Sign in to follow this  
DAD

MSFS beta update [1.30.12.0] - January 17, 2023

MS Store Update only, no in-game or content manager updates

Release Notes 1.30.12.0

If you are playing on PC, outdated packages in your community folder may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behavior.

If you suffer from stability issues or long loading times, move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017133940-All-versions-How-to-maintain-and-update-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator 135

General Bug Fixes

Several crashes have been fixed across the title

[NavData] Fixed DeleteNavAtAirport that was removing Vor, Ndb and waypoints everytime

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/release-notes-1-30-12-0-january-17-2023/570441

Edited by DAD
  • Like 5

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

10 minutes ago, miguel370 said:

The released notes are a joke

Really? seems to describe what they updated....

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 1x 2tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial 4tb Nvme M2 Drive

15 minutes ago, miguel370 said:

The released notes are a joke

What did you expect? It's not a sim update, if that's what you think.

• Like 1

While it is a little harsh, I understand Miguel's sentiment.

"Several crashes have been fixed across the title"

They never say which ones!  😕  Surely if they have fixed them, they know what they have fixed. 
It wouldn't hurt to tell us rather than wondering if that pesky 'Russian roulette' GPU error with CTD is going to crop up again sometime in the future.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind).

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

One finding though that honestly started yesterday prior to this update: I was offline. Marketplace greyed out, no connection possible. Signing out of XBOX and MSFS on my PC did not help. Again, not related to this update but seemingly something changed my data settings in MSFS as online functionality was set to OFF. So just in case that happend/happens to you: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408142431378-All-versions-How-to-restart-Online-functionality

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

5 hours ago, DAD said:

MS Store Update only,

It's for "all platforms."

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

5 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

It's for "all platforms."

but only propagated in the Beta AAU1 section of their forum

Phil Leaven

4 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

They never say which ones!  😕  Surely if they have fixed them, they know what they have fixed. 
It wouldn't hurt to tell us rather than wondering if that pesky 'Russian roulette' GPU error with CTD is going to crop up again sometime in the future.

Yes as someone who (strangely) loves to read patch notes I would prefer some detailed information, it's very vague at times which is a shame but not uncommon amongst gaming developers.

Pico Neo3 Link VR - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

34 minutes ago, DAD said:

but only propagated in the Beta AAU1 section of their forum

All platforms means Steam, MS Store, and XBoxes. It doesn't mean the update applies to the retail non-beta version of the sim.

The update was for AAU1.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So not much done in this update which leads me to believe that the next one will be the full release. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

Yes as someone who (strangely) loves to read patch notes I would prefer some detailed information, it's very vague at times which is a shame but not uncommon amongst gaming developers.

5 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Exactly!
I, too, fondly remember the comprehensive and detailed patch notes we regularly received in the past for the earlier flight simulators. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Sometimes it isn't practical to list all these fixes. I assume anything major will be listed seperately but there could be hundreds of tiny fixes or fixes that only affect a few users.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, asanosho said:

Exactly!
I, too, fondly remember the comprehensive and detailed patch notes we regularly received in the past for the earlier flight simulators. 🙄

Ah! Sarcasm!  😆  Obviously you don't want any further detail - that's fine. 
Because it is really, really hard to write a few lines about which CTD's are cured isn't it?  

Let's all guess instead, and compare notes about years old flight sims and their patch notes.  That's a good game. 🙄

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

Sometimes it isn't practical to list all these fixes. I assume anything major will be listed seperately but there could be hundreds of tiny fixes or fixes that only affect a few users.

Sure, and I wouldn't expect that actually.  I just think CTD's are a pretty major event - It would be nice to see what they found and fixed.