Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

Longitude after Wednesday's AAU beta update

20 hours ago, hs118 said:

These are the 3. FWIW personally, I dont think the turbulence is too much. More that the flight model needs some tuning.

pitch_gyro_stability        
roll_gyro_stability        
yaw_gyro_stability         

flight_model.cfg (flightsimulator.com)

Thanks, I'll have to look into those. I won't argue with you (actually with anyone) about the turbulence and I respect everyone has a preference. For me personally, it's not that there IS any, it's how Asobo implemented it. Clearly injected (or extrapolated?) and completely, ridiculously overdone. If I was to believe the devs, any approach or climbout from takeoff should expose you to the kind of wind shear/turbulence that you might expect after flying into wake turbulence from an airliner. No matter the season, location, actual weather conditions or aircraft you're flying.

After seeing so much progress in other areas of the sim it's just mind-boggling that this was (a) introduced and (b) still persists. The proposed fix - a slider to modulate said ridiculous turbulence - is no fix at all, at least not to me.

Anyway all of this is not to start another 300-post thread; I think the topic's been debated to death already. I just hope Asobo will address this and provide a real solution.

ASUS MAXIMUS IX CODE Z270, i7-7700K OC@4.8, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, VKBSim Gladiator joystick, CH Pro pedals, Razer Orbweaver Chroma Gaming Keypad, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB (main drive/sim drive), WD Black 1TB HDD

First time flying this bird EVER in MSFS.  I flew the modded CJ4 a lot but decided to check her out post AAU update.  WOW is all I can say, took her for a lengthy 3 hour hop from TNCM to KMIA and she behaved impeccably!  Great job WT and Asobo.

• Like 3

Thomas Derbyshire

On the PFD I have a message that says "No Standby Data" then directly underneath CAS 0 with an up/down arrow?  Any ideas?  

Thomas Derbyshire

1 minute ago, sidfadc said:

On the PFD I have a message that says "No Standby Data" then directly underneath CAS 0 with an up/down arrow?  Any ideas?  

Turn on your Standby power, immediately to left of Generator switches...

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

1 minute ago, sidfadc said:

Your standby HSI is off. Under the PFD, look where it says "electrical", the second row is a bunch of knobs. Flick the one all the way to the left UP. 

Just now, Gazzareth said:

Turn on your Standby power, immediately to left of Generator switches...

G

Genius, love AVSIM!  Thank you.

Thomas Derbyshire