Sign in to follow this  
flying_carpet

X-Plane 12: And Now for Something Completely Different ...

From now on, I will post the failures videos in one thread to bind them together. They are intended for X-Plane novices and other interested X-Plane users who want to go beyond the "ordinary" flying, so that they know what jewel they hold in hand.

An amazing adventure ... when you have to handle the following failure.

Edited by flying_carpet
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

I like the video and the specific failure scenario, but have to say that I like your sceneries too!

Are they a mix of ortho4xp and SimHeaven?

Suggestion: next time use lazy heights near the rw threshold or fwd slip to loose height... How the heck did you enter that spin? 🙂

Edited by cagarini

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

On 1/15/2023 at 7:22 PM, cagarini said:

I like the video and the specific failure scenario, but have to say that I like your sceneries too!

Are they a mix of ortho4xp and SimHeaven?

Yes.

On 1/15/2023 at 7:22 PM, cagarini said:

Suggestion: next time use lazy heights near the rw threshold or fwd slip to loose height... How the heck did you enter that spin? 🙂

I know 😋. I could have landed on the nearby fields, too. Especially if there isn't an airfield in the close vicinity. It wouldn't have been a problem with the Cub and its Tundra tires. But that's exactly what you can use a simulator for - trying things, which you wouldn't do IRL.

Probably I was too slow, as I didn't watch the airspeed indicator while looking outside the window.

• Like 2

The bleeding edge BETA Technologies Alia-250 ... what went wrong here?

Apart from that, here X-Plane is ahead of the competition - not only it reproduces existing planes, but new planes and concepts can be and are developed with it:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Cessna Citation: colossal climax - consecutive ...

... failure of 2 systems. Is it safe to call it study level, although it's a default plane? 😛 What about other flight sims? It is said that DCS's failure system is quite sophisticated - although for obvious reasons it hasn't a Citation 😉, I would be interested how extensive it is and how the common civilian flight sims can be compared to it. Anyone?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flying_carpet said:

Cessna Citation: colossal climax - consecutive ...

... failure of 2 systems. Is it safe to call it study level, although it's a default plane? 😛 What about other flight sims? It is said that DCS's failure system is quite sophisticated - although for obvious reasons it hasn't a Citation 😉, I would be interested how extensive it is and how the common civilian flight sims can be compared to it. Anyone?

Last time I used DCS ir surely didn't have such a sophisticated failure system.

I'd say that appart from custom Sims like PSX, AIRLINETOOLS A32X or ELITE, XP is quite ahead of the competition in terms of a built-in failure modelling system.

Edited by cagarini

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

4 hours ago, flying_carpet said:

... if the indicator for airspeed gets inoperable (even in default planes)

You inspired me a little to finally get round to this

now live for XP12 on the github, to be included in the next release.

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer