Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

New MSFS error in graphics

1 minute ago, orchestra_nl said:

I quickly reverted back to my old drivers

which one do you use now? Did you revert via DDU?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

The Asobo story is not correct at all. 

Neither memory RAM or VRAM is the iissue. 

It just started. 

Just like other friends of my who had this message for the first time at almost the same time as I had. 

This is very coincidental!!!!

This is also another Asobo issue 

I also read reverting back drivers. Well I think that is also nonsense.  With the current driver it worked for months and all of a sudden it is a problem??? 

And other friends with different driver version had this error to yesterday around the same time!

Figure it out and stop changing everything on your computer when this is also actually an Asobo issue 

Edited by altenae
  • Like 2

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

2 hours ago, phmcr said:

I went back to 531.29 and all is fine.

ok, will try that one again, too. did not have any issues with it before

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

34 minutes ago, DAD said:

I made three identical flights. Two with 531.41 that crashed at just about the same location with said error message. And one after I reinstalled 531.29 without a problem. So to me the problem is the driver. I guess 531.41 does overheat the card but obviously not all cards suffer from it. I have an RX3070 which I would expect to be able to handle it.

Edited by phmcr
  • Like 2

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

1 minute ago, phmcr said:

I made three identical flights. Two with 531.41 that crashed at just about the same location with said error message. And one after I reinstalled 531.29 without a problem. So to me the problem is the driver. I guess it does overheat the card but obviously not all cards suffer from it. I have an RX3070 which I would expect to be able to handle it.

Then you are lucky with this flight. 

4 online friends got the error at almost the same time all different drivers etc!!

This can never be an issue on its own.  Never!!!

Temp gpu 50 degrees. 

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

7 minutes ago, phmcr said:

I made three similar flights. Two with 531.41 that crashed at just about the same location with said error message. And one after I reinstalled 531.29 without a problem. So to me the problem is the driver. I guess it does overheat the card but obviously not all cards suffer from it. I have an RX3070 which I would expect to be able to handle it.

It does not overheat the card Menno.  This is just a bug for Asobo or Nvidia to sort out. 

I have had the error message with various drivers, and after monitoring my CPU and GPU temperatures with the 'Core Temp' program, there was nothing out of place.
On the last two crashes, the GPU was showing a temperature of around 68 C, which is nothing out of the ordinary.  I run DLSS now so this lowers the load on the card substantially.

This started for me during the Anniversary update beta, last Autumn.

They really need to jump on this bug, alongside the texture popping, and the broken water exclude bug.  Maybe they are working on them all, who knows?  And that is the problem - who knows?  Feedback and communication would be good, other than just the usual weekly update full of pretty screenshots and the marketplace activity.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I get this message maybe once in every 15 or so flights. It occurs in the most benign of circumstances, like loading up the 172 at my local airport. It has nothing to do with graphics card being overclocked (mine isn't) or running hot (I track the GPU temp and on my water cooled loop it never gets over 55c). Its got to be some sort of MSFS issue. 

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

1 hour ago, DAD said:

reverted back and just doing the very same flight again NZQN NZWN in the FBW, will see what happens...

Phil Leaven

So far all fine, landing shortly in NZWN

In the meantime also MS answered my zendesk ticket which I opened some hour ago (fast, thanks for that!):

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Flight Simulator Support today.

Nvidia has reported that they are having some issues with the latest drivers when it comes to MSFS. We recommend going back to older driver until Nvidia releases new driver update. 

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team

• Like 2

Phil Leaven

1 minute ago, DAD said:

So far all fine, landing shortly in NZWN

In the meantime also MS answered my zendesk ticket which I opened some hour ago (fast, thanks for that!):

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Flight Simulator Support today.

Nvidia has reported that they are having some issues with the latest drivers when it comes to MSFS. We recommend going back to older driver until Nvidia releases new driver update. 

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team

Well I was already on the older drivers.
I hope not more issues are coming soon.
Otherwise the "uninsall" option will be the solution for me

12 minutes ago, altenae said:

Well I was already on the older drivers.
I hope not more issues are coming soon.
Otherwise the "uninsall" option will be the solution for me

worked fine here, just landed successfully at NZWN. So I will stick with the 531.29 for a while now

• Like 2

Phil Leaven

its a driver issue , tested again and got the same message , fixed  with 531.29 driver

• Like 6

2 hours ago, DAD said:

which one do you use now? Did you revert via DDU?

531.29, which seems to be a popular version by lots of others as well.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

54 minutes ago, iliasr said:

its a driver issue , tested again and got the same message , fixed  with 531.29 driver

4 online friends got the same error around the SAME time with all different version drivers. (also some had 531.29).
So think how can this be …
All had the error on the same time.
You really think this is a driver issue when all 4 online players have all different driver versions and encountered the same issue at the same time

Edited by altenae

Been happening here very rarely and randomly for a few months now...

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X