Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

In depth Beech 18 mod

Stumbled upon this today - looks like a total over haul for the Beech 18 

https://flightsim.to/file/51532/denarq-twin-beech

• Like 7

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Think i have a look at this mod ( altough i am not much on planes that kind, more or less sometimes )

More a tube flyer..🙃

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Did not even know this Beech 18 by  Local Legend was out there. I love the Beech 18 and already have the Carenado version. Does anyone know how the two aircraft compare the Carenado and Local Legend versions?

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

3 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

Did not even know this Beech 18 by  Local Legend was out there. I love the Beech 18 and already have the Carenado version. Does anyone know how the two aircraft compare the Carenado and Local Legend versions?

They're the same thing.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Oops. OK. Let's hope this addon mod will help to make the Carenado craft more realistic.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

In the real,world, I love the B18. But in the sim, it didn’t get good reviews so I passed. (As I have done with every Carenado product). But if this enhancement is as good as it sounds, I may consider it. It’s disappointing Carenado have such a hard time developing their own systems depth. 

Its a funny bit to read as it seems that the only thing left from the Carenado’s was the fuselage shell 😃. Was it so bad ? 

There was a great 18 made by Milton Schupe in FS9 by the way.

What I’ve never seen in a sim is the  Volpar turbo variant of Air America fame. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I'm currently trying this out and I like the improvements. It does make this aircraft more useable. I purchased it when it was released, played around with it for a minute and moved on. This mod was just what it needed for me to give it a second chance.

• Like 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

35 minutes ago, PWJT8D said:

I'm currently trying this out and I like the improvements. It does make this aircraft more useable. I purchased it when it was released, played around with it for a minute and moved on. This mod was just what it needed for me to give it a second chance.

I agree the mod appears to be quite in depth.  I'm not sure how they did l that stuff - must have been from scratch because the flight model is hidden behind DRM.

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

My understanding is that there's tools out there that can intercept that information in MSFS or somehow extract it, but I've got zero clue how they work, or what the legal situation with them is.

Thanks for the heads-up on this one, as I'd love to get more use out of the Beech 18,  Unfortunately I was unable to get the engines started following the checklist.  Anyone got some tips?

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

It seems to be incompatible with the PMS50 GTN750 mod. I can start engines and takeoff but the engine mp gauge fluctuates wildly and then both engines shut down. I suspect the "engine wear" method doesn't like something else in my community folder.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I guys,

I am the creator of this mod, so I can answer your questions.

I'm not sure if I can say how I did it but I can say that it was released with the knowledge and permission of the MSFS team.

Making some kind of manual if of course in my future plans but for now I'll try to help you guys over here.

To startup engines remember that with this mod priming is required. What I do is:

-Proppeler and mixture levers full foward

-Throttle lever one inch foward

-Tank selector left front and right front

-Batterys on

-Magnetos on

-Starter selector and prime knod towards the engine you want to start.

-clic booster

-clic starter

-2 or 3 pulls on prime knob (on very cold weather 3 or 4 pulls) - This must be perfoed while the engine is trying to start.

And thats it.

VERY IMPORTANT:

-Keep your engine RPM bellow 1000/1100 RPMs until your oil temps is above 40º. If you rise it to soon your cylinders temps will rise very fast due to low lubrication and CHT above certain levels could kill your engine. And even if you don't kill it it, you are increasing its wear. 

54 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

It seems to be incompatible with the PMS50 GTN750 mod. I can start engines and takeoff but the engine mp gauge fluctuates wildly and then both engines shut down. I suspect the "engine wear" method doesn't like something else in my community folder.

This fluctuation is duo to low oil temps and low lubrication. It has nothing to do with incompatible mod. Just wait to oil temp.

If you want to speedup oil temps increase us oil shutter or oil bypass. But remembre that oil bypass is for ground use only and be very careful. As soon as oil is above 40º turn off oilbypass otherwise oilt temps keep climbind and you'll for certain kill the engine.

Edited by alexbap
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, alexbap said:

This fluctuation is duo to low oil temps and low lubrication. It has nothing to do with incompatible mod. Just wait to oil temp.

If you want to speedup oil temps increase us oil shutter or oil bypass. But remembre that oil bypass is for ground use only and be very careful. As soon as oil is above 40º turn off oilbypass otherwise oilt temps keep climbind and you'll for certain kill the engine.

I wondered about that. I noticed the oil temp wasn't right but "assumed" it wouldn't matter. 🙂  

Thanx for the help - I'll give it another go.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

19 minutes ago, alexbap said:

I guys,

I am the creator of this mod, so I can answer your questions.

The description on .to mentions something about using the left hand cabin heat control to reset or disable the engine damage, but I can't quite figure out what that means, since I don't know what the "in conjunction with the engine selector switch" part of the description is referring to.