Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

Lost control of Fenix A320

I was just completing a long flight from LGAV to EGLL in the Fenix A320 and suddenly the aircracft initiated an uncommanded left bank (going against what the flight directors were telling it to do) and just held this bank.

I tried to disconnect the AP and correct it myself, but even with full right deflection on the side stick (and the side stick was moving in the virtual cockpit), the ailerons were not responding. See this screenshot (AP disconnected, side stick on full right deflection, yet no response from ailerons) https://imgur.com/r8c070H

I also tried to switch to heading mode, did a DIRECT TO another waypoint, but nothing, it just kept holding this bank.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated. I haven't yet managed to complete one succesful flight in MSFS.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Just now, petepawn said:

All kind of things seem happen to you..

Honestly, I don't know what I did wrong in another life...!

I first installed MSFS two years ago but didn't really use it as there weren't any study level airliners. Re-installed it last weekend as I'd read a lot about the Fenix A320 and I've had so many issues (I know it's a steep learning curve but these seem to be sim issues). First it was the SimObjects issue, then problems with the TCA thottle quadrant and just when I thought I'd solved it all, this happens.

If you've got any ideas or advice, I'd greatly appreciate them...!

64.0 GB RAM

were you in the cruise using live wx , this happens to me sometimes in the fenix random violent rolls no idea what causing it , AP rarely disconnects though

Edited by sonny147

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

it could be your controller by the way

• Like 1

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

18 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

it could be your controller by the way

But the controller was moving the side stick with the commands I was giving it. It was like the Airbus was ignoring the commands (side stick and rudder, both separate controllers). 

64.0 GB RAM

A few weeks back I was about 5 miles out on final into KORD after a flight from Vancouver. When I disconnected the AP I also experienced a steep left bank that was unrecoverable. Tried reconnecting the AP but it didn't make a difference. I think Fenix is aware of these bugs and is working on it. 

Edited by theshack440

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

Sorry for the naive question, but why is the MCDU obviously untouched and in "Select Desired System" state and the EFB not logged in in your screenshot? I can see that you must have put in some flight plan and speed and cpurse are in managed mode. So maybe somehow the Fenix software lost connection to the plane or got reset? Seems to be a question for the Fenix support.

Edited by crimplene

Where’s the best place to get Fenix support?

64.0 GB RAM

Looking at the image the PFD shows you in overspeed which can occur with a dynamic weather change. Someone had this problem before where the sim had been paused so they had to re pause then un pause to solve it.

Edited by carlanthony24

9 minutes ago, crimplene said:

Sorry for the naive question, but why is the MCDU obviously untouched and in "Select Desired System" state and the EFB not logged in in your screenshot?

Because he is a 👹.... He probably go to google and search for issues with MSFS and try to find the most obscure ones, so nobody really can solve it for him, so he's threads catch momentum. Sometimes he throws in the "Prepar3D is miles ahead" or "this is nothing more than a xbox game" just to spice things up. 😂. It starts to get really entertaining. 

Edited by Kaboki
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

Where’s the best place to get Fenix support?

https://kb.fenixsim.com/how-to-join-the-fenix-sim-discord

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

46 minutes ago, crimplene said:

Sorry for the naive question, but why is the MCDU obviously untouched and in "Select Desired System" state and the EFB not logged in in your screenshot? I can see that you must have put in some flight plan and speed and cpurse are in managed mode. So maybe somehow the Fenix software lost connection to the plane or got reset? Seems to be a question for the Fenix support.

I had a “company message” ECAM message and was in the middle of checking that on the MCDU when it started banking. 

I use an iPad as the EFB so don’t touch the one in the virtual cockpit. 

64.0 GB RAM

The pic actually shows no aileron deflection at all in the ECAM display, are you sure it's not a hardware / control bind issue?