Sign in to follow this  
guibru

First preview video of Van’s RV-10 by SWS

Pass for me - beautiful model and textures but...

G3X is not great and the WT GNS doesn't talk to the G3X so they only support the old GNS.

Barf.

• Like 5

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

G3X is not a good choice ... I have RV14, very good aircraft but the limitations in the avionics are important.

They should consider retrofitting the avionics with some more professional package

• Like 2

Just bought it.

Nice little Aircraft, but also just found that the G3X and the AAU1 WT GNS430 doesn´t work very well together. GPS as nav source f.ex. for the AP doesn´t work.

I knew that the G3X wasn´t the greatest Avionics system in MSFS, but had forgotten that it is this bad.

I kind of regret that I bought the RV-10 with these shortcommings.

• Like 2

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

On 1/24/2023 at 8:09 PM, ryanbatc said:

Why put an ancient gps into a brand new RV10?  The GNS from WT is a nice unit but give options especially for people in VR where manipulating the knobs is a major pita.

There is good reasoning behind it. We needed to have NAV radios (requirement) and Xbox compatibility. Options: GNS430 and GTN650 because they are the only ones that can fit in this panel.

GNS430: it has NAV radios and can work on PC & console (default unit exists).

GTN650: There is a default unit from the Cabri G2, but it has less functionality even compared to the G3X and no NAV radios. The payware replacement (TDS) is PC-only.

That leaves us with the 430 as the only viable option, for now. 🙂

Edited by A320_SX ALX

6 minutes ago, A320_SX ALX said:

There is good reasoning behind it. We needed to have NAV radios (requirement) and Xbox compatibility. Options: GNS430 and GTN650 because they are the only ones that can fit in this panel.

Are you able to say if xbox sales results in better profits than PC?  I can kind of understand if SWS sort of has two product lines...  like a lighter "brand" similar to this RV for the xbox crew and then the other stuff like the Kodiak and upcoming PC12 for the rest of us.  If the RV10 get's TDS support I'm in - I love GA and I love the RV series of aircraft.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

At least give us the option to choose GPS unit, f.ex. the TDS (payware) or PMS (free / payware).

Edited by Wothan
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Are you able to say if xbox sales results in better profits than PC?  I can kind of understand if SWS sort of has two product lines...  like a lighter "brand" similar to this RV for the xbox crew and then the other stuff like the Kodiak and upcoming PC12 for the rest of us.  If the RV10 get's TDS support I'm in - I love GA and I love the RV series of aircraft.

I have something in mind for the TDS650 and if the right boxes are checked, it will be in. Splitting PC and Xbox was and still is a nightmare for maintenance and I don't want to do that again.

From a financial perspective, both are great earners. From a technical perspective, if you use good practice with graphics design and programming Xbox is just as capable as the PC. I will refer you to the discussions about Xbox not having enough power for circuit breakers and the Kodiak was the first to do them and did just fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A320_SX ALX said:

GNS430: it has NAV radios and can work on PC & console (default unit exists).

GTN650: There is a default unit from the Cabri G2, but it has less functionality even compared to the G3X and no NAV radios. The payware replacement (TDS) is PC-only.

That leaves us with the 430 as the only viable option, for now. 🙂

Why not the PMS GTN650 ?

I read elsewhere that the WT GNS430 has to be uninstalled for the GNS430 to work in this aircraft, is that true?  If so, are there plans to incorporate the WT 430 in the future?  I don’t want to be uninstalling and reinstalling WT avionics.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

I read elsewhere that the WT GNS430 has to be uninstalled for the GNS430 to work in this aircraft, is that true?  If so, are there plans to incorporate the WT 430 in the future?  I don’t want to be uninstalling and reinstalling WT avionics.

The MARKETPLACE version of the 430 has to be uninstalled, because it overrides Asobo's older 430.

There is also a Core version of the WT430 that was added with AAU1. This one is used on the default planes now, can be used with 3rd party aircraft and can co-exist with the asobo one, unlike the Marketplace WT430.

The WT430 doesn't talk to the G3X because the autopilot & GPS logic were completely rewritten for the former, but the 3X hasn't been updated with it. That one can only be fixed by doing a fully custom G3X or WT updating it -which is up to them.

Regarding the TDS 650, if I can integrate it seamlessly on PC without causing problems on Xbox, it will be in by Friday. As I said it's cooking, I just need to make sure it is digestible.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, A320_SX ALX said:

The MARKETPLACE version of the 430 has to be uninstalled, because it overrides Asobo's older 430.

There is also a Core version of the WT430 that was added with AAU1. This one is used on the default planes now, can be used with 3rd party aircraft and can co-exist with the asobo one, unlike the Marketplace WT430.

The WT430 doesn't talk to the G3X because the autopilot & GPS logic were completely rewritten for the former, but the 3X hasn't been updated with it. That one can only be fixed by doing a fully custom G3X or WT updating it -which is up to them.

Regarding the TDS 650, if I can integrate it seamlessly on PC without causing problems on Xbox, it will be in by Friday. As I said it's cooking, I just need to make sure it is digestible.

Sounds great if You succeed.

Could You do it like Flysimwares Chancellor 414?

With this addon You select wich kind of GPS system (GNS530, PMS 750 or TDS 750)  You want to use by selecting it in the MSFS Aircraft selection screen under Woirld Map.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, A320_SX ALX said:

That really not a good look for a plane released AFTER AAU1 and it's extended beta testing period.

Given a choice between the WT430 which is working in almost every other aircraft or the RV10 I'm going with the WT430.

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Matchstick said:

That really not a good look for a plane released AFTER AAU1 and it's extended beta testing period.

Given a choice between the WT430 which is working in almost every other aircraft or the RV10 I'm going with the WT430.

The problem doesn't lie with the aircraft but rather with the avionics. The solution that I propose allows you to have the WT430 on every aircraft and the Asobo 430 in the RV-10.

Either way, we cannot do something if the WT430 is incompatible with the G3X.

18 minutes ago, A320_SX ALX said:

The problem doesn't lie with the aircraft but rather with the avionics. The solution that I propose allows you to have the WT430 on every aircraft and the Asobo 430 in the RV-10.

Either way, we cannot do something if the WT430 is incompatible with the G3X.

You could chose not to use the G3X and create an analogue version or push the release back till you could come up with a workable solution to make your choice of avionics work with what is now the defacto standard GNS system in MSFS.

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As the RV was built under license, back when we started it we were asked to represent it to the most modern standard. So that was not an option. Also it was MS/WT's decision to leave the G3X behind and at their own timing.

Why don't you give any thought to my suggestion which will allow you to keep the WT430 on any planes that use it while allowing the G3X to work properly? Needless to say that if/when the G3X is updated, so will be the RV-10.

22 hours ago, A320_SX ALX said:

• Like 1