Sign in to follow this  
Sky_Pilot071

Is Frame Generation Good For MSFS?

6 minutes ago, B777ER said:

We’re you using HD or SD textures at iniBuilds LAX? If HD, any lag or stuttering when panning around? Using any head tracking software?

I’ve only tested with SD textures. I did use TrackIR with a Gsync monitor and it was insanely smooth. I’ve never had such a positive experience like this. I am using two 1440p monitors and my VRAM never went above 50%. I’ll maybe try HD textures and see how it goes. 

I also tried JFK IniBuilds and had the same experience. Even with AI it never went below 50 FPS and was smooth as hell. 

I was skeptical about the 4090 coming from a 3080ti but man does it make a massive difference. Definitely worth the $2200 CAD I paid. Now I’ve gotta sell the 3080ti and get some cash back. 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

10 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I’ve only tested with SD textures. I did use TrackIR with a Gsync monitor and it was insanely smooth. I’ve never had such a positive experience like this. I am using two 1440p monitors and my VRAM never went above 50%. I’ll maybe try HD textures and see how it goes. 

I also tried JFK IniBuilds and had the same experience. Even with AI it never went below 50 FPS and was smooth as hell. 

I was skeptical about the 4090 coming from a 3080ti but man does it make a massive difference. Definitely worth the $2200 CAD I paid. Now I’ve gotta sell the 3080ti and get some cash back. 

Lol still on the fence here local maybe going for the 5 series 😉

André

Ultra low frame time variance is what matters most for the perception of ultra smooth animation provided you're a minimum frame rate.  Rapid panning comes into play with lower frame rates, but outside of that one will find a rock solid stutter-free FPS of 35 w/ ultra low FTV superior to an FPS of 50 or 60 w/ poor FTV.  Here's what I mean, just completing a flght in PMDG 738 into FSDT's KORD, all Ultra, 8x/16x, 3440x1440:

This, at 35fps, is far superior to wide open at ~50fps in the capture below:spacer.png

50fps, unlocked, via a Gsync display.  The above capture was over maybe 15 minutes, this one only 3 minutes and it would have been far worse than this run out to 15 minutes.  Looking at this the only aspect that would have been superior is with rapid panning where the difference in frame rate will be apparent, otherwise, is not the ultra smooth animation one gets in the above scenario.  Fortunately, when I'm flying I'm not rapidly panning hardly ever, and even at 35fps panning is quite good.  Put another way, rapid panning which high frame rates absolutely improve upon for obvious reasons is a minor part of the total gate to gate experience.spacer.png

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

8 minutes ago, Noel said:

Ultra low frame time variance is what matters most for the perception of ultra smooth animation provided you're a minimum frame rate.  Rapid panning comes into play with lower frame rates, but outside of that one will find a rock solid stutter-free FPS of 35 w/ ultra low FTV superior to an FPS of 50 or 60 w/ poor FTV.  Here's what I mean, just completing a flght in PMDG 738 into FSDT's KORD, all Ultra, 8x/16x, 3440x1440:

This, at 35fps, is far superior to wide open at ~50fps in the capture below:spacer.png

50fps, unlocked, via a Gsync display.  The above capture was over maybe 15 minutes, this one only 3 minutes and it would have been far worse than this run out to 15 minutes.  Looking at this the only aspect that would have been superior is with rapid panning where the difference in frame rate will be apparent, otherwise, is not the ultra smooth animation one gets in the above scenario.  Fortunately, when I'm flying I'm not rapidly panning hardly ever, and even at 35fps panning is quite good.  Put another way, rapid panning which high frame rates absolutely improve upon for obvious reasons is a minor part of the total gate to gate experience.spacer.png

Yes

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Ah, okay. Expect some stutters with HD. Your GSync is also helping to minimize it as well. I had GSync on but got that flickering issue at night that OLED screens have with GSync. Had to shut it off.

Eric 

13 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Ah, okay. Expect some stutters with HD. Your GSync is also helping to minimize it as well. I had GSync on but got that flickering issue at night that OLED screens have with GSync. Had to shut it off.

Mines not OLED so that might help. Are you using a 4090? I always had to turn Gsync off with my 3080ti. Flickered a lot once my fps went down to 30. 

Ron Hamilton

52 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Mines not OLED so that might help. Are you using a 4090? I always had to turn Gsync off with my 3080ti. Flickered a lot once my fps went down to 30. 

4080. I was just researching and it appears even on OLED, if one uses DX11, you don’t get that flicker. It might be just a DX12 issue. Going to try GSync again on Friday with DX11 and see.

Edited by B777ER

Eric