' in a way that the community will have no doubts about. Pulling the products from sale helps achieve this (not least because we're all still talking about it) and lets them have a clean break. At some point the tiny revenues they might get from legacy P3D products are just not enough to justify spending any time on it at all. 

Sad, but an unfortunate reflection of where P3D is now.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

3 hours ago, neilhewitt said:

If I wanted to go further (and my own contracts allowed me to do so, which is doubtful) I would release the source code under a permissive license so others could pick up the products and enhance them.

That’s exactly what they’re doing.  They hope to encourage a new generation to dip a toe in the development pool.

The idea is to ‘enhance’ them into MSFS.

Milviz has now split into two operations;  Blackbird Simulations develop for MSFS whilst Milviz appears to be up to their neck in P3D development for the military.

I'm so mad.  I see at least four or five airplanes I would have bought right now for P3Dv5.  I've always wanted a Beaver and a Twin Comanche and the King Air, I could go on.  I had no idea they were planning to just completely yank all P3D products from the store forever otherwise I would have made sure to buy those planes.  F*** it makes me so mad.  I just don't understand why they just couldn't leave them available for sale and just add a disclaimer saying up front that they're as is and will no longer be updated for future versions?  Would that be so hard to do?  Ugh, now I'm just sad, what a loss for all P3D users.  It's hard enough to find good aircraft for it and now there's even less.  Thanks Milviz, for saying a big F*** You to the P3D community.  By the way Milviz, MSFS is a joke of a flight simulator, you just want to cash in like so many other devs instead of making real airplanes.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Yes, they’re terrible people and thoroughly deserve your expressions of hate for wanting to make a living for themselves….. and they only gave everyone a years notice of their intentions too…

Shocking!

4 hours ago, Kalnon said:

I'm so mad.  I see at least four or five airplanes I would have bought right now for P3Dv5.  I've always wanted a Beaver and a Twin Comanche and the King Air, I could go on.  I had no idea they were planning to just completely yank all P3D products from the store forever otherwise I would have made sure to buy those planes.  F*** it makes me so mad.  I just don't understand why they just couldn't leave them available for sale and just add a disclaimer saying up front that they're as is and will no longer be updated for future versions?  Would that be so hard to do?  Ugh, now I'm just sad, what a loss for all P3D users.  It's hard enough to find good aircraft for it and now there's even less.  Thanks Milviz, for saying a big F*** You to the P3D community.  By the way Milviz, MSFS is a joke of a flight simulator, you just want to cash in like so many other devs instead of making real airplanes.

The code for those aircraft may have gone somewhere else.

But, that's just a guess.

11 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Yes, they’re terrible people and thoroughly deserve your expressions of hate for wanting to make a living for themselves….. and they only gave everyone a years notice of their intentions too…

Shocking!

There's nothing wrong with making a living, I understand that but like I said, I just don't understand why they can't keep them up for sale for those of us who don't use MSFS.  I'm not asking them to keep supporting the planes and updating them, I just want to be able to buy them as is.  All they would need to do is just put a disclaimer and make it clear in the description stating that those planes will no longer be supported or updated for future P3D versions.  They don't need to do anything except just keep them on the website for sale for those of us who still want to use legacy flight simulators, that's all I'm asking for.  It certainly can't take up very much of their time just to do that.

I don't like MSFS because every airplane I tried, including expensive 3rd party planes, even supposedly study level aircraft, all feel very arcade-like when hand flying and for that reason I don't use it.  MSFS is like 70% eye candy and 30% flight simulator and I regret ever wasting so much of my money on it just to be disappointed time and time again.  Options for good quality aircraft for P3Dv5 is limited.  I only recently started using P3Dv5 (I don't have any older versions) so even though these planes may have been out for a long time, I'm only just discovering them.  I've been all over the web checking out all the flight simulator stores out there but I've never seen any Milviz planes for sale on any of them, I didn't know about them until I recently discovered there website and being new to P3Dv5, I had no idea they were ever going to pull them from the store otherwise I would have already bought them if I had known.

Edited by Kalnon
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey @Kalnon, understand your pain, I went to buy just after the new year with some xmas bonus $$ only to find nothing.

I'l note though there has been a change on the website since then, as they now actually display the planes they used to sell, when I went to buy there was nothing shown at all.

Cheers

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

Also don't fret, there are other nice planes and places to buy

• A2A (the pinnacle of GA and also has a great B17),
  • Ants (nice inexpensive quality),
  • Flight 1 (the iFly Boeings),
  • Just Flight (some nice Arrows and tons of others),
  • Quality Wings (nice jets),
  • NextGen (Citation CJ4X V2),
  • AeroSoft (famous for their Twin Otter and Airbuses),
  • FSL (high level airbus)
  • PMDG (Boeings)
  • Leonardo (MDs)
  • TFDi design (717)
  • Alabeo (the C421 is quite good and has a number of mods),
  • Carenado (lots of good mod kits for these, check the forum in AVSIM)
  • There are also a bunch of freebees over on Orbx Direct/Central.

And I could go on... Googling will help.

I even have a couple of FSX-SE planes migrated over.

Cheers

DHC2 migrated from FSX-SE

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Edited by Rogen
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1