Sign in to follow this  
vbazillio

[Work-in-progress] Marble Canyon (L41)

Hello passionate simmers!

I have just started the development of Marble Canyon (L41) in Arizona. This very small field is an unbelievable opportunity to land our light aircraft right into the Canyon! And you can depart from Page, KPGA a recent free release of mine, just 5 minutes away with your C172.

733a9ae23863ee2e476c4a41e02d1b61bcc6a3eb

The airport infrastructure 🙂 is very light, so I will challenge my 3D Blender skills by building some buildings on the other side of the street: the gas station, post office, restaurant (where you pay the fee) and the lodge. I’ll also try to fix the Navajo brige satellite image.

632e662b6fa4f4c41cb822ce3aff317c1fad49bb

2a73e20139856dcdc80a347e3df40e5d69255882

As my previous freeware, I selected this airfield because it was on my bucket list in real: 

Thank to support the development, by clicking "I want this too!" : https://flightsim.to/request/scenery/2829/marble-canyon-az-airport-l41-and-town 

• Like 24

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Niiiice, really looking forward to another of your little gems. Since you've visited the place, you probably have all the footage you need, but just in case, Josh at Aviation101 has some nice videos from the place, including the restaurant and the airport sign:

• Like 5

Awesome, it’s always exciting to see you start work on a new airport!

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I still remember a nice rendition of this airport created by CrazyCreatives for FSX and P3Dv2. I used to use it to make some flights in the area of Monument Valley, Telluride, Sedona and Las Vegas. Great choice !

spacer.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, polosim said:

I still remember a nice rendition of this airport created by CrazyCreatives for FSX and P3Dv2

I'm sorry, but for now I'm quite sure that I won't be able to reach the level of quantity of handmade object and the professionalism of Crazy Creatives work. The inner MSFS quality will definitely help me populating the area but I'm not confident it will reach the same... impression. We'll see. At least, I know, I'm not planning to build the Navajo Bridge Interpretive Center. Baby steps 😉

• Like 2

Vincent B.

And another amazing scenery you're creating.  I've recently started flying around California to visit your creations.  Some incredible work.  

• Like 1

I recently finished a multileg trip from the California coast to Canyonlands in the WB-Sim C172.

It would have been half the fun without your airports along the way.

Approaching Page I passed Marble Canyon and thought it was a shame we don't have a nice rendition of this lovely strip in MSFS yet.

Awesome you are working on it now!

Thank you so much for your contribution.

And if you ever head further east, KCNY could use some love too. 😉

• Like 2

Excellent work!

• Like 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

This is looking great indeed! I have been exploring and enjoying several of your other releases in MSFS and this looks like it will fit right in 🙂 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Ok, my bad. It's not usefull for pilots and let's consider this as an Blender exercice. It wasn't planned initially but finally I'll try to build the Navajo Interpretative & Visitor Center, right at the Navajo Bridge(s) 🙂 Expect some delays for landing.

qQyz16E.jpeg

it couldn't' be worst than the default autogen-like version, isn't it ? 🙂

Uml5lEM.jpeg

• Like 5

Vincent B.

I think it looks good, certainly better then the autogen version 😉 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11