Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Is No One Flying The HJet / AAU1 Update?

It’s out at Contrail and Orbx I hear.  Sadly no Marketplace yet 🤨

I greased a landing at Catalina today and hope to download the update this AM.  I probably run the Lite version for performance.

Cheers

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

Same here, waiting for the MP.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Marketplace is usually the tail dragger.  I recommend purchasing at TO or Orbx as those are not locked up like the Marketplace version will be.  Example of what that can affect is editing the aircraft.cfg file.  I am a tester and I edited aircraft.cfg to narrow the number of liveries in my base installation to just (6).  That capability also allows, for those that learn how, to incorporate addon liveries into the base/default model, thus eliminating the need to call them from the Community folder.

Your wait has been worth it!  😍

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 3

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

ORBX had it pretty much right at 2300Z as advertised. Just took it out for a quick test.

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Recommend spending some study time in v2.0.  Yes, it adopts the excellent work by WT with AAUI.  Note that the Hjet has its own enhancements to best match the layout and implementation of the G3000 and GTCs  in the Hjet's namesake model.  Up to six screen presentations can be configured, two for each PFD and two  for the MFD. Each PFD and the MFD can also each go full screen.  The possible combinations are significant.  Navigation among and control of those differs based on whether the General Options/Accessibility/Cockpit Interaction System is set to Lock, or to Legacy. Can be a bit bewildering until you practice and master it.  There is a wealth of information at the FlightFX Discord and links to tutorial videos to help you with your mastery.

image.png.d190f461263b3bf36b71026de6e972c5.png

Larger image if clicked...

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 4

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Is the G5000 better than the G3000? Newer with more advanced features and options?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

15 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Is the G5000 better than the G3000? Newer with more advanced features and options?

Believe they are of a simillar vintage.  Content from a Garmin page:

What is the difference between G3000 and G5000?
The biggest difference between the G3000 and G5000 is the former is designed for smaller and lighter Part 23 aircraft, and the latter is designed to meet the more stringent Part 25 regulations which apply to the design of larger aircraft, including the transport aircraft used by the airlines.
Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
ASUS 

I tested the "heavy" and "light" versions of the HJet. I saw a difference of 6 fps. (63 and 69). It doesn't really matter to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

Recommend spending some study time in v2.0.  Yes, it adopts the excellent work by WT with AAUI.  Note that the Hjet has its own enhancements to best match the layout and implementation of the G3000 and GTCs  in the Hjet's namesake model.  Up to six screen presentations can be configured, two for each PFD and two  for the MFD. Each PFD and the MFD can also each go full screen.  The possible combinations are significant.  Navigation among and control of those differs based on whether the General Options/Accessibility/Cockpit Interaction System is set to Lock, or to Legacy. Can be a bit bewildering until you practice and master it.  There is a wealth of information at the FlightFX Discord and links to tutorial videos to help you with your mastery.

image.png.d190f461263b3bf36b71026de6e972c5.png

Larger image if clicked...

How do you split PFD screen? I can't figure it out! 

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

How do you split PFD screen? I can't figure it out! 

PFD Settings (softkey on bottom of PFD) then PFD Mode Full/Split....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

2 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

PFD Settings (softkey on bottom of PFD) then PFD Mode Full/Split....

G

Thanks! I just figured it out!

Anyone has a luck bringing navigraph charts on MFD?