Sign in to follow this  
hollow1slo

A masterpiece in the making FBW A380

33 minutes ago, Mike44 said:

Yes waiting for the A380 definitely more than any payware...

I already have Steam for MSFS, X-Plane etc. so I would have preferred that. Now I have dead programs with the installer, although I haven't installed anything.

Sadly, I have no idea what you mean by dead programs.

33 minutes ago, Mike44 said:

Hopefully the remote MCDU can be disabled or not installed at all. 

Looking forward to the A380. 🥰

Mike, the Remote MCDU is to allow you to remotely access your MCDU from any other device from within your local network. It cannot be accessed from devices outside of your network.

this is to essentially allow cockpit builders to create panels by simply typing in `SimBridge.local` and having access to panels in the aircraft. 

Just to fully clarify, SimBridge itself, the software that runs remote displays among other things, does not have any access to the internet. It’s an open source program that before even you have access to it, code changes must be approved by other developers, we can’t put nefarious code even if we wanted to (which we don’t, cause what benefit would it have) due to this review process.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Lucky38i said:

Sadly, I have no idea what you mean by dead programs.

Mike, the Remote MCDU is to allow you to remotely access your MCDU from any other device from within your local network. It cannot be accessed from devices outside of your network.

this is to essentially allow cockpit builders to create panels by simply typing in `SimBridge.local` and having access to panels in the aircraft. 

Just to fully clarify, SimBridge itself, the software that runs remote displays among other things, does not have any access to the internet. It’s an open source program that before even you have access to it, code changes must be approved by other developers, we can’t put nefarious code even if we wanted to (which we don’t, cause what benefit would it have) due to this review process.

"C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Programs\fbw-installer\FlyByWire Installer.exe"

Is there even though I canceled the install.

Thanks for the explanations. Only local network is good...
Steam also has its downsides, annoying having to keep it running all the time.

Thanks and regards

1 hour ago, Mike44 said:

"C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Programs\fbw-installer\FlyByWire Installer.exe"

Is there even though I canceled the install.

You might've cancelled the installer, installing A32NX, but there's no reason the installer would then remove itself. That's what you uninstall programs for. Windows doesn't just randomly uninstall programs, that sounds problematic.

• Like 1