Sign in to follow this  
superspud

flightsim.to premium

1 minute ago, bobcat999 said:

Yes, I know it is a nightmare with software, as it seems we never fully own anything :laugh:.
Therefore, a lot of our confidence is based around reputation and trust.  Obviously, for some people, this is taking a bit of a hit at the moment.

That's it.  We shall own nothing and be unhappy 😄 . But it also shows this little crisis is potentially fixable if wise choices are made. Humans are fallible but we can often put right our missteps.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JabbleWok said:

That's it.  We shall own nothing and be unhappy 😄 . But it also shows this little crisis is potentially fixable if wise choices are made. Humans are fallible but we can often put right our missteps.

Exactly, its fairly simple for FS.TO. 

"Ok, we copypastaed a ToS widely used , we know realise we probably need a tailor made one, what are your biggest concerns about it? Lets work together and strike a deal we'r both happy with". 

I believe they have done that to a certain extent. They could do a better job at communicating for sure, throwing the the "fake news" argument is never a good look. 

I hold no particular grudge over them.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bobcat999 said:

if the product was updated on their site, say, due to a change in a sim update in MSFS, darshonaut would not be able to get access to that update for a product he has purchased legally. 

A good point but we don't know why Darshonaut was banned and we don't have any evidence that anybody else suffered the same ban . Hence "the blowing up " 😉

I  am admirative how they set up their business in a crowded field understanding the hunger for a better UI. I don't buy anything from them not because of their downloading policy which is not unusual, but because I am  careful to whom I  give my CC number and I still need to be convinced about their vendor reliability, Bright Market, LLC dba FastSpring. The UK government Company Information Service is a good entry to check a company.

39 minutes ago, pmb said:

don't have any backup files of recent purchases not only from Simmarket, but ORBX Central, Contrail, and others, too.

That is why I keep my business with these known vendors nowadays. 

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

23 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Yes, I know it is a nightmare with software, as it seems we never fully own anything :laugh:.
Therefore, a lot of our confidence is based around reputation and trust.  Obviously, for some people, this is taking a bit of a hit at the moment.

It all begun when we accepted long ago that we buy not a product  but a license to use the product which IMO outrageous but you don't go against the whole legal establishment of the Western world 😁

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

9 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

That is why I keep my business with these known vendors nowadays.

It was notable that when the old FlightSimStore went under, Orbx honoured all purchases of their products.  Of course, to do otherwise would have alienated all their customers!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, darshonaut said:

Ah well, I should not have bought something from a website in Tonga.
I'll stick to EU based websites from now on as I usually do. At least we have customer protection laws here.

I guess the .to top level domain is simply used by them to have a catchy url.

The website is EU based to my knowledge. At least as a payware vendor there, I got signed a contract with them which had this remark:

"Please review and sign the document. Please take note that the document consists of a German and English version, while both versions are exactly identical. However, as the Site operator is based in Germany, we need to send you both copies."

Place of jurisdiction is Germany and German law applies.

The contract has a German Umsatzsteueridentifkations-Nr and Steuernummer:. and the "retailer" is a person with a full German adress in 55270 Klein-Winternheim. I wont post the name though.

11 minutes ago, mrueedi said:

The contract has a German Umsatzsteueridentifkations-Nr and Steuernummer:. and the "retailer" is a person with a full German adress in 55270 Klein-Winternheim. I wont post the name though.

Their ToS specifies that FS.to  is not the seller and specifically refer to two vendors, a British one, Bright Market, LLC dba FastSpring, and a Dutch one, Fastspring BV  which are, if I understand it well, both subsidiary of a small commerce plateform and SaaS company based in Santa Barbara CA. A German vendor may be linked to a specific addon.

As for the Tonga web site registration, I am not sure that was the smartest way to build confidence 😄.

• Like 1

Dominique

25 minutes ago, mrueedi said:

...and the "retailer" is a person with a full German address in 55270 Klein-Winternheim. I wont post the name though.

I knew it!  It's Jörg Neumann isn't it?  :laugh:

• Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I believe the Tonga address was a bit of fun as when FS went live, it was believed Tonga would be the first place available for downloading the product.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Their ToS specifies that FS.to  is not the seller and specifically refer to two vendors, a British one, Bright Market, LLC dba FastSpring, and a Dutch one, Fastspring BV  which are, if I understand it well, both subsidiary of a small commerce plateform and SaaS company based in Santa Barbara CA. A German vendor may be linked to a specific addon.

This German guy (who is not Jörg!) is the one I have a contract with to sell my addon as payware on flightsim.to. Also the money they are paying me comes from the exact same payer (address). Could it be, that these other LLCs provide just the ads on flightsim.to?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mrueedi said:

This German guy (who is not Jörg!) is the one I have a contract with to sell my addon as payware on flightsim.to. Also the money they are paying me comes from the exact same payer (address). Could it be, that these other LLCs provide just the ads on flightsim.to?

The only info I have are from the ToS which characterize the Brit company as " a reseller of our services and authorized vendor" and cursory research I've done on it and the US mother company. My point was not to raise suspicions btw just that checking the downloading policy is one thing but I tend to look first to who will process my payment.  

Dominique

1 hour ago, carlanthony24 said:

Really not a good look for them. Reading the comments on the re uploaded ATR

Wow!  The ATR community project was deleted by the author, and flightsim.to have put it back up listing themselves as the author!  :ohmy:

https://flightsim.to/file/12249/atr-72-600-community-version

I don't have enough information to decide what to think about that...  At the moment.  :unsure:

• Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.