Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Constant CTD all of a Sudden

22 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

Update: Just completed the same flight after reverting back to Driver 531.68, and the flight was flawless. Not ever a stutter. This was departing Pyreegue EGAC and arriving at MK EIDW V2, also with Dublin city scenery from Orbx. Clearly, it was the latest driver.

Cheers, Pete

Yesterday I had this on my left view pc and the day before on my front view server.

So I upgraded to 531.79 and after that I completed a flight without any issues…

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

There have been a bunch of threads about this and a MSFS KB article:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/6422969348508--Your-graphics-device-has-encountered-a-problem-and-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-will-exit-error-message

That said, I was able to run the latest drivers and DX12 after uninstalling GeForce Experience (someone in another thread mentioned this worked for them). Other people have recently noted things work if you launch MSFS from within the GeForce Experience app. Either way, everything points to this being an Nvidia issue...

On 5/5/2023 at 8:39 PM, PilotPete99 said:

Hello - Not sure what's going on. but over the last few days, I can't complete a flight without a CTD at some point before arrive. I rarely over got these up until now. Just now, in PMDG 737, enroute from EGAC to EIDW, about 20 miles from EIDW. I am not sure what is going on, but hardware shouldn't be an issue. Any ideas? Here are my specs: Intel Core i7-11700F @ 2.50Ghz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 @12GB, 32GB RAM DDR4, and no overclocking. I'm using the latest GeForce Game Ready Driver 531.79. Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Pete

driver issue revert back to last working driver or install without geforce experience...

• Like 1

André

13 hours ago, jcomm said:

Some drivers are dangerous... That's why there are so many accidents ... 😁

Especially the drunk drivers put out by nVidia.

• Like 3

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

13 minutes ago, JDWalley said:

Especially the drunk drivers put out by nVidia.

🤣

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

😍

Just now with the latest drivers that helped me with my flight yesterday on my server :

Your graphics card ……. Etc etc 

So on my setup with both latest drivers I experience this .

- - - 

So back to the 5.31.29 drivers as MS advices since October 2022 and even today still advices. It might not solve it completely but is a very stable driver.

Hopefully Asobo can fix this or NVidia does …

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

This issue has been around for many people since SU12, and two things are clear, based on all the reports I've read plus my own experience: The problem is not drivers, and it is not an add-on. The culprit has to be SU12, as nothing else fits the facts.

May as well use this thread instead of creating a new one.

The title fits my situation.  All of a sudden.  

CTD from last Thursday. Usually about 10 mins into the scenario and especially on climb-out at about 1500', usually at flap retraction stage.    It's actually not so much a CTD as it is freezing the entire PC and having to press the PC reboot button.  Usually sound freezes too and there is a loud buzzing noise.

This has happened before and after a Nvidia driver update (updated yesterday).  

Also happening with empty community folder.  No significant overheating

Edited by ErichB

47 minutes ago, ErichB said:

CTD from last Thursday. Usually about 10 mins into the scenario and especially on climb-out at about 1500', usually at flap retraction stage.    It's actually not so much a CTD as it is freezing the entire PC and having to press the PC reboot button.  Usually sound freezes too and there is a loud buzzing noise.

On Windows Search, Type in Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Applications Logs.

Look for a Red exclamation mark around the time of the crash and look at the faulting module name and the exception code, copy or post it here and will help to see the cause.

Edited by Brocky120
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Brocky120 said:

On Windows Search, Type in Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Applications Logs.

Look for a Red exclamation mark around the time of the crash and look at the faulting module name and the exception code, copy or post it here and will help to see the cause.

Thanks, will do that tonight

On 5/6/2023 at 1:45 PM, sidfadc said:

If you use Add on Linker, there is an inbuilt tool which scans all scenery for conflicting model lib files and renames things automatically - very handy!

Would you please point out the menu option in Addons Linker you are referencing, and what you choose/select to perform this check?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

18 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Would you please point out the menu option in Addons Linker you are referencing, and what you choose/select to perform this check?

Click Tools from the drop down menu and you are looking for Modellib Changer and MaterialLibs Changer.  Just follow the on screen instructions, it will take you through a wizard and scan all your addons and fix where appropriate.

Hope this helps!

Edited by sidfadc
  • Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

4 hours ago, ErichB said:

My last prolonged visit to MSFS CTD Hell was the result of bugged new nVidia drivers...reversion to 531.29 fixed it definitively.  M$/Asobo acknowledged that mutiple users were reporting problems and recommended the reversion.  I have not updated drivers since, and have not had any recurrences, either.

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I fly about 2-hours per day - most days.  Following is the list of CTDs I have experienced in the last seven days and the faulting module as shown by event viewer (FS is Flightsimulator.exe):

FS nvwqf2um.dll
FS flightsim.exe (5 occurrences)
FS ucrtbase.dll
GTN_simulator.exe KRNL.dll (4 occurrences)
GTN_simulator.exe d3d11.dll (2 occurrences)
AVASTAntiTrack.exe ucrtbase.dll (2 occurrences)
AVASTAntiTrack.exe libcef.dll 
AVASTAntiTrack.exe unhandled exception

Prior to the last update I would go weeks at a time with no CTD.

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

33 minutes ago, TacomaSailor said:

I fly about 2-hours per day - most days.  Following is the list of CTDs I have experienced in the last seven days and the faulting module as shown by event viewer (FS is Flightsimulator.exe):

FS nvwqf2um.dll
FS flightsim.exe (5 occurrences)
FS ucrtbase.dll
GTN_simulator.exe KRNL.dll (4 occurrences)
GTN_simulator.exe d3d11.dll (2 occurrences)
AVASTAntiTrack.exe ucrtbase.dll (2 occurrences)
AVASTAntiTrack.exe libcef.dll 
AVASTAntiTrack.exe unhandled exception

Prior to the last update I would go weeks at a time with no CTD.

What are the exception codes?

nvwqf2um.dll - Try a clean install of the graphics card driver using DDU, and create your own driver using NVcleanstall and see if that helps

flightsim.exe - Exception code? 0xc0000005? - If so I get it from time to time, highly likely RAM/CPU related

ucrtbase.dll - Ensure all visual is fully up to date - https://github.com/abbodi1406/vcredist

Not entirely sure on the rest, run this in Command Prompt (CMD) as Admin:

sfc /scannow

DISM /Online /Cleanup Image /CheckHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

sfc /scannow

reboot your computer, run it again, and reboot again.

Then Open Disk Cleanup as Administrator, select your main drive, and tick every box to clean up, you can do this for all drives on the computer. Finally restart your computer and try.

Edited by Brocky120
add info