Sign in to follow this  
guibru

First preview video of Van’s RV-10 by SWS

As I say the marketplace GNS 430 is now the defacto standard version of the GNS 430, I know that doesn't fit with your desire to use the (generally poor) G3X, but the decision to use the G3X and to release now are ultimately choices you as a company made.

• Like 1

Not at all. The Working Title 430/530 are now included with the base simulator, so the Marketplace version is redundant. The only purpose it serves is to allow 3rd party planes that used the Asobo 430 to use the WT one. Just like with the NXi and SU10, this is will only be valid until the next update by which time developers that want to use the WT430 will need to update their aircraft.

That said, @Matchstick I am here at 1:00 on a Saturday night trying to assist you and explain this as best as I can, but it feels like talking to deaf ears. If I am coming across as apologetic, I won't continue down that path as there is nothing to be blamed for. If you think that we are beating around the bush or trying to coax you into buying a faulty product, please send a request via e-mail and I will gladly refund you every SWS product you bought from our shop on Monday.

Of course, should you need any assistance our regular support venues are open.

Edited by A320_SX ALX

23 minutes ago, A320_SX ALX said:

Not at all. The Working Title 430/530 are now included with the base simulator, so the Marketplace version is redundant. The only purpose it serves is to allow 3rd party planes that used the Asobo 430 to use the WT one. Just like with the NXi and SU10, this is will only be valid until the next update by which time developers that want to use the WT430 will need to update their aircraft.

That said, @Matchstick I am here at 1:00 on a Saturday night trying to assist you and explain this as best as I can, but it feels like talking to deaf ears. If I am coming across as apologetic, I won't continue down that path as there is nothing to be blamed for. If you think that we are beating around the bush or trying to coax you into buying a faulty product, please send a request via e-mail and I will gladly refund you every SWS product you bought from our shop on Monday.

Of course, should you need any assistance our regular support venues are open.

SWS has made choices with the RV10 that I personally think are foolish at best.

SWS are of course entitled to make those choices and customers get to choose what to do in light of those choices, but the responsibility for any consequences that arise (whether good or bad) rests with SWS.

• Like 1

I'm totally with Ryan & Matchstick on this one.  This was going to be an instabuy for me, but that G3X is the worst thing in MSFS right now.  I mean all the options we have (including default WT 430/530) and look what we're stuck with in this otherwise lovely plane; The really awful game-like G3X and the default 430 🤢😒

Always a shame when potential is lost, due to watering down for Xbox. I honestly thought SWS were a level above this weak offering.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I also agree that the current combination of G3X and stock Asobo GNS430 is a deal-breaker and I will not be buying it for now. I understand the choice to use the G3X -- it's very common in real-world RV-10 builds. And I can understand the complexity of trying to support TDS and PMS options when PC and Xbox versions are involved. But there are a wealth of airplanes with similar capabilities to the RV-10 in the sim, and many of them have superior avionics: 

• The Carenado V35B Bonanza currently is flyable with the WT GNS530 (with a few bugs in the altitude preselector and the HSI not depicting RNAV glidepath). I suspect this will be patched soon, as Carenado has been patching all of their planes to work with the WT GNS units.
  • The G36 improvement mod features the G1000NXi 
  • The stock Cirrus SR22 also has the G1000NXi
  • Carenado's other high-performance single-engine offerings (Mooney M20R, Cessna 182T) have already been patched to work with the WT GNS, and they also work with both the TDS and PMS GTN 750 units.
  • The Just Flight Arrow and Turbo Arrow work with the GTN 750. 

As Bert mentioned earlier in this thread, the RV-14 from Simworks can be modded to accept the TDS GTN750, and I've also successfully modded my own copy to accept the WTT mode in the PMS50 GTN750. The G3X doesn't perfectly match the flight plan I program in the GTN (although it is actually close), but if I use the G3X as a flight instrument and the GTN as the sole source of navigation, it works just fine. I will be sticking with the RV-14 for now. 

• Like 4

I would urge You to add the PMS 650, since that "Talks" to the Asobo G3X.

I have just confirmed that the PMS 750 works fine and shares it´s flightplan with the G3X, even with the Marketplace GNS430 / 530 installed.

• Like 2

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

Fuel gauges permanently show empty for some, possibly a conflict with another addon. An issue known to the developer so hopefully being addressed soon. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

On 2/5/2023 at 8:32 AM, Marc Collins said:

The G3X doesn't perfectly match the flight plan I program in the GTN (although it is actually close), but if I use the G3X as a flight instrument and the GTN as the sole source of navigation, it works just fine.

What is missing?   I managed to get it to show GTN Waypoint name, distance, and ETE..

Just do not open the FPL page.. 🙂

Bert

The only thing I've noticed is the G3X does not display visual approaches when they are activated on the PMS GTN750. The G3X will show a magenta line going straight to the destination airport, rather than showing the STRAIGHT and FINAL waypoints. But that's pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. As long as I'm using the GTN for flight planning and map, it works just fine. 

On 2/6/2023 at 8:53 AM, St Mawgan said:

Fuel gauges permanently show empty for some, possibly a conflict with another addon. An issue known to the developer so hopefully being addressed soon. 

Talking to myself here but there was a update to the Vision Jet yesterday which fixed the fuel gauge issue for this one. 

Edited by St Mawgan

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

I see they updated this to include TDS GTN 650xi support.  I'll be buying soon.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

6 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I see they updated this to include TDS GTN 650xi support.  I'll be buying soon.

Hopefully you'll be painting soon after 🙂

• Like 1

Does anyone have problem with disk propeller animation which distorts landscape/sky graphics when looking through it. Is there any fix? 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI