Sign in to follow this  
gal-m

FPS Dropping Throughout Flight

9 hours ago, gal-m said:

Did the performance degradation happen over time or instantly in your case if you still remember? Either way I'll try disabling FSLTL

absolutely after time, it even went down to 12 FPS

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

Yesterday i performed a flight from ESSA to LOWS with fenix, at ESSA I had roughly 60-70 fps, in flight firstly I have 70-80 fps and then fps dropped to approximately 50 fps, then landed with 40-50 fps at lows. And restarted sim again at same position, I had a approximately 75 fps… so what causes this fps drop? I have 4090 with 24 gb vram and 7950x3d cpu. I didn’t have a problem with shorter flights like 1 hour but at this time I had a problem with 2 hours flight.

C. Uygar

Aircraft Maint. Engineer. at LTFJ

FSLTL caused this degradation over time for me as well. The best way to remedy it is to put big limits on your AI using the configurator. I think I have a maximum of 5 IFR and 3 VFR planes within a radius of around 20KM. Also a max of 30 static aircraft too.

• Like 1

I was plagued by dropping frame rate despite bigtime headroom in VRAM/GPU/Main Thread, so paradoxical.   Clean install of the latest GPU driver, cleaning out the DX Cache, rebuilding the rolling cache restored "normal" behavior.  FSLTL adds a full 12-15% burden on my main thread so sometimes when the arrival airport is very complex I will end up shutting it down, but usually don't have to, I just keep an eye on the main thread load thru RTSS' OSD which is close enough to be useful.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

So tried same flight again and during flight I have turned off bing data graphics and turned on again, it worked… so is it a bug???? 

C. Uygar

Aircraft Maint. Engineer. at LTFJ

Use addon linker and removed literally everything from the community folder and delete anything from the official folder. Then add the scenery you want, and follow some guides about renaming the scenery files. There are a lot of conflicts with freeware to freeware, payware etc.

ISLC and doing the above solved most of my issues.

It could also be the simulator's object limit.

Edited by Sonosusto

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---