Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Is No One Flying The HJet / AAU1 Update?

1 minute ago, St Mawgan said:

The Freedom Fox install may have been unique as there are lots of options and a mod manager. I don't like the shortcuts Orbx installs usually put within the community folder to refer to files in another folder. Seems unnecessarily messy to me! 

How an aircraft installs may have more to do with the developer than Orbx. Here's what I see in my Community folder for the HJet:
spacer.png

Al

• Like 1

Perfect, thank you.

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

4 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

Thank you, I am hoping to find a standalone installer. It looks like flightsim.to offers it as drag and drop which would also work. I don't want to get it from the marketplace and don't like the system Orbx uses. 

3 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

The only aircraft I bought from Orbx was the Freedom Fox and it scattered links and files all over both of my drives and was a mess. If it just installs this into the community folder as is usual practise then I will get it from them, thanks. 

Two things to keep in mind.  The Marketplace aircraft installations of payware aircraft are locked down models.  So no ability to edit the aircraft.cfg file.  Not certain about Orbx aircraft purchases.  I edit the aircraft.cfg files in my payware aircraft (and default as well now) to trim the selection of liveries down to just those I will actually fly.   Started doing that when I was first befuddled with the obscene number of liveries with the SWS Kodiak.

Not certain about Orbx installation location, but for my TO purchases I have been able to easily move aircraft installations from my Community folder and even from my official/onestore folder to a separate drive where I store my addons and call them into community when needed with Addons Linker. They work fine for me after doing so.

The only addons that stay resident 24/7 in my Community folder are Navigraph data and charts, the Honeycomb AFC_Bridge for my HC Alpha and Beta controls, and REX Accuseason.  For each flight I add in the aircraft model, its liveries, and scenery addons relevant to that flight.  Takes only seconds.  Just part of my pre-flight.  I use Addon Linker to assign "dependencies" to addon sceneries that use separate object libraries so they move into Community automatically when needed by a scenery.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Just bought the HJET yesterday. I have very little experience with the G3000 screens and MFDS. I have watch videos by Les O'reilly and others. Les says there is a blue pane and purple pane. Both MFDs work together and are blue. Am using legacy mode in msfs. How are the mfds separated? Also how do I show the Flight Plan Elevation Profile? Thanks.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

6 minutes ago, reecemj said:

Just bought the HJET yesterday. I have very little experience with the G3000 screens and MFDS. I have watch videos by Les O'reilly and others. Les says there is a blue pane and purple pane. Both MFDs work together and are blue. Am using legacy mode in msfs. How are the mfds separated? Also how do I show the Flight Plan Elevation Profile? Thanks.

The left GST works the blue pane and the right GST the purple.  Took me a bit to figure out also.

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

17 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

The left GST works the blue pane and the right GST the purple.  Took me a bit to figure out also.

sp

Both of my GTS Pane are blue.

Maurice J

24 minutes ago, reecemj said:

Both of my GTS Pane are blue.

Then you need to split the PFDs using the softkeys for PFD settings / layout. 

Also each left button on the GSTs allows switching panes ie left or right arrow.

You can also set fullscreen on the GSTs.  Still learning myself so not a guru yet.

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

3 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Then you need to split the PFDs using the softkeys for PFD settings / layout.

sp

The screens are split like you said. Still blue. No problem selecting the inner and 2 outside screens using the arrow on the bottom left knob of the MFD. When selected the screens are all blue at the top. Am going to do a reinstall and call it a day. Thanks for your help. 

Maurice J

53 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

You can also set fullscreen on the GSTs.  Still learning myself so not a guru yet.

It was because I was using the Lite version. Went to the discord and found out.  Now got figure out how to get these screens I see in the videos. Thanks Sp.

Edited by reecemj
  • Like 1

Maurice J

3 hours ago, reecemj said:

It was because I was using the Lite version. Went to the discord and found out.  Now got figure out how to get these screens I see in the videos. Thanks Sp.

At the discord dive into the hjet-important-informattion channel, read and watch the videos.  The screens have color coded title bars and the left cursor/knobs of the two GTCs are used for selecting the active panes and settings and where appropriate zoom levels within those.  Very easy once informed.

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

4 hours ago, reecemj said:

Went to the discord and found out. 

This is why the Discord support channel for the HJet is your best option. 

• Like 1

So I did a couple of practice runs with the post-AAU1 HJet.

Overall, I was very pleased with how the plane behaves. I flew with the "full version" and didn't see any significant performance degradation, getting my usual 26ish fps during cruise. Also, shows how I've set up my screens.

g8Kb4Le.jpg

2F90BH2.jpg

• Like 1

I have flown the Hjet for some time previous to the upgrade since it first came out, what a fabulous aircraft.

I got the upgrade from the MS Store. I spent hours trying to get the throttle to work with my X56 throttle, no luck. The x56 Hotas and throttle combo work perfect in everything else, but not the HJet. 

Any ideas or suggestions??

Thanks in advance,

Edited by colklink14
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, colklink14 said:

I have flown the Hjet for some time previous to the upgrade since it first came out, what a fabulous aircraft.

I got the upgrade from the MS Store. I spent hours trying to get the throttle to work with my X56 throttle, no luck. The x56 Hotas and throttle combo work perfect in everything else, but not the HJet. 

Any ideas or suggestions??

Thanks in advance,

You must be referring to the throttle cuttoff.  You need to do this with a mouse or trackball by clicking on the hotspot below the throttle grip. It will then move into the idle position.  Then you can start the engine left or right.

You can then move them with your quadrant.

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071