Sign in to follow this  
btacon

FlightFX Announces Release of HJet Using AAU1 Features

Coming Thursday to a venue near you. Get ‘em while they are hot. Change-log below,

-B

Its Update Time!!

Scheduled across all stores (ORBX, MSFS Marketplace, .to and Contrail) for 2300Z....ish on Thursday 2/16.  Some of you already have a feel for the typical release time from MS.  Please understand there will be fluctuations between certain stores on release.  However, everyone should have it by the end of the day 2/16 thru early morning 2/17 depending on where you are in the world.

NOTES:

This version introduces new functionalities based on the updated G3000 of AAU1 (Aircraft and Avionics update 1 by Working Title/MS), this includes split and independent avionics for both pilot and co-pilot which could come at a performance penalty, however a "Lite" variation is made available for each livery with the same exact functionality as the normal
version, but with mirrored instruments between both pilot and copilot, use the 'Lite' version if you are on a lower end PC or having performance issues with the fully featured version. "Lite" variations can be selected from the main in sim aircraft liveries selection menu and will have "Lite" in the livery name.

**Please understand.  Many of you will need to unlearn some habits learned with the old G3000 mod.  The new version is more true to life.  Please do your best to familiarize yourself with how the new system operates before filing and complaints about things not working. **🙂

Change Log:

-Migrated HJET base avionics to AAU1 , HJET now supports all advanced functionality provided by working title's AAU1 update for the G3000:
-Recoded and revised HJET's functionalities for native integration with new AAU1 standards, this includes rebuilding of the following pages:
    1)    All Systems and their respective synoptics (Status/Environ/Electrical/Fuel/Hydraulics/Ice Prot)
    2)    All system controls pages (Interior Lights/ Exterior Lights /Thermostat)
    3)    System initialization and test pages
    4)    HJET's custom vertical situation display - now also supports half and full screens
    5)    Load manager and Sim Options
    6)    Checklists systems
    7)    Crew Alerting System (CAS)
    😎    PFD Aesthetics are revised to match HJET's real life counterpart

-Copilot PFD is now independent from pilot PFD
-"Lite" variation are added to each livery featuring duplicated displays between pilot and copilot and the Garmin touch screen controllers for a higher performant option.
-Added acceleration monitoring to the auto throttles, will now control maximum acceleration/deceleration while reaching assigned speed targets , and prevent full swings of throttle on speed changes
-Auto throttle will not allow controlled speed to drop below 105 kias or exceed 270 kias
-Auto throttle will now limit acceleration if it can during FLC and VFLC
-Revised and improved ground handling
-Updated key bindings:
    1)    AUTO_THROTTLE_ARM            Toggle HJET auto throttle
    2)    AUTO_THROTTLE_DISCONNECT    Disable HJET auto throttle
    3)    AP_AIRSPEED_ON                Toggle HJET FMS/MAN speed select
    4)    AP_AIRSPEED_HOLD             Toggle HJET FMS/MAN speed select
    5)    AP_BC_HOLD                    Toggle VNAV
    6)    AP_BC_HOLD_ON                Toggle VNAV"
-Interior lights page can now control cabin brightness
-Gross weight value will alert red if max GW is exceeded in load manager
-Revised spread and power of landing and taxi lights
-Exterior lights power adjusted to add halo effect for intense lights

Enjoy!  We know you have all been waiting for this.  The Vision Jet will be close on its heals.  As always, we will be available for all of your ~~complaints, pitchforks, Molotov Cocktails, death threats, and of course~~ compliments.

• Like 5

Been looking forward to this one, fast work from FlightFX.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Holy word not allowed Batman, word not allowed me sideways and then word not allowed me some more. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Hello gents,

Excited to announce that HJET V2.0 free update is now out on the MS market place , ORBX ,contrails and flightsim.to.
This is a pretty exciting update for me as this adds a new layer of confidence and sophistication in the way the HJET navigates the vertical world , Working title have done a banging job with the underlying flight planning/path plotting capabilities, no more will you see sharp 120 degree turns or noodles inspired transitions.. instead you are greeted with very aesthetically pleasing smooth correctly curved turn anticipations, holds, missed approaches .. and most importantly you will know what the HJET is doing at all times, no more turn back bugs, specific sequences of entering flight plans to avoid breaking the fickle planner .. we can now actually delete (SIDS/STARS/APP) points, add user points and "direct-to" without being worried about breaking the LNAV .
You are also able to edit constraints manually with AT/Above/Below , and even speed constraints that the HJET will respect.
your favorite features from the original HJET are now seamlessly and natively integrated : system synoptics pages ,Vertical situation display and checklists can now be displayed on any of the available panes on either PFD/MFD , and features such as lighting pages, system controls, load manager, initialization pages on the GTCs are drawn and operated using native codes , so no more need of having two separate GTCs (garmin touch screens), both GTCs can now do the same exact thing and are level on functionality and most importantly looks.

HJET's custom FADEC and autothrottle system have been heavily refined, the autothrottle is much smarter now about power application and is very mindful of the g-forces imposed on your virtual passengers.

I strongly suggest to have a look at the v2.0 tutorial flight to have a feel of the new capabilities v2.0 brings to the table.

Edited by Marwan Gharib
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 5

Is the Tutorial PDF document used in the video available e.g. via a download link?

• Like 1

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

My autopilot altitude knob biding for honecomb bravo no longer works after update. Other binding are OK

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I noticed problems with External lights which I did a post on here:

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

My autopilot altitude knob biding for honecomb bravo no longer works after update. Other binding are OK

Marwan is aware of this -- was an oversight -- and said it will be fixed.

Al

25 minutes ago, ark said:

Marwan is aware of this -- was an oversight -- and said it will be fixed.

Al

It would be great, because I hate to rotate altitude knob with a mouse! LOL

"I strongly suggest to have a look at the v2.0 tutorial flight to have a feel of the new capabilities v2.0 brings to the table." (from Marwan's post above)

Does this suggested v2.0 tutorial flight video also have a suggested introductory flight available for download - pdf maybe? link? 

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

50 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

It would be great, because I hate to rotate altitude knob with a mouse! LOL

You could always set it to a key, I have heading left/right cursor, altitude up/down..... works brilliantly!... 

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Frankly Hjet is absolute mess now. Other than new functionality vnav is mess, fmc at overspeed on descent constantly, tod is not calculated . Basically Hjet need a lot of fixing and tweaking.

P.S. Yes I watched new video tutorial

11 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Frankly Hjet is absolute mess now. Other than new functionality vnav is mess, fmc at overspeed on descent constantly, tod is not calculated . Basically Hjet need a lot of fixing and tweaking.

P.S. Yes I watched new video tutorial

I'll give it a whir today and report back.  I'm sure MG can fix it up.

Perfection always comes at a price.  :ph34r:

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

2 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

I'll give it a whir today and report back.  I'm sure MG can fix it up.

Perfection always comes at a price.  :ph34r:

sp

Yes so far it's most advanced jet for MSFS it has nearly anything there should be. Meanwhile. I'll be waiting for next update