Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Meigs Field?

Is there a Meigs Field add-on available for this sim?

Thanks,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

It's available by default if you look or search in the Content Manager

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Thank you

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Just to clarify: Meigs now comes with the sim (for free).

• Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Yeah, Meigs is now included for free but there are also freeware and payware addons available I believe, though at least one of them needs you to remove the asobo one.

I'm just using the default asobo version personally 

Just search on flightsim.to and whichever site you use for payware addons.

Edited by cianpars
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Yes - https://flightsim.to/file/834/merril-c-meigs-field-kcgx

It's been available since Feb. '20, and is a splendid rendition. There is another (earlier) on the .to site as well, I but haven't tried it.

Edited by Paul J

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

It really depends on how much time you spend looking around the airports.  For me, I see very little of the details since I don't bother with them.  There are a lot of people out there more "hardcore" than myself, I'm sure they never see much either.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

To each his own, Andy!  Meigs has an almost revered place in the world of MS flight simming history, and many of us old fa*ts take great pleasure in our reminiscing, and someone worked his backside off to create this version of Meigs - in an almost true-to life replication - and it has has brought all of the monochrome & VGA dreams from those "old days" - full circle. Bert is a bit younger than me I think, but I'm sure he gets as much a kick out of the "magic" that this sim can bring to us, as I do - and many, many others do too.  

Edited by Paul J
  • Like 3

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Super Brief History of Meigs  ...

Meigs Field was much loved by Flight Simmers but a total pain for local Real Estate Developers who wanted to gentrify the derelict industrial/docks area along the nearby shoreline, as trendy wealthy people only want to live near an airport if they own it personally.

The Mayor of Chicago agreed with the disgruntled developers and shutdown the airport. However there were immediate appeals and a State Court ordered it re-opened.

Chicago then agreed to keep Meigs open as part of some state/federal funding deal

However when a glitch occurred in the funding negotiations the Mayor immediately ordered it secretly closed. The work was done during the night and runway destroyed in a way that made it unviable to repair.  This was to prevent any future court case ordering it reopened.

Closing an FAA runway permanently, without any advance notice or going through the proper procedures, was illegal and Chicago were fined tens of thousands of dollars, However the Mayor was well aware this would happen and had decided beforehand that they would just cop any fine imposed. Paying a fine would be would be worth it to get rid of Meigs permanently and hence allow the upmarket gentrification of the shoreline to go ahead.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

I bought the payware Meigs early on because I lived near there and had to have it.  Its a Flight Sim reverance.

sp

• Like 1

When I started simming back in FS2 days, my earliest memories are flying the 172 around Meigs and the Learjet from Oakland to San Fransisco.

These airports will always be amongst my first to try with any new flight simulator though thanks to Mayor Daley we no longer have Meigs in real life, not that it matters as it will be under water anyway in 10 years time if you believe all the global warming cranks.

Edited by cianpars
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)