Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

Wonderful experience.

Feel free to give my tweak a try aswell. I am currently working on an update which will realistically simulate the blue hour along with improvements in self shadows, environment cube maps, global illumination and photometric lighting. 

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/85441-xenhancer/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

17 hours ago, mSparks said:

just as a side note on this, I still rate Ace Combat 7 as simply the best "sim/game" clouds I have ever seen, always perfect, always impressive. BUT, the reason for that is all the clouds were fully designed by artists, while it always looks great, they also always look exactly the same every time you do a mission.

I'm just a casual observer in this thread but I just wanted to say I agree about Ace Combat 7 ... whatever wizardry they do is very convincing.

Unfortunately, as you mention, that's not the same thing as a flight simulator that has to try to nail this whole lighting thing 24 hours a day in all sorts of weather.

I'm sure XP12 will get it sorted out.

• Like 1

Well we have been to the far corners of the XP Universe on this thread, Back to the original starting point by Ianrivaldosmith - It may not be perfect but it sure is word not allowed good, it may be evolving and just gets more and more accurate and little things to be fixed? sure but nothing yet has convinced me in any way to revert back to my other sims at all - nothing not even the absence of a few old favourite aeroplanes (They will come). The other thing is that almost daily something new or better or some amazing work arrives that makes the sim even better for me as a humble user (My tinkering days are over). I get great performance, superb visuals and every flight is a new experience be it the weather the location or the aeroplane. 

For example today a reworked Tiger Moth based on Ants and AWX's (which are not going to be upgraded to XP12 why bother now) arrived, One of the best renditions of a Biplane I have had the pleasure of experiencing, great modelling, superb graphics and well most of all it sounds and flies just like the real thing - what more could you want! Even the owner in RL of a Tiger said it was spot on for him in the sim - so there you go. Enjoy it I do! 

• Like 3

On 3/7/2023 at 8:26 PM, Murmur said:

Only the blue hour one, I love the blue hour and it's also the most common I see in RL, so it's the most realistic for me.

Murmur, can you check if you are seeing weird stars with the Blue Hour script? 

More or less the same 

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/85518-bettervisualsxp12/

Edited by Humpty

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I removed the off-topic X-Plane vs Simzilla bilge and--shock--there was an actual X-Plane thread in there!

For those that haven't noticed, we now have a membership category that excludes access to the X-Plane forums (and a similar one that excludes access to the MSFS forums).  Those who troll the platform-specific forums by repeatedly proselitizing for another platform are at imminent risk of being declared persona non grata in their favored trolling grounds.

The fact that X-Plane users can't have a discussion in the X-Plane forums without the usual suspects coming in and stumping for The Other Sim (tm) is unacceptable.

And for the record, that also applies to a couple of folks here that like to go over to the MSFS side and troll there.

Enough already.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 5

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

thank you Bob.

I've been an XP only flyer since 2016 when I saw Austin and some others doing a presentation of XP11 during a launch event. Never looked back. Doesn't mean I don't see the merits in other sims, I just don't need them. XP isn't perfect, get over it. Life isn't perfect.

Every piece of software out there has minimum hardware specs required to use it. If you don't meet those specs, don't expect it to work, and be happy if it works at all even if it's in a far from optimal way. You were warned after all.

And that includes large corporate software. I still remember the $100k+ database server the company I worked for going down because it ran out of diskspace. Same thing happened again with another database server at another customer, this one worth millions of dollars, several years later. 
Both cases the initial response was anger that the expensive system had failed, later turning into embarrassment when people realised it was their own bloody fault for not watching the disks and ensuring they had enough space to keep going.

sigfile_dva.png

All my life I played the MS sims.  A few days ago I saw Mentour Pilot doing a crash presentation on a 727.  I was like, 727!?! WHAR?  And now I'm on Xplane.

BTW the jflysim 727 didn't work on XP12 so I got XP11 too. Which worked out, because both have different planes but the sims aren't very different.

The Toliss A319 is as gigggity as the PSS A319 was 23 years ago.

The main things:  the flying of course.  The dumb ATC vectored me to land on RW28 in TNCM so I had to intervene for my aircraft's safety. The way I held the nose up while putting down flaps and losing speed felt so natural. I did this to swoop in from over the mountain in front of 28.

Proper PAUSE!  Let's all PAUSE for a moment to reflect this ....

• Like 1

On 3/7/2023 at 3:33 PM, Murmur said:

Xxy8bAx.png

Wow, I really like this sunset script. 🧐
XP12's sunsets were a bit too "Martian" (even the MSFS ones I noticed are).
The sunset I see in the picture is particularly natural.
Congratulations to the author who created the addon. 👍

• Upvote 1

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]