Sign in to follow this  
guibru

Active Sky faced difficulties in bringing the meteorological

2 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Well it won't be so you are going to have to struggle on without it somehow.

Just an opinion.  

2 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Welcome to the twenty first century!

Well, I tried it without streaming scenery, and to be perfectly honest, the default autogen is pretty bad.  No wonder everyone is streaming photogrammetry/ortho or whatever it's called.

2 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

I remember you mentioning that you never felt the need for an external weather solution on X-Plane. Being an active user of both sims, I can confirm that the weather conditions on MSFS are, generally, more precise than XP12's when compared to current METAR conditions.

I haven't dived that far into it yet.  There are specific locations I want to try.

2 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

I also rarely, if ever, experience weird artefacts when it comes to cloud generation on MSFS.

The only artefacts I've seen in XP are the issues between dusk and night.  Other than that, all is smoother than cream cheese.

3 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Therefore, it would be great if you could confirm why you feel the need to have AS on MSFS, but not on XP.

I simply haven't needed AS on XP.  I haven't "flown for fun" in XP in 14 years.  Maybe a few circuits here and there, but certainly nothing longer than 20-30 minutes.  

I'm certainly not objecting to it being made available on XP.  In fact, I'm all for it.  But that's the point.  Let the people choose if they want it or not.  

13 minutes ago, GoranM said:

The only artefacts I've seen in XP are the issues between dusk and night.  Other than that, all is smoother than cream cheese.

Well, I still see weird cloud formations and pyramids pretty much on every flight on XP12. On MSFS, almost all weather issues that I had (like extremely common lightnings) have been addressed. I understand that XP12 is much newer, so I am happy to wait for these issues to be tackled.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48" + 2x 15.6" Touch-screen Panels

Thrustmaster Boeing TCA Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

4 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Well, I still see weird cloud formations and pyramids pretty much on every flight on XP12.

To be completely honest, I haven't paid attention to it that much.  The vast majority of my time is spent in Blender and Substance Painter.  I have no reason to doubt you, but I, personally, haven't seen what you're seeing.  Likely because I spend so little time in XP to come across it.

Edited by GoranM

Just now, Doering said:

@GoranM Congrats on the install! Any intentions to develop for the other side in the future?

I’ve always said “never say never”.  This was purely just an exploratory install. Dig around. See what’s in there. Pull things apart. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoranM said:

I’ve always said “never say never”.  This was purely just an exploratory install. Dig around. See what’s in there. Pull things apart. 

What?? You've ALWAYS said never.😂 So what's it to be? A Saab 340 would sell like hot cakes!

1 minute ago, jarmstro said:

What?? You've ALWAYS said never.😂 So what's it to be? A Saab 340 would sell like hot cakes!

Oh I know. I have a few friends who make add ons for MSFS. They’ve been on my case for over a year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GCBraun said:

more precise than XP12's when compared to current METAR conditions.

Weather is spot on to the metar with ActiveSky now.

CPU Ryzen 7800X 3D  RAM 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 6000MHz
GPU 24GB ASUS TUF GEFORCE RTX 4090 OC EDITION OG Monitor MSI MPG 321URX QD-OLED 32 inch HDR1000 
Internal Storage 1TB SOLIDIGM P44 PRO GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD  External Storage Three 4Tb Hard Disks 

34 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Weather is spot on to the metar with ActiveSky now.

I am talking about default weather here.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48" + 2x 15.6" Touch-screen Panels

Thrustmaster Boeing TCA Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

So one sim needs AS to be accurate to the METAR report but.........MSFS needs AS more than X-Plane? how does that compute......

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Just now, Krakin said:

So one sim needs AS to be accurate to the METAR report but.........MSFS needs AS more than X-Plane? how does that compute......

MSFS released two and a half years ago, XP12 released three months ago - not that hard to compute.  I guess you forgot the innacuracies in MSFS weather over that time?

CPU Ryzen 7800X 3D  RAM 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 6000MHz
GPU 24GB ASUS TUF GEFORCE RTX 4090 OC EDITION OG Monitor MSI MPG 321URX QD-OLED 32 inch HDR1000 
Internal Storage 1TB SOLIDIGM P44 PRO GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD  External Storage Three 4Tb Hard Disks 

Just now, MrBitstFlyer said:

MSFS released two and a half years ago, XP12 released three months ago - not that hard to compute.  I guess you forgot the innacuracies in MSFS weather over that time?

It seems your reply was a knee-jerk reaction to what I posted. Read it again carefully and keep in mind that Goran is the one who suggested that MSFS needs it more.

• Like 5

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Christ. Are we really going to argue about this now?  I’m out. 

• Upvote 2

I look forward to the day that hifi are able to bring us the weather that msfs deserves. I've got to believe if hifi already had a product in the Sim we would have weather radar in the fenix and pmdg. Just did a long haul in p3d v5 for the first time in a while and forgot how valuable a working weather radar can be. 😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Evan Hardin