Sign in to follow this  
atco

Settings Reset Today - Beware

Just fired up MSFS only to go straight to the Accessibility Settings menu.
Finished that and it then downloaded all the airports I've removed. Then was faced with t he 5 intro screens to set all my settings. Get to the main menu and find all my controller profiles gone, and get prompted to re-install essential packages.

From there I can't now get past the Insert Game Disk screen.

It appears that yet again server issues have appeared:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/profile-reset-today-2023-february-10/575097

One of the mods has posted:
"Thank you,
We are also seeing many reports on discord as well. We’ve notified the team."

Not sure if it would be wise to start the sim currently. I certainly wish I had not, now it appears I have lost all my settings including hours of work to re-do all my various controller profiles. My sensitivity settings are gone for good, so I'm going to have to attempt to re-do them all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BrammyH said:

Ugh. Is there a way to back up the profiles?

Not that I am aware of, if there is I would love to know about it so I never have to start from scratch again

Same thing happened to me. Did a flight this morning and all was fine then fired it up again this afternoon and got the accessibility screen and am now downloading 20.49GB of data, probably all the things I have deleted! Sigh.

Dan Scott

Zero issues here, everythings fine.

• Like 1

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

Appears to have been resolved, and happily all settings are restored.............

• Like 1

Yes, after the download everything was fine, it did not install what I had uninstalled or changed any of my settings -- just wasted bandwidth. 

Dan Scott

9 hours ago, atco said:

. Get to the main menu and find all my controller profiles gone, and get prompted to re-install essential packages.

Thats why i save always after some time ( at least after i did new settings ) the controller profiles to prevent such things !

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I had this settings reset too so I was glad to read here it wasn’t something I’d done and other users had the same thing.

Ironically though, after all the settings were reset to default  I noticed the simulator looked significantly sharper and I had about a 50% increase in VR FPS…which just goes to show I don’t know what the heck I’m doing with the settings tweaks !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Final update on this. It does appear that you can backup and save settings and profiles locally at least if you use the MS Store version.
Instructions were posted by one of the MSFS forum mods tamalien........
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/profile-reset-today-2023-february-10/575097/192

For future reference (and to all other interested parties asking about a back up of MSFS game profile):

On the windows store PC version it is possible to keep a back up of many of the profile settings including log book, flight hours and controller settings.

The “wgs” folder found in

C:\Users\your USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData\

contains all this information.

I quite regularly keep a copy of this entire “wgs” folder (and all sub directories) elsewhere on my PC so as I can restore my settings if things go awry. (It has saved me a few times from losing all my log book hours when transitioning from beta build back to live build!)

You can read more here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/how-to-backup-and-restore-your-logbook-other-backup-options/516006

Edited by atco
  • Like 2

I know this is a bit like the barn door after the horse, but here's a good place to check MSFS connectivity (whether you're using the Store version, the Steam version, or Xbox):

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

Corsair 5000D Airflow | Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master | i7-11700K @ 4.9GHz | Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 RAM | Crucial P5 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME | WD 14TB external HDD | Gigabyte RTX 3080 Aorus Master | EVGA G3 850 W 80+ Gold PSU | LG 32GP850-B 32.0" 2560x1440 165Hz | Saitek X52 HOTAS | Win10 21H2

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I tried closing and re-launching MS without luck. I then tried restarting my PC (not just turning it off & then back on). After restarting, I re-launched Flt Sim and it came up with a box stating if I wanted to sync the settings from that same day or if I wanted to sync the older settings from the CLOUD from the PREVOIUS day. I selected the cloud settings, and bingo, it restored all my settings and all my assignments for all my Flt Sim hardware. At least this is how it worked for me.

Mario

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jon b said:

I had this settings reset too so I was glad to read here it wasn’t something I’d done and other users had the same thing.

Ironically though, after all the settings were reset to default  I noticed the simulator looked significantly sharper and I had about a 50% increase in VR FPS…which just goes to show I don’t know what the heck I’m doing with the settings tweaks !

I had a reset last week too. No idea what happened but this topic makes sense.

I think it's worth screenshotting the settings so we can remember how they were set! But now it's back running I have to say I also have sharper visuals and FPS generally in the 30-50 range. No idea what I did but it does look better.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU