Sign in to follow this  
enright

What is your "go to" flight plan and why?

I don‘t have any go to flight plans but there are some routes I’ve flown several times and there are airports I visit more often than others. I mainly fly airliners. Some of these are:

Brussels: Aerosoft’s EBBR is arguably the best airport addon out there so I frequently fly to or from Brussels, eg. form the UK, EHAM or Paris.  

Athens: Mostly from LGAV to one of the many Greek islands such as Skiathos, Samos or Corfu. FlyTampa‘s LGAV is fantastic and some of the islands have interesting and challenging approaches. And of course the island world of the Aegean is incredibly beautiful.

Switzerland to Corsica: One of my favourite routes is from north of the Alps (e.g. Basel, Zurich or Geneva) down to Corsica in the Mediterranean (Ajaccio, Bastia or Calvi). This flight has it all: lush green hills in the north, snowy mountain peaks, the stunning coastline of the French and Italian Riviera, the beautiful wild and craggy island of Corsica, and last but not least some spectacular approaches (esp. the circling approaches into Ajaccio and Calvi). 

Flights from Basel: I regularly fly out of LFSB, mainly because it‘s my home airport and flights from there remind me of holidays. 

KLAX/KSFO/KSAN to/from KLAS: Perfect for short flights in the A320 or 737 with stunning and varied landscapes. 

Other airports I particularly like flying into are Queenstown NZ, Santos Dumont Airport in Rio de Janeiro (rwy 02R approach), Ronald Reagan Washington (river approach).

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

KBOS/KJFK, SSOX6 departure, PARCH3 arrival. Never get tired of the view flying into Long Island Sound. 

Having a blast with "A Pilots Life". It really sharpens your skills, and trying to hit a high score on each flight, makes flying a challenge. 

eel4oUi.png

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Having a blast with "A Pilots Life". It really sharpens your skills, and trying to hit a high score on each flight, makes flying a challenge. 

Told ya! Enjoy….when I got the 737 in November I was going to join a VA or go with APL. I never looked back once I got APL and started the addiction. 

Edited by NismoRR
  • Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 11:45 AM, Danno said:

The Napali Coast in Hawaii (Kauai) is my go-to. Towering cliffs, remote beaches, lush vegetation. Even in a small single engine, a pilot can circle the entire island in under 20 minutes. Lihue is the largest airport on Kauai (PHLI) but any of the coastal airfields make a good starting point (PHPA, PHBK, HI01). 

have done this in a doors-off helicopter tour - definitely recommend!

Edited by UrgentSiesta
  • Like 1

When I see all of my installed airports in th MP I discover new flights.

My default is KORS to PAJN or PAKT.because of scenery.

NOTE: The HJET is a bit big for 1S2 - Darrington but fun to try 280.

sp

I try every new plane with the KTUS SID WLDKT3 to PHX STAR PINNG1 flight. it can test just about every facet of the FMS, ILS only takes 30 mins tops.  I know it by heart so ill know if something goes wonky. Like when the approach will only transition at ZERLO which is the case with Asobo stock airplanes.

I'll fly literally anywhere, but the past few months my go-to ones have been:

CYPK - CYHE - CYDC in the Reims Rocket C172 (flightsim.to)

Anywhere in the L.A. area covered by Orbx's hospital and police helipads, starting and ending at the Pasadena Police Heliport (3CL4), using the FlyInside Bell 206

CYPS - CAE5 in the 206

YMND - YSSY in the Kodiak

Great variety of scenery, variable weather, some challenging landings. I know B.C. well, and with the 206 it's a case of flying where I know the flying's going to be fun.

• Like 1

ASUS MAXIMUS IX CODE Z270, i7-7700K OC@4.8, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, VKBSim Gladiator joystick, CH Pro pedals, Razer Orbweaver Chroma Gaming Keypad, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB (main drive/sim drive), WD Black 1TB HDD

On 5/9/2023 at 9:51 AM, Bobsk8 said:

Hey Bob, I'm very interested in this, but I tend to fly older stuff like the BAE 146 and DC-6. I assume these wouldn't really be available as part of a career mode? Or do they have older airlines/routes available?

2 hours ago, Floaty Potato said:

Hey Bob, I'm very interested in this, but I tend to fly older stuff like the BAE 146 and DC-6. I assume these wouldn't really be available as part of a career mode? Or do they have older airlines/routes available?

They have the DC6 as one of the aircraft they support. I don't see the BAE 146. They have a web page , might be able to find out there. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, Floaty Potato said:

This  some  thing  simliar to pilots  life  its  a new  va  you  can  fly any  aircraft  you like if  you  fly free  flight, but  if  you fly  schedule  your  limited  to  the  aircraft  provided  at  the  airport  you  depart at.( cargo  and  charter  flights  are  coming  in later)  and  once  you land  at  the  airport  the  aircraft  stays   there  till  either  your  self  or  some  one  else fly  it  back  to  the original airport  or  to  another  destination.  The  idea  your  va  is  there  together  to make  money,   if  you  either  have  a  bad  landing  or  any  other  infringements  in  flying  it  will  dock  money  from  your  account,(  there  is  a rating  between  0  and  10 in  scoring)  heaven  forbid  if  you crash  your  aircraft 🙂    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvQS0slfNV4

https://newsky.app/home

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

This  some  thing  simliar to pilots  life  its  a new  va  you  can  fly any  aircraft  you like if  you  fly free  flight, but  if  you fly  schedule  your  limited  to  the  aircraft  provided  at  the  airport  you  depart at.( cargo  and  charter  flights  are  coming  in later)  and  once  you land  at  the  airport  the  aircraft  stays   there  till  either  your  self  or  some  one  else fly  it  back  to  the original airport  or  to  another  destination.  The  idea  your  va  is  there  together  to make  money,   if  you  either  have  a  bad  landing  or  any  other  infringements  in  flying  it  will  dock  money  from  your  account,(  there  is  a rating  between  0  and  10 in  scoring)  heaven  forbid  if  you crash  your  aircraft 🙂    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvQS0slfNV4

https://newsky.app/home

This is a great idea, reminds me of the virtual trucking companies in the truck sim games. Thanks for the info!

• Like 1