Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

I wonder how many are using the HUD with the PMDG

I used this years ago with the Q400 ( I think), and started using it now in the 737. Really makes landings great.  

qQYsces.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

Does anybody have a good guide how to use it?  I know there is a little panel inside the airplane.  But I never looked into configuring it properly. 

• Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 minute ago, micstatic said:

Does anybody have a good guide how to use it?  I know there is a little panel inside the airplane.  But I never looked into configuring it properly. 

You might find this helpful.

• Like 4

NAX669.png

I used that video, and it explained really well how to use it. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, Alaska738 said:

I never fly without. It's handy when you have to land in poor visibility.

The only time I found it difficult is  if there was alot of turbulence on final approach. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

Don't know why, even after watching the video's on it I really can't get on with it.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I have never used the HUD in the eight years that I have owned the original 737NGX in P3D. I may check it out at some point.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

20 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

really can't get on with it.

I know what you mean, I use them in real life and many people love them but I’m not a fan myself.

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

52 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I can send you one if you like. I have a QANTAS one somewhere

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

I tend to use it when flying airlines that use it. At the moment I have ben been doing some Southwest routes and been using it every flight. When you understand it it really makes things easier. It makes nailing landings far easier. I really enjoy it and think it's quite an acheivement for a flight sim aircraft. It's beautifully done.

Edited by Jazz

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

2 minutes ago, Jazz said:

I can send you one if you like. I have a QANTAS one somewhere

yes please

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Just now, micstatic said:

yes please

I have the Rockwell Collins manual as well I think. Let me have a look on my laptop for you.

I must be one of the few that never use it. I like being able to gauge my approach visually and have a cockpit scan going. Feels more involved. The sim is automated enough as is and gives very little feeling of actually flying a machine. 

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot