Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Constant CTD all of a Sudden

Hello - Not sure what's going on. but over the last few days, I can't complete a flight without a CTD at some point before arrive. I rarely over got these up until now. Just now, in PMDG 737, enroute from EGAC to EIDW, about 20 miles from EIDW. I am not sure what is going on, but hardware shouldn't be an issue. Any ideas? Here are my specs: Intel Core i7-11700F @ 2.50Ghz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 @12GB, 32GB RAM DDR4, and no overclocking. I'm using the latest GeForce Game Ready Driver 531.79. Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Just now, PilotPete99 said:

Hello - Not sure what's going on. but over the last few days, I can't complete a flight without a CTD at some point before arrive. I rarely over got these up until now. Just now, in PMDG 737, enroute from EGAC to EIDW, about 20 miles from EIDW. I am not sure what is going on, but hardware shouldn't be an issue. Any ideas? Here are my specs: Intel Core i7-11700F @ 2.50Ghz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 @12GB, 32GB RAM DDR4, and no overclocking. I'm using the latest GeForce Game Ready Driver 531.79. Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Pete

What does the windows event log say?

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

spacer.png

I just realized someone else posted about this right after. this is puzzling.

Cheers, Pete

Odd.

I got that as well the other night. First time ever. I kind of suspect FSLTL/FSHUD. But I am unsure. Nothing to do about temps, just about the only thing I am certain of.

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I was even wondering if it was related to the new driver. Very strange.

Cheers, Pete

6 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

I was even wondering if it was related to the new driver. Very strange.

Cheers, Pete

Oh, just installed a new version?

Richard

2 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Oh, just installed a new version?

Yep, I am right now reverting back to the .68 driver. I will test the same flight shortly.

Cheers, Pete

• Upvote 1

Real question is....do have have any addons relating to that area? Scenery etc? What are you settings. TLOD, LOD etc.

This "on approach or final" CTD's are a real pain sometimes. I wonder if your sim is hitting the object limit or something.

Do you have traffic running?

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

In my experience if that happens on approach it is because some airport scenery is loading in and within that scenery there is a conflict with another scenery, which is very often a modellib file that has the same name (devs should usually name them differently, but some still don't). Check if the scenery you used for that flight has a file that is called modellib (that is: at least 2 airports that use this name). If so, you should use addon linker to automatically rename all those files of every single scenery.
Since I did that about 7 months ago I've had maybe one CTD in total, before it was at least once every two weeks.

Of course nvidia drivers could also be the cause, especially if you recently updated.

• Like 1

Update: Just completed the same flight after reverting back to Driver 531.68, and the flight was flawless. Not ever a stutter. This was departing Pyreegue EGAC and arriving at MK EIDW V2, also with Dublin city scenery from Orbx. Clearly, it was the latest driver.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 3

Some drivers are dangerous... That's why there are so many accidents ... 😁

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

21 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

Update: Just completed the same flight after reverting back to Driver 531.68, and the flight was flawless. Not ever a stutter. This was departing Pyreegue EGAC and arriving at MK EIDW V2, also with Dublin city scenery from Orbx. Clearly, it was the latest driver.

Cheers, Pete

Recipe for disaster, have a smooth running sim, and install the latest driver. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

For that same reason I never use the latest driver. I'm on 531.29 and very happy with it, zero issues

• Like 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

22 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

In my experience if that happens on approach it is because some airport scenery is loading in and within that scenery there is a conflict with another scenery, which is very often a modellib file that has the same name (devs should usually name them differently, but some still don't). Check if the scenery you used for that flight has a file that is called modellib (that is: at least 2 airports that use this name). If so, you should use addon linker to automatically rename all those files of every single scenery.
Since I did that about 7 months ago I've had maybe one CTD in total, before it was at least once every two weeks.

Of course nvidia drivers could also be the cause, especially if you recently updated.

If you use Add on Linker, there is an inbuilt tool which scans all scenery for conflicting model lib files and renames things automatically - very handy!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thomas Derbyshire