Sign in to follow this  
colklink14

DRZEWIECKI DESIGN Chicago Update 1.3

A new version v1.3 of Chicago Landmarks MSFS by Drzewiecki Design is now available. To download the new version simply log in to your account at the store where you have purchased this product. The update is published as a complete installer.

Please note - you do not have to remove the previous version in order to install the update.

Changes in the new version:
- All LOD models made from scratch for performance boost
- Completely new night textures for all buildings
- Many vector-data-related fixes (like mesh)
- All helipads are now active and have a start location
- New model of Metro rails/stations and new train animation
- KCGX Meigs compatibility (probably you still need set priorities in the Options/General/Experimental/Package Reorder Tool due to MSFS bug)

For questions and support please contact:

SITE: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/
FORUM: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Was hoping this for was going to be for KMDW. Love the airport but it's still on v1.0.

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

Can anyone report if this is a performance boost?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I'm happy to see this announcement. Drzewiecki Design always produced superb scenery -- probably the best available anyway. But DD Chicago was very glitchy and stuttery. I'm glad this problem has been addressed. DD Washington DC Landmarks was always one of my very favorite add-ons, but it never suffered the performance issues of DD Chicago. It's good to see the developers are listening.

• Like 2

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Looks really nice!  I had uninstalled the prior version long ago as it was was just too much with FSDT KORD installed.  I took the drone around it and the night textures are much better now...will have to do a flight to test FPS....

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Are these DD cities (Chicago, Washington,etc ) still needed after the two years of world updates from Asobo?

4 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

Are these DD cities (Chicago, Washington,etc ) still needed after the two years of world updates from Asobo?

Photogrammetry is what it is, and that is mostly melted from airliner altitudes. Custom landmarks have a much higher LOD (=can be seen from much further away) and higher textrue resolution, also usually they have really good night lighting. Needed it is not, mind you, but seeing the Chicago skyline on approach at night from far away is just more beautiful. Washington is mostly the monuments and therefore more for VFR flying, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I just looked and there's no update available for DD Chicago Landmarks on the in-sim store where I bought it. It's still listed as version 1.2. Any word about when it might be available on the in-sim store?

• Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

31 minutes ago, David Mills said:

I just looked and there's no update available for DD Chicago Landmarks on the in-sim store where I bought it. It's still listed as version 1.2. Any word about when it might be available on the in-sim store?

In-sim store a la marketplace? Probably in a couple of weeks...

• Like 1

BTW,

For those experiencing low FPS, you must use the Package reorder tool (settings/experimental features) and put KCGX (Meigs) at the bottom of the list (that means it is loaded last). Remember KCGX came with the 40th Anniversary update. 

For those who have the freeware or PRO version of KCGX, you can install that but add a z as the first letter of the file name, that will have it install last. Some people uninstall  duplicate MS/Asobo airports, however in this case, every time you boot into the sim, it will do a update and reinstall KCGX.

Hope this helps those who are interested,

• Like 1

I reported it multiple times before that the landmarks are tanking the performance around the entire area and they promised to look into it and address it after Newark released. They did what they said they would, fair play Stan!

How are the colors now at night? They were over saturated and too vibrant. 

Edited by Drumcode
  • Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

On 2/25/2023 at 3:21 AM, Fiorentoni said:

Washington is mostly the monuments and therefore more for VFR flying, I guess.

The “river visual” approach to DCA takes you at very low level right past most of those monuments, so it’s actually perfect for airliner flying into DCA.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Drumcode said:

I reported it multiple times before that the landmarks are tanking the performance around the entire area and they promised to look into it and address it after Newark released. They did what they said they would, fair play Stan!

How are the colors now at night? They were over saturated and too vibrant. 

I  can confirm the performance is much, much better.  The buildings look great, and I am not seeing any over-saturation on the night lighting. 

I am very happy with it now and will leave it installed.

Well done to Drzewiecki, however you say it! :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.