56 members have voted

1. 1. What would you choose?

• High end VR headset
    • Brunner force feedback yoke.

Ian you ask where does it ends?

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 hours ago, regis9 said:

This is a good point for anyone new to VR to consider.  @Ianrivaldosmith, have you had the chance to try flying in VR before? I find with my headset, I can also only last 30-60 minutes or so before I start to get dizzy, generally uncomfortable etc.  I could never use it on anything more than a short, sightseeing flight which is partially why it is rarely used.

There’s a wide spectrum of people’s tolerances so this may or may not be an issue for you.  At the other end of the spectrum my dad puked after about five minutes.

All that to say, if you haven’t tried VR in flightsim yet and could, it would be a good thing to do before buying if possible.

Unless someone can do a long-term test using VR, I don't think this is useful advice.  The vast majority of people get motion sickness the first several times in VR.  The "solution" is to quit at the first sign of discomfort and try again the next day.  Generally, each day you can be in VR longer until after a week or two you fully have your "VR legs".  I can now fly/drive in VR (Reverb G2) for hours at a time without any sign of nausea/motion sickness (and I will never fly/drive in "pancake mode again!).  But had I judged VR on my first couple of attempts, I would have thrown away my headset and never tried VR again...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, eslader said:

When you do upgrade yokes, consider the Fulcrum One. It's a lot less expensive than the Brunner, but it's extremely well-built. I saw no need to spend the extra money.

It’s the force feedback I’m interested in. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Ian you ask where does it ends?

Not sure if I could/should ever go that far! I just got back from Disney last week, and a simulator called Mission-Space felt like it was gonna kill meh'! (And I'm a person with absolutely no trace of nausea in vr.....)

VR, I can do. Motion.... (and G-forces!) Apparently not so much.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

It’s the force feedback I’m interested in. 

I was under the impression MSFS does not support force feedback.  I use a MSFFB2 and there are no force feedback options to configure in the sim. I'm presuming the Brunner yoke replicates power controls? 

As for VR; if it was giving you headaches and nausia I doubt very much it was solely due to washed out colours or the G2's narrow sweet spot.  Perhaps the best solution would be perscription lenses for the headset. Personnaly,  I love VR,  but only for combat!:biggrin:

Edited by DD_Arthur
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

I was under the impression MSFS does not support force feedback.  I use a MSFFB2 and there are no force feedback options to configure in the sim. I'm presuming the Brunner yoke replicates power controls? 

I believe it uses it’s own software that connects to MSFS. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

far! I just got back from Disney last week,

Two days entry to the happiest place in the world is also the same price as a full 6DOF sim pit these days 

• Like 4

With the Brunner you have to make your own profiles to try and match what the aircraft would feel like irl. There is a profile cloud but the selection is severely limited. You might get one or two planes with good profiles.  Trying to set up your own profiles becomes an exercise in guessing until you settle on something that feels good to you.  Likely not identical to the aircraft you are flying. The software is not intuitive but it’a there and you can do things. The support is fine for things like firmware and hardware issues but ask about something software and you can see in their forums they respond to nothing.

The whole Brunner experience for $2500 USD is far from user friendly. You’ll get a good C152 and 737 profile that are mostly accurate. After that you are just guessing but the stiffness and force feedback does feel nice even if it’s not accurate. All that being said, the yoke feels alive which is fun. It’s built to last so you should get a decade++ out of it. 

oh and the software will cost you 5 FPS give or take if you are CPU bound. It’s not a light background program. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

For a long time I also could not understand what is more important to me.  in the end I decided to build a universal solution for all types of simulators.  I'm not rich enough to order a ready-made modular platform and it took a lot of time to select individual components and figure out how to combine and, if necessary, change relatively quickly.  I can't say that everything turned out perfect.  There is always a desire to improve something.  I tried to do my project as much as possible without compromises.  Based on my experience, I can say - if the issue of choice cannot be resolved for so long, then you will not stop until you have both brunner and vr))

• Like 2

Garber Sergey

I will add that Bruner direct customer support (although not in the forum) is quite good.

Mine arrived slightly damaged (UPS/DHL’s fault) and after asking me to send some pictures they concluded it was probably fine but to be sure they wanted me to send it back so they could inspect it.  

They did an RMA and inside of a week I had sent it from Canada to Europe (Switzerland?), they inspected it, replaced a part, and sent it back to me.  All express shipping which in my mind is how RMAs should be and I’m sure no small cost to them.

Compare that to say a Fanatec RMA for those who’ve had to endure that horror and you get a sense of how they stand behind their product.

More profiles/forum support though is certainly needed.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 minutes ago, senya016 said:

in the end I decided to build a universal solution for all types of simulators

Would love to see pictures of what you’ve put together.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

15 minutes ago, senya016 said:

Based on my experience, I can say - if the issue of choice cannot be resolved for so long, then you will not stop until you have both brunner and vr))

The issue of my simming life! 

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

Would love to see pictures

IMG-20221014-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20221014-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20230107-011150-411.jpg

20230112-163803.jpg

20230112-163738.jpg

20230112-164522.jpg

20230112-164743.jpg

Edited by senya016
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Garber Sergey

Since I'm flying airliners only, VR isn't really useful and rather annoying. For GA I'd surely go for it, if I had the appropriate hardware.

35 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Since I'm flying airliners only, VR isn't really useful and rather annoying. For GA I'd surely go for it, if I had the appropriate hardware.

VR in the PMDG 737 is actually really cool!  I departed a rural airport and climbed through a broken big puffy cloud layer and it looked real!  Because of the speed of the jet passing the clouds it was quite the experience.  I used to think like you do but VR is great for airliners too especially if they have a EFB tablet you can lookup charts on (assuming you have Navigraph).

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |