Sign in to follow this  
DAD

MSFS beta update [1.30.12.0] - January 17, 2023

24 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Ah! Sarcasm!  😆  Obviously you don't want any further detail - that's fine. 
Because it is really, really hard to write a few lines about which CTD's are cured isn't it?  

Let's all guess instead, and compare notes about years old flight sims and their patch notes.  That's a good game. 🙄

I acctually Like this way of Patch Notes. It is much more entertaining reading about all he things users THINK got fixed and those things that got BROKE.

• Like 2

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

9 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

"Several crashes have been fixed across the title"

They never say which ones!  😕  Surely if they have fixed them, they know what they have fixed. 

That's just a sentence put in their by their marketing department to appease those who always complain about CTDs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

That's just a sentence put in their by their marketing department to appease those who always complain about CTDs.

I sincerely hope you're joking, because it isn't.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

No, it isn't.

A crash was most definitely found, and identified, but it was deep in a not-very-interesting engine component which could be reached by a number of avenues. So, there's not really a way of saying "CTDs due to cause x" nor would anyone know what it meant if the specific system was noted in the release log.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, asanosho said:

Exactly!
I, too, fondly remember the comprehensive and detailed patch notes we regularly received in the past for the earlier flight simulators. 🙄

Don't we all. They stopped Walter Cronkite reading from his TV news script in 1981 when Flight Simulator expanded to 20 airports. They switched the cameras to Redmond, Washington and Bill Gates

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

5 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Yeah! It's a trick !

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

6 hours ago, Fielder said:

Yeah! It's a trick !

It has to be a very good trick, because as I see it, the sim is as stable as never before. I think they do some good 😊 programming stuff between updates ✈️.

• Like 1

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

10 hours ago, MattNischan said:

No, it isn't.

A crash was most definitely found, and identified, but it was deep in a not-very-interesting engine component which could be reached by a number of avenues. So, there's not really a way of saying "CTDs due to cause x" nor would anyone know what it meant if the specific system was noted in the release log.

Well thanks for explaining that Matt.  In that case, I withdraw my previous comment about lack of detail in the patch notes. 
Sometimes it just takes an explanation like this to help the understanding of the situation, and that is what you have done.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

update 1.30.12.0 broke my setup entirely. I wish they would give us the option not to be guinea pig testers.

Biggest issue is the brand new never before seen by me bandwidth message. Suddenly my 750gps internet connection is "too slow" and I have been booted off the server. Now the sim looks just about as good as MSFSX. Thanks again Microsoft!

12 minutes ago, redvirago said:

update 1.30.12.0 broke my setup entirely. I wish they would give us the option not to be guinea pig testers.

Biggest issue is the brand new never before seen by me bandwidth message. Suddenly my 750gps internet connection is "too slow" and I have been booted off the server. Now the sim looks just about as good as MSFSX. Thanks again Microsoft!

Either a server issues on MSFS side. Had this happen today as well for maybe one minute. Or if consistent then check whether online data is still enabled in your settings as once in a while that may reset to offline after an update

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"