Sign in to follow this  
Keirtt

Long Haul Performance Regression with SU12?

I have been following this thread with interest as I haven't seen any degradation in the performance of the sim over time. Today I flew EGGP - LICJ (3.5 hours) then had an hour on the ground followed by the return leg LICJ - EGGP (3.5 hours) in the Fenix A320. This was all done without quitting the sim or rebooting my PC and I had a solid performance the entire day which was around 8 hours of sim time in total.

I really cannot fathom out why this would affect some but not others, Here I am on final and then parked at the gate. The stats in the top left were pretty much the same as when I started this morning.

Could it be server related I wonder?

4vc4Ehf.jpg

xhwH2TT.jpg

• Like 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

7 hours ago, RJC68 said:

I have been following this thread with interest as I haven't seen any degradation in the performance of the sim over time.

I really cannot fathom out why this would affect some but not others

Similar experience here. Over the last couple of weeks I have flown a number of Fenix A320 flights with a duration of +4 hours, the longest being OJAI-EGLL at 5h50m. No degradation at all.

This problem truly is a head-scratcher, but there’s got to be something in common for those that are affected …

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

No damage for me either. Did you stay in the VC throughout the flight?
For my part, I remain permanently in the VC with no outside view throughout the flight.

8 minutes ago, Axis3600 said:

Did you stay in the VC throughout the flight?

No, I change to outside view a number of times. Also quite a lot of alt-tabbing to other programs such as Navigraph Chart Cloud, RealTraffic, PSXT During the flight.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

3 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

No, I change to outside view a number of times. Also quite a lot of alt-tabbing to other programs such as Navigraph Chart Cloud, RealTraffic, PSXT During the flight.

DX11 or DX12?

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

12 minutes ago, JDWalley said:

DX11 or DX12?

DX12

Cheers, Søren Dissing

6 hours ago, Axis3600 said:

No damage for me either. Did you stay in the VC throughout the flight?
For my part, I remain permanently in the VC with no outside view throughout the flight.

I was also in and out of the virtual cockpit many times during the 2 legs and the hour on the ground. I’ve been running DX12 for the last week but never had any issues with DX11. Also running Windows 11 Pro. I only use my PC for MSFS so I don’t have a ton of other software installed and do all my planning on my other windows machine which also runs Navigraph Charts. I typically run FSLTL, Spad.next, navigraph data plugin and reshade. Not sure if it makes a difference but these programs are shifted onto the E-Cores of my 12700K leaving MSFS just on the P-Cores with the priority set to high.

Edited by RJC68

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Just completed KSFO - EKCH , in and out of VR, and plenty of switching to outside views in non-VR 2D mode.  Flight flown with PMDG BBJ1.  Running DX11.  Fortunately I did not experience any degradation in performance.   This bug seems intermittent, as I have definitely seen it before.  Testing continues.  

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating