Sign in to follow this  
gal-m

FS2Crew keeps engaging autopilot

Hi all,

I am using the PMDG 737-800 together with FS2Crew. Whenever I am on final approach and try do disconnect the autopilot, my FO always re-engages it (he says "CMD A"). I was always doing a standard CAT I ILS approach, was stable and properly configured.
Obviously I'd like to try some other types of approaches in the future, such as RNAV and Visual approaches, but am unsure if I'll be able to hand fly the aircraft with FS2Crew.. Otherwise it has been working flawlessly and I am really pleased with the addon.

Does anyone know if this is just a bug or if it's a specific issue. I've read through the manual and not sure if I missed something. Anyways, I'd like to disengage the autopilot (especially during my approach/landing) as I please.

Thanks in advance for the help and suggestions,

G

Could be a tick box in the settings? There's a lot of options there. Odd, it never does that for me. Once I disconnect, it stays out.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

strange  havnt  had  that  one  yet to the op  you using  voice  or button  if  button  could  be  a conflict  of  buttons  maybe

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I stopped using FS2Crew months ago for the FBW as the bugs were just too boggling and annoying to continue with.

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

2 hours ago, El Diablito said:

I stopped using FS2Crew months ago for the FBW as the bugs were just too boggling and annoying to continue with.

There's been 6 or 7 updates in recent months. It works very well now. Never experienced any bugs with it.

• Like 1

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

8 hours ago, flyhalf said:

Could be a tick box in the settings? There's a lot of options there. Odd, it never does that for me. Once I disconnect, it stays out.

I'll check it out again @flyhalf. I reviewed the manual in detail and actually made notes on how to use it, but it could always be that I missed something...

7 hours ago, pete_auau said:

strange  havnt  had  that  one  yet to the op  you using  voice  or button  if  button  could  be  a conflict  of  buttons  maybe

I am using button control, but I disconnect the Autopilot with my Yoke. I'll check that out again, thanks for the suggestion @pete_auau.

6 hours ago, El Diablito said:

I understand you @El Diablito! FS2Crew has been surprisingly good for me so far. I really enjoy it, but it is obviously very frustrating that it messes up my favorite part of flying the PMDG 737-800 - the landing..

16 hours ago, gal-m said:

I understand you @El Diablito! FS2Crew has been surprisingly good for me so far. I really enjoy it, but it is obviously very frustrating that it messes up my favorite part of flying the PMDG 737-800 - the landing..

it will be  a simple  solution  to your  iussue

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

4 hours ago, pete_auau said:

it will be  a simple  solution  to your  iussue

What do you mean @pete_auau?

UPDATE: I can disconnect the AP AFTER minimums, however not during flight (e.g., cruise) or approach. 

I actually watched a few flights with FS2Crew, like e.g., 737 NG Driver's full flight with it. He is a B737 Pilot IRL and used FS2Crew with button control also. He was able to disconnect the AP well before he was even configured for landing. He did it at around 10 nm I think..

Would someone be so kind as to share their FS2Crew settings (preferably button control)..?

Thanks to everyone in advance!

To anyone that might stumble upon this:

I solved it by turning the "FO AP CMDS OVERRIDE" off and then on again. Looks like the toggle was bugged or stuck or something like that. Now it seems to be working fine.