Sign in to follow this  
hollow1slo

A masterpiece in the making FBW A380

It looks superb on the outside and inside. Question is... Will it fly?

Hate me all you want, but the FBW320 is still a far cry from an A320N and now they're embracing an A380 which is a work of art systems-wise (although it's ugly as hell!). Hope they make it justice and best of luck.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

26 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

I am wit you, but I have a bit of a headache how smoothnes it is in MSFS.. I mean with such a big project ( code, texturing ect. ) I don't just imagine it - let's hope for the best..

cheers 😉

Indeed, but so far my experience with the most sophisticated addons like the FBW A320 N, the Fenix A320 and the PMDG 736 is great, even with the Graphics settings set to the highest I have ever used with any flight simulator.

Overall MFS's performance is way above anything else I have used before, specially if taking into consideration the level of detail put into scenery, weather and overall rendering, ...

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

A good point to make is by displaying the talent of all those involved, hopefully helps them with future employment. what better way to display your talent, but create something that is really at the top of the game.

On the other hand i could be totally wrong.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

The A380, as a flightsim project,  failed miserably for years during the FSX and P3D era.  Glad to see it finally coming to life  to an exceptional standard.  If the A20N is anything to go by, this will be amazing..

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

Absolutely agree ! 😆

Although it's brilliant to fly on in real life. Probably the greatest plane in terms of comfort I ever flew on, business and economy. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, MikeH99 said:

Looks good hopefully the systems are somewhat fully modelled. 

Oh they will :). Aileron waltz you see here is not a simple animation: it uses our core actuator physical simulation and reacts to airflow while responding to prim computer solenoid commands. 
EHA and EBHA actuators are already there and working. EHA accumulators can even be refilled from plane hydraulics if commanded by prim computer. 

We might release some flight controls video too to show this off a bit more :)

• Like 9

57 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Although it's brilliant to fly on in real life. Probably the greatest plane in terms of comfort I ever flew on, business and economy. 

Totally agree. Flew SIN -CDG return on Singapore Airlines economy but the seats were massive, the leg room was great, the seats went back so you could sleep and I loved the bins on the side for storing all your gear out of the way and for leaning to look out the window. The aircraft was stable in flight, dead quiet and I didn't feel the touch down to any noticeable degree. It was almost like you weren't flying.   Quite an unreal experience. 

Cheers

Terry    

• Upvote 1

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

This is truly remarkable that they can do this project and to this level of detail.  Speaks volumes to the team behind this and their already established A320N leaving the groundwork for this project.  We had a few attempts of this aircraft in the FSXP3D prime years, but never came close to fruition.   All the more highlights garbage like Captainsim products that charge a good chunk of cash for putting fakes with lipstick and copied systems and yet this project is free and hopefully with much donated fund support. They certainly deserve it.  

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

This is by far setting a new standard for all airliners in MSFS, payware included... The physics-enabled control surfaces are things that I miss even on Fenix for example or the shake of the cargo doors as they are moved upwards by pressurized actuators... If they bring all this work into the A380 I do not think I will be happy with anything else after that. Fingers crossed the performance is acceptable as creating this huge custom code is one thing, making it run as efficiently as possible is another.

Best of luck to the FBW team, I knew there was going to be something special hidden there as they were silently working on the A380 but I never expected such detail and beauty.

Edited by Makinen11
  • Like 2

Looks really good! 

I’ll go out on a limb and say it will break records for the most flown aircraft ever in FS when it is released, not to mention attracting many more new users to MSFS.

• Like 4

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

8 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Yes they are artist and with the sounds. Now all they need is someone (plural)  to do a proper FM, Systems and Navigation for this beast. Thats probably the hardest part and the most complex to do. No one has done it properly for a A380 before and I wish them great luck and success.

To me the systems and nav would be the easiest part because they are an exercise in logic,  like stacking blocks,   while art requires a degree of emotion.

• Like 2

This is so exciting, I have been waiting ages for a proper A380 and now it looks like it could be a reality. Thank you FBW, 

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

19 hours ago, Crocket said:

Oh they will :). Aileron waltz you see here is not a simple animation: it uses our core actuator physical simulation and reacts to airflow while responding to prim computer solenoid commands. 
EHA and EBHA actuators are already there and working. EHA accumulators can even be refilled from plane hydraulics if commanded by prim computer. 

We might release some flight controls video too to show this off a bit more 🙂

We’d love to see it! We’re more than happy to get any video previews of this big bird from you talented folks. 

• Upvote 1