Sign in to follow this  
hangar

Question about Wind Shifts/Turbulence Effects

Ah! So it is not just me! It certainly makes for challenging landings.

A fix for this cannot come fast enough.  PMDG 737-800 was nearly out of control on final with a 7 kt wind on my last flight.  It is definitely the thermals combined with the turbulence created by terrain and objects on the ground.  I mostly fly in the evening or at night and the effect is not there.  A flight in the mid afternoon on a clear day is just impossible most of the time and very unrealistic.  I would rather be 'on rails' as most aircraft are in fact very stable. I have never had to fight an aircraft like I do in the sim at times when flying real-world even in strong winds. A 737 should not get tossed about like a paper airplane on final approach with a 7 kt wind....

Edited by Flic1
  • Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

41 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

I mostly fly in the evening or at night and the effect is not there.

I mostly fly in the eves and so that's when I see the issue, personally speaking, so it's not a daytime only problem...and this past week around the Long Island, NY area I've encountered winds 15-20kts every night that were unflyable into KFRG with every GA aircraft I tried including the DA-62, Kodiak 100, TBM930, Kingair (analog mod), Cessna 414.

While I can understand a C152 struggling with these winds (depening upon the xwind factor)...the others should certainly have not been as unstable and unsafe as they were. Especially the King and the 414 wich are both rather large, heavy and powerful.

16 hours ago, fppilot said:

It is akin to what they did to icing at one point, and lightening at another.  Please do not ask for aspects of the environment as it will arrive totally overbaked!  Just appears to be no understanding of aviation elements, just programming!

That is exactly right.  They go into these feature requests well-intentioned I think, but then whatever they come up with in terms of effect is just ruined by excessive scale.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)