Sign in to follow this  
jarmstro

Embraer E175 by FSS

37 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

Here's some info on the planned 0.9.1 update on January 17th.

https://www.flightsim-studio.com/news-e-jets-update-0-9-1/

That's a solid and fast update for most of the annoying bugs. I am however, like @Vali  suprised that only 1% ot fhe tickets apparently are FPS issues.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Vali said:

I have seen many people reporting issues with the fps, in the pie-chart is only 1%, I am not sure how to read it, if it is really a general issue as reported or not.

One flight I had fps issues. Not so now touch wood. It's odd.

I have terrible but usable frame rates but a lot of stuttering in the FSS E175. It's for sure my number one issue with the plane.  Most of my 3rd party jets are about 30-50 fps even in the worst case.   This jet gets down to the low 20s and averages about 30-35 with heavy stutters often.  Inibuilds LAX with a low cloud deck/rain and FSLTL can get down into the teens.  With the PMDG, Fenix, CRJ or FBW the same scenario would give me a solid 30-35FPS.

It sounds like they are aware and the solution is known to be the display rendering,  only time will tell if they can fix it.

This 17th changelog looks promising already.

How is it after todays patch?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

A massive fps hit kicks in seemingly randomly. It's a known issue and a bug apparently. I've had flights which have been fine and others where the fps bug has reared it's ugly head.

Edited by jarmstro

Picked this up this evening and this is my brief thoughts on the product.  I think the visual exterior model is very impressive.  However when the cockpit loaded in I thought for a second I was back in FSX with a 2D panel.  This is obviously a WIP (as indicated by the developer) and I am sure with the feedback they have received this will improve in time.  It turns out its not a 2D panel and you can use it like any 3D panel in MSFS but 1st impressions when it pops in the screen is OMG what is that and what era is it?  

I only took it up for a quick circuit around PAE.  I found the flight model to be stable and straight.  It holds a line without the need for much rudder input and its easily hand flown nice and steady.  I loaded fuel at 100% and was about 5,000 lbs under MTOW.  It felt a bit heavy using most of the runway at PAE getting airborne.  I am by no means a real E-175 pilot and I thought it was a bit down on power for this type of aircraft but what do I know?  Maybe at such weights the E-175 is a bit of a runway hog?  

I did experience a fair amount of stutters and a hit on frame rates especially when scrolling around the aircraft in exterior view.  Frame rates seems okay at least in my brief flying in the cockpit.  This is not unheard of in WIP models so hopefully they will fix this problem as well.  

Have not tried the AP yet so I can't comment on its function.  

Coming back in for a landing I found it stable and a joy to fly.  Nothing bad happened on approach and I thought it stopped about what I think an E-175 would be able to especially at my gross weight.  

My suggestions for improvement is the flight deck needs a more realistic look.  Obviously whatever is causing the stutters and frame rate issue needs to be fixed.  Also thought it was kind of wacky on a payware plane that I have the option of putting in my own registration number.  Maybe its just me but I prefer my registration number to be the creativity of the person who is painting the plane.  Also maybe its just me but I tend to believe having this option on a payware plane lessons its value.  

Overall though it looks pretty cool and hopefully the developers can take it much farther.  I also like the idea a 170 and a 190-195 is coming.  In the coming day(s) I plan to take it on a longer flight and see how it works out. 

BTW, I really liked how the standard length winglet things are included plus the longer versions.  I was wondering about this when I bought it but it turns out they are both in there.

• Like 1

0.9.1 has done everything it says it has.  The ILS logic is much better.  Now you can arm the localizer earlier and the GS mode comes in at the correct time. The glideslope and HSI indicators seem way more accurate.  The PFD seems less janky and more smooth on Medium. 

It is not mentioned in the change log, but it seems the fighter jet roll rate has been tempered.  I did notice the Realistic IESS and PFD bootup sequence. 90 seconds for the IESS and seems like another 2 mins for the PFD.

Lots of nice liveries coming in quick on flightsim.to.  

0.9.2 on 1/24/23 seems like a nothing burger, but so far so good updates are coming and coming on time

The FPS seems better... Maybe that first install was wonky.  It's still pretty bad at LAX with low clouds and FSLTL on 90 A/C.

• Like 1

Took this for a quick trip PAE-RNO.  It flew nice except its obvious the systems are rather basic at the moment.  I thought the AP was a bit clunky.  For example it takes forever to adjust your cruise altitude at least on my set up.  On some aircraft I you can just hit one of the mouse buttons and advance your altitude setting quickly.  This one you have to use the wheel on your mouse to advance the altitude and it takes a while.

Not much to report with the flight dynamics.  It feels a bit under powered but maybe these are in real life?  I have flown on a few E-175s for real and even on some longer legs I found the plane sporty and this is does not feel sporty to me.  Above FL250 the throttles are pegged climbing 500 to 1000 FPM.  It will still gain airspeed but its a very slow process at these altitudes.  Fuel burn seems way off.  At FL350 I was was burning 2400 lbs per engine at Mach .76 which seems to be a lot for an aircraft this size.  At max I would think fuel flow would be half that amount or less.  These are known to be efficient airplanes.

Performance wise its pretty stuttery currently.  Sometimes its okay but other times it gets pretty bad.  I don't know much about aircraft design especially in MSFS but if I had to guess its one of the instrument gauges that is causing the slow down.  This and/or the physical model needs more refinement.  

On landing I thought the visual look of the flaps was off.  Even with full flaps they would not appear to be all the way down.  This is likely a simple adjustment with the visual model and flight dynamics that hopefully comes later. 

I think it has pretty good potential and it was fun as is but right now its very basic and clunky.  WIP is okay as long as it does not become vaporware!      

7 hours ago, flightjunkiechicago said:

I use the CH Products Yoke and for some reason the throttle doesn't work with the left engine. It only controls the right engine.
No other planes have this issue. Frustrating!

Could be you need to bind both the THROTTLE 1 AXIS and THROTTLE 2 AXIS to the CH yoke throttle axis.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Anyone run across Nose Wheel Steering problem?  For some reason,  I can't get the nose wheel to turn even though the settings in MSFS are set to my Logitech 3D Pro.  I don't have problems with any other plane steering so I'm thinking I'm missing something in the FSS E175 set-up.  Nonetheless, the tiller even moves from side to side through the controller.  Just no nose wheel movement.  Any advice would be great.

Is anyone else noticing the aircraft is stuttering badly after the last update on 2.7.2023 i believe it is 0.9.3?  Solid update, but the FPS situation for me has gone from mildly annoying to unusable.  I'm positive its this jet.  PMDG gives me a solid 60FPS in the same exact scenario.  Hopefully they fix it.

1 hour ago, aniiran said:

Is anyone else noticing the aircraft is stuttering badly after the last update on 2.7.2023 i believe it is 0.9.3?  Solid update, but the FPS situation for me has gone from mildly annoying to unusable.  I'm positive its this jet.  PMDG gives me a solid 60FPS in the same exact scenario.  Hopefully they fix it.

FSS played around with the glass cockpit refresh rate and it's causing your (and everybody else's) stuttering. I was hoping for a hot fix to address this one problem, but nothing to date. Changing the refresh rate to LOW helps a bit with stutters but introduces lag into changing hdg, speed, etc, so pick your poison. Next scheduled update is Feb. 21.

Their discord if you're interested: https://discord.gg/UEwX7fHe

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe