Sign in to follow this  
gazpatt

Pilot's B-314 Clipper released

Watching this train wreck continue a couple of phrases come to mind as apt.

Beating A Dead Horse and Putting Lipstick On A Pig.

Moderators.  May I suggest an end to this national nightmare.

(There’s some real hyperbole for ya Jerome!)

With all due respect,

-B

40 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

In fairness, I did try quite a few times (more than the so-called "reviewers" on YouTube put into pretending to operate the entire aircraft) to make these procedures work, and I was stymied.  In the first place, the flap indicator does not have any markings on it; and in the second, counting the number of flap positions from full up to full down doesn't yield the same number of flap positions as the manual says there are (in fact it seems about half of them are missing).  These two things make it difficult to know how much flap you have extended, and what the next selection will yeild, so I'm not sure the secret to a successful takeoff is just to use flaps correctly.

Also, the manual references a prompt rotation at 70kts.  Even in a light airplane, this seems much too slow to get the current sim version flying, no matter the flap setting.  All that happens is the tail bangs against the water like it's a hard stop and the plane flops back onto step.  It seems to mostly fly itself off the water at about 100-110kts; almost any pilot attempts to rotate seem counterproductive.

I'm a big fan of expecting folks to read the manual 😉. In this case though, it seems there's a bit of disconnect between the manual and the way the product currently works.

I do love this airplane and its history, and I have a large amount of respect for the historical dive that the dev has done into the P3d version.  I'm really excited about the prospect of a study-level (or full-fidelity, or having great systems depth, or whatever your chosen buzzword) B-314 in MSFS.  I'll be following the project with great interest!

Andrew, the flap indicator also did not have any markings on it in real life. All flap positions have now been added to tomorrow's update, these are:

0°, 1°, 2°, 3°, 10°, 20°, 30°, 40°, 50°, 60°

We have also adjusted some of the contact point settings to allow the B-314 to sit better in the water, as well as improve general behaviour while in the water.

Some of the interior textures have also been adjusted, If possible, I'll post some screenshots before I head to bed. We are also discussing creating different cockpit carpet colouring as an option, for those that find the current green not so very appealing.

Jerome

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, btacon said:

With all due respect,

-B

Not sure how productive that will be as similar conversations about this aircraft is happening over on the official forums.😏

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, btacon said:

With all due respect,

-B

Your wish is my command! I am one of the moderators here, and since you have contributed absolutely nothing valuable to this thread, and have jumped on the bandwagon of making derogatory and snide comments, I will from now on, as per your request, to put you out of your own misery, or "national nightmare" as you call it, delete any of your posts that do not offer a valuable contribution to this thread.

To all others, please stay on point! If you have something constructive and valuable to contribute, we greatly embrace your comments and feedback! To all those seeking a personal, momentary high by attempting to derail this release thread via false or misleading info, as well as derogatory and snide comments, please stay away, you are not welcome here.

Jerome

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PILOT'S said:

Andrew, the flap indicator also did not have any markings on it in real life. All flap positions have now been added to tomorrow's update, these are:

0°, 1°, 2°, 3°, 10°, 20°, 30°, 40°, 50°, 60°

We have also adjusted some of the contact point settings to allow the B-314 to sit better in the water, as well as improve general behaviour while in the water.

Some of the interior textures have also been adjusted, If possible, I'll post some screenshots before I head to bed. We are also discussing creating different cockpit carpet colouring as an option, for those that find the current green not so very appealing.

Jerome

Now THIS is the sort of verbiage I find engaging and can appreciate. Ta Jerome

In re. contact points- a ponderous ploughing morphing into an airborne behemoth streaming water is something I’d salivate over!

Looking forward to her evolving into something truly unique and special. Pilot’s have a good track record  with the Clipper in P3D. This time, hopefully the maturity will emote sooner, and with more communication betwixt customer and team.

Awaiting progress with a Sextant in hand 🙂

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 3

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Well, this topic has taken more than one twist and turn!

I have not purchased this model (still under consideration) as I do have a weak spot for this type of aircraft (created 2 videos on the Spruce Goose).

To stay on topic, I would ask the developer if there is a reason for not creating the exterior hull to have a more similar appearance to the RL photos shown by Glenn Fitzpatrick on page 2 of this thread (as opposed to a shiny hull)?

Edited by Doering

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

3 minutes ago, Doering said:

Well, this topic has taken more than one twist and turn!

I have not purchased this model (still under consideration) as I do have a weak spot for this type of aircraft (created 2 videos on the Spruce Goose).

To stay on topic, I would ask the developer if there is a reason for not creating the exterior hull to have a more similar appearance to the RL photos shown by Glenn Fitzpatrick on page 2 of this thread (as opposed to a shiny hull).

Lawrence, we have been discussing this internally this week, and are already working towards making improvements in this area. I am currently unable to give you an exact timeline on this, please rest assured that we have heard feedback loud and clear, there will definitely be changes and improvements to address this.

