Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

If you like flying around the PNW..

.. and want to visit Victoria BC and southern Vancouver Island, make sure you install SamScene Vancouver.

Not only downtown Vancouver is much improved, but so is downtown Victoria and the Inner Harbour.

The Canada World update destroyed downtown Victoria, but uninstalling PG Cities in WU11 and installing SamScene Vancouver transforms the experience.. 🙂

• Like 11

Bert

There's also an Orbx sale so there may be some PNW airports to depart from on your way to that area hehe

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

49 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

.. and want to visit Victoria BC and southern Vancouver Island, make sure you install SamScene Vancouver.

Not only downtown Vancouver is much improved, but so is downtown Victoria and the Inner Harbour.

The Canada World update destroyed downtown Victoria, but uninstalling PG Cities in WU11 and installing SamScene Vancouver transforms the experience.. 🙂

Can you leave WU11 installed, and just uninstall the PG Cities from the Content Manager?

Or would it simpler to just disable PG?  Does SamScene Vancouver require PG to be on?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

24 minutes ago, Mace said:

Can you leave WU11 installed, and just uninstall the PG Cities from the Content Manager?

Or would it simpler to just disable PG?  Does SamScene Vancouver require PG to be on?

Yes, I left WU11 installed and uninstalled the PG Cities as you suggest.

PG is useful overall and I leave it enabled.  SamScene looks good with or without PG.. your choice. 😉

Bert

58 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

There's also an Orbx sale so there may be some PNW airports to depart from on your way to that area hehe

Gotta have KORS, if only for old times sake.. and while you are at it, also get the freeware CYCD Nanaimo airport, my home base.

https://flightsim.to/file/9479/cycd-nanaimo-airport

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 2

Bert

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Gotta have KORS, if only for old times sake.. and while you are at it, also get the freeware CYCD Nanaimo airport, my home base.

https://flightsim.to/file/9479/cycd-nanaimo-airport

Thanks Bert - I guess the kids don't really have to eat this month (aside from the freeware, of course).

Edited by tamsini
  • Like 1

Mario Di Lauro

7 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

You can probably guess by my AVSIM name that I do a lot of flying around the PNW.  I have lived in Portland, Oregon and Vancouver, Washington my who life and fly about 85% my time in Oregon, Washington and lower British Columbia.  I have always loved Vancouver, BC and Victoria.  Thanks for the heads up on the SamScene scenery.  I will surely pick it up; also the free Nanimo one too.  I really appreciate the heads up.  Happy flying!

• Like 2

On 4/6/2023 at 3:28 PM, Mace said:

Just did a test flight over downtown Vancouver.  SamScene created a lot of the buildings downtown, but by no means all of them...  So the question becomes if you would rather see default Blackshark buildings or custom Bing buildings for the remainder.  If you do not know the city, the Blackshark buildings may do the job, but if you do, the custom Bing buildings are better. 🙂  In other words, leave PG set to "on"..

• Like 2

Bert

Off topic but one of my favorite entertainers Reeb (Rebecca) Weems is from Waterville, Washington. Her husband Caleb Klauder is from Orcas Island. (Song is from late 1700's A.D.)

Edited by Fielder
  • Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

2 hours ago, Fielder said:

Reeb (Rebecca) Weems

Reeb Willms 🙂

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

On 4/6/2023 at 11:38 PM, Bert Pieke said:

I've been meaning to pick this one up. Thanks for reminding me. Consequently your work on here as a flight sim addon influencer has been successful 😂 

Edited by steve310002
  • Like 1

I belong to this generation of simmers who has discovered the PNW with Richard Goldstein lovely airports in 2k2, crisscrossed BC and WA with Flight Unlimited and finally with Orbx fat regions. No more for me for a while, I must admit that I have hardly muddied my wheels there with MSFS. Maybe one day when I am tired of the Himalayas, Arabia, the Maluku Is., Corsica or Peru.😁 ! 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I've always loved flying in PNW since FSX days. 4 years ago, I was in BC/ Vancouver Island for three weeks - now loving it even more. When a MSFS update arrives, I usually do a short test flight from Pitt Meadows to Nanaimo using all add-ons of this area (payware and freeware). It can be be quite heavy for system resources but that's exactly what I wanted to test.

• Like 3

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).