Sign in to follow this  
mattloveday1987

My first MSFS crash

Hi All

Just had my first CTD flying back to rome to egll on the Fenix A320... Something about a graphic issue... anyway while i try and figure that out i miss the P3D days of FSUIPC autosave backing up a flight... is ther a way to do this which remembers positon/FMC status etc?

Thanks

Matt

46 minutes ago, mattloveday1987 said:

. is ther a way to do this which remembers positon/FMC status etc?

No.

1 hour ago, mattloveday1987 said:

Hi All

Just had my first CTD flying back to rome to egll on the Fenix A320... Something about a graphic issue... anyway while i try and figure that out i miss the P3D days of FSUIPC autosave backing up a flight... is ther a way to do this which remembers positon/FMC status etc?

Thanks

Matt

Did you check the windows event viewer to see what caused the crash? You can then Google the error 

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

1 hour ago, mattloveday1987 said:

Hi All

Thanks

Matt

HEEEYYYY.  I'm glad you posted this.  Yesterday I also had my first MSFS crash where it twice crashed with a graphics overload kind of issue.  I freaked out because I thought my video card was acting up, but it seems like a hiccup with the sim because it did not happen again.  For me it was even more odd because it happened while trying to takeoff at KDFW and eventually I ended up hitting some sort of invisible object that had never been there before.  I wonder if the servers were having issues yesterday.

Dennis

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Might also be worth checking for any windows update and then do the following:

One thing I have started doing as house cleaning after each major update is deleting the DX cache and shaders and then open command prompt as an administrator and run the following:

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /checkhealth

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /scanhealth

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

2 hours ago, mattloveday1987 said:

Just had my first CTD flying back to rome to egll on the Fenix A320... Something about a graphic issue

A message like a this?

spacer.png

4 hours ago, mattloveday1987 said:

i miss the P3D days of FSUIPC autosave backing up a flight... is ther a way to do this which remembers positon/FMC status etc?

what I hate also if that happens after a long flight and you loose a log book entry for the hours flown. what I do sometimes to at least manually re-create the situation: I log my flights with LittleNavMap, that allows at least to visually inspect your location where the crash occurred and then you could restart and manually re-position via slew mode. not perfect but until a better solution arrives  ...

unless this interim-state-saving mechanism has already been requested, we should do so in the official flightsimulator forum and bring this up in an upcoming twitch session.

someone has already developed a tool, haven't tried it yet myself :

https://flightsim.to/file/26490/aircraftstate

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/save-mid-flight-possible/491086/18

"The other option is to use one of the flight recorders. I use Sky Dolly 14. If I experience a system crash, I just rewind the flight to right before the crash, stop the playback and carry on."

https://flightsim.to/file/9067/sky-dolly

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/save-and-restore-aircraft-state-between-flights/491260

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/save-mid-flight-possible/491086/13

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/save-load-a-flight-including-flight-plan-msfs-flight-planner-functionality/568699/19

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.