Jerome

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PILOT'S said:

Your wish is my command! I am one of the moderators here, and since you have contributed absolutely nothing valuable to this thread, and have jumped on the bandwagon of making derogatory and snide comments, I will from now on, as per your request, to put you out of your own misery, or "national nightmare" as you call it, delete any of your posts that do not offer a valuable contribution to this thread.

To all others, please stay on point! If you have something constructive and valuable to contribute, we greatly embrace your comments and feedback! To all those seeking a personal, momentary high by attempting to derail this release thread via false or misleading info, as well as derogatory and snide comments, please stay away, you are not welcome here.

Jerome

Whoa, this is way out of line.

A commercial member using their moderator powers in the general MSFS forum to delete negative comments about their products?? And insisting, with their mod hat on, that we “stay on point” and not “derail the release thread” by making comments you don’t like?

I’ve been around here for over 15 years, but this is one of the most dubious things I have ever seen on this forum.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 4

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Whoa, this is way out of line.

A commercial member using their moderator powers in the general MSFS forum to delete negative comments about their products?? And insisting, with their mod hat on, that we “stay on point” and not “derail the release thread” by making comments you don’t like?

I’ve been around here for over 15 years, but this is one of the most dubious things I have ever seen on this forum.

Oz, how is this out of line, please elaborate? Please read what I wrote again, this has absolutely nothing to do with negative comments or constructive criticism, and everything to do with derogatory and snide comments. It is absolutely unacceptable for certain AVSIM members to jump in here with an attempt to derail this thread and turn it into a circus, enough is enough! 

If someone has something valuable to contribute so be it, but to pop in here and post half-witted stuff like this...

With all due respect,

-B

...doesn't help anyone and is just unacceptable. Please use some common sense, show some respect, such text goes beyond any common decency and is designed purely to fuel attempts to derail this thread and have it shut down. I won't stand for it and neither should you.

Jerome

Please use some common sense, show some respect, such text goes beyond any common decency

Good advice. Perhaps follow it yourself.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

ITB has commented on the attack on him by the Developer on his YouTube channel directly under the video. I can't seem to copy and paste it but it might be of interest to some. It clears up a few of the more erroneous accusations. Specifically, his preparation, the water rudder and take off flaps setting.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, PILOT'S said:

You may want to consider reading the sticky post in the forum:

Especially the following part:

"Calls to summon the Truth Police (tm) to arbitrate the accuracy, validity, motive, intent, correctness, tone, timeliness, appropriateness, candor or lack of candor, currency, originality, thoughtfulness, consistency, politeness, logical congruence, grammar, or real/perceived/intrinsic/entertainment value of someone else's contribution to a discussion will fall on deaf ears. Opinions, no matter how absurd, are allowed, so long as they do not violate our terms of service."

So as long as his posts were not a direct violation of avsim.com's terms of service, I wonder how you justify deleting them.

Or that sticky thread does not apply to you as a commercial member because of - ?

This, by the way, creates the question why commercial members have moderation rights in a product-neutral forum.

If this thread here was in an official Pilot's forum, okay, but this is not your own forum and not even your own subforum.

This whole thread is a good example on how not to do crisis communication. Several of your posts create the expression that your personal feelings are hurt by the criticism on the product and that you want to defend not just your product, but your feelings, by sort of fighting back. You perceive some user's posts as aggressive and reply in a similar style. This is understandable, since we are all humans, but as PR person for your company, you are the communication professional in this interaction, in contrast to most of the users in the forum. So try to stand above the initial urge of fighting back or deleting unwanted posts. Otherwise you'll alienate potential new buyers of your product - and not even because of the product itself.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

4 hours ago, jarmstro said:

ITB has commented on the attack on him by the Developer on his YouTube channel directly under the video. I can't seem to copy and paste it but it might be of interest to some. It clears up a few of the more erroneous accusations. Specifically, his preparation, the water rudder and take off flaps setting.

What attack where, by whom, what are you referring to?

Jerome

25 minutes ago, PILOT'S said:

What attack where, by whom, what are you referring to?

Jerome

Are you being serious? Ask ITB if so and read his statement which I can only conclude is in answer to posts in this thread.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Are you being serious? Ask ITB if so and read his statement which I can only conclude is in answer to posts in this thread.

Yes, I am absolutely serious! This apparent attack seems to be a figment of your imagination. In fact, if you read what was written on YT by ITB, he clearly states:

PILOT’s unfortunately seems to have taken this review as an attack on the product.

ITB makes absolutely no mention of feeling that there was any apparent attack on ITB by anyone, and at no point in time did we, PILOT'S, see the video as any attack, nor have I ever suggested such a thing or made any such statements anywhere!

Since you seem to be one of the individuals here who like to loosely throw around the word "attack", it is clearly something you have dreamed up. I have no idea what motivates you to misconstrue things and make a comment here that spreads misinformation by suggesting "ITB has commented on the attack on him by the Developer".

Jerome