Sign in to follow this  
hollow1slo

A masterpiece in the making FBW A380

19 hours ago, Crocket said:

Oh they will :). Aileron waltz you see here is not a simple animation: it uses our core actuator physical simulation and reacts to airflow while responding to prim computer solenoid commands. 
EHA and EBHA actuators are already there and working. EHA accumulators can even be refilled from plane hydraulics if commanded by prim computer. 

We might release some flight controls video too to show this off a bit more 🙂

We’d love to see it! We’re more than happy to get any video previews of this big bird from you talented folks. 

On 2/7/2023 at 9:22 AM, ThomseN_inc said:

True but old things sometimes get replaced by new, more modern and contemporary ones. For a reason too.

I'm pretty certain that saying has or never will be replaced. It is based on tens of thousand of years of solid human wisdom, which doesn't tend to disappear over night because of the invention of the keyboard.

Some new details on the FBW A380X (writeup and various screenshots inside this FSElite article): https://fselite.net/content/new-details-on-a380x-showcased-on-flight-sim-podcast/

• Like 4

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

As always, 3D modeling is the "easy" part when compared to systems. However, if there's a freeware developer out there that can do it, it's definitely the awesome folks over at FBW. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

As always, 3D modeling is the "easy" part when compared to systems. However, if there's a freeware developer out there that can do it, it's definitely the awesome folks over at FBW. 

I think that’s doing a disservice to what Mike and the modelling team have done across thousands of hours of work. They’ve had to invent new texturing techniques to achieve what they want.

All of it, the sounds, modelling, texturing, systems, animations, physics and so on comes to make the aircraft.

• Like 11

Seems to me like FBW is going all out in making this A380 a flagship offering.. I'm confident they're going to give flight modelling, systems, etc the same level of treatment and care they're giving to visuals and textures.

• Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

28 minutes ago, Lucky38i said:

I think that’s doing a disservice to what Mike and the modelling team have done across thousands of hours of work.

Did you miss where I put easy into quotations and then added "when compared to systems"? 

12 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

Did you miss where I put easy into quotations and then added "when compared to systems"? 

I didn’t, it doesn’t really change the inherent meaning.

it’s a common statement that always assume that once devs reach systems modelling they’re in the hard part, everything else is “easy” in comparison.

Edited by Lucky38i
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lwt1971 said:

Seems to me like FBW is going all out in making this A380 a flagship offering.. I'm confident they're going to give flight modelling, systems, etc the same level of treatment and care they're giving to visuals and textures.

If that's the case (and it looks like it is), then the FBW A380 is going to be my long-haul airliner of choice, regardless of what payware airliners arrive.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I like what FBW is doing for the community (donateware I call it) with the A32nx and now the A38x but it is going to take a lot to convince me to stop paying for high fidelity aircraft like PMDG, Fenix or Leonardo of such. System wise they are years away from that level IMO. Its going to be hard to beat a PMDG 777 or 747 for long haurlers in the future but im sure the people who are reluctant to buy PW addons will be all over this.

Edited by jbdbow1970

7 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

If the FBW team are targeting "high fidelity" for their release of the A380, it could take them another 2 or 3 years until they release it.  Imagine waiting 3 more years for the FBW A380 🤣

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

52 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

If the FBW team are targeting "high fidelity" for their release of the A380, it could take them another 2 or 3 years until they release it.  Imagine waiting 3 more years for the FBW A380 🤣

I can do that. Been waiting some 20 odd years for a flight sim such as MSFS 2020 anyway 😛

It was worth the wait !

Cheers,

2Low2Slow

• Like 2

Great video thanks for the share.

We are so spoilt with this game and all these amazing freeware mods. I sometimes go to flightsim dot to and mind is constantly blown by the excellent freeware being churned out.

From the little (mod to hide the menu triangle) to the large (this A380) and everything in between. Big shout out to the creators 🙂

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Mike44 said:

Is that the download link?

https://flybywiresim.com/a32nx/#download

only to make sure I'm not downloading any thrash. Worth a download?

Thanks

That's the bird ! No trash, confirmed. Very much the opposite. 

Install via the Installer you will be downloading -- entirely safe, fantastic UI and darn convenient. And don't miss out all the in-depth documentation on the website !

Cheers,

2Low2Slow