Sign in to follow this  
enright

What is your "go to" flight plan and why?

Just local area near KMSP, shooting approaches at the smaller airports for fun or flying VFR.  I know the area well from my irl flying and it's fun to visit virtually because I don't have time to commit to actual flying these days.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Wherever has the lowest ceilings / worst weather (to mins) and preferably in some mountainous area(s) 🙂

• Like 2

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

NZCH - NZQN (approx 40min) using A320

NZAA - NZQN (approx 2hrs) using A320

Most amazing approach into Queenstown NZ

Chen Chen

MSFS: FENIX A320 / PMDG 737 / FBW A32NX / WT 787-10

NZAA 

This is accurate. We all have those go-to fav plans when we just want to fly ASAP.

I live in S.E Asia, my fav routes:

• SIN-KUL-SIN  (Singapore-Kuala Lumpur) 
  • ILO-CEB-ILO (Iloilo-Cebu) 
  • TPE-HKG-TPE (Taipei-Hong Kong)
  • BKK-HKT-BKK (Bangkok-Phuket)

18 hours ago, rlashier said:

KDCA to KBOS. With great scenery add-ons at both ends (DD’s DCA and Fly Tampa’s BOS), this is a great diversion when I have only an hour or so to spare. The Rwy. 1 departure from DCA gives you a taste of numerous DC landmarks.  The route will take you past KBWI, abeam KPHL, by the NYC Skyline, over KJFK, and then along Long Island Sound and the Connecticut coast.  The ILS 27 approach to Logan follows a gentle arc nearly to Provincetown and then a relaxing over-water entry to Logan. Enjoy it!
Rich

I love that flight. Haven't acquired DD KDCA yet, though.

I choose most of mine based on how much time I have to fly. This is just a partial list.

1-2 hrs: KIAD/KBOS, KBWI/KBOS, KBWI/KCLT, KBWI/KMYR, KATL/KTPA, KLAX/KLAS, KPHX/KLAS

2-3 HRS: KCLT/KTPA, KTPA/KBWI, KORD/KDEN, KDEN/KLAS, KLAS/KPDX

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

17 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

@Noel,

You talked me into it. I am on my first flight now on A Pilots LIfe. 

You’re gonna love it. I picked it up in November and have done every flight (290+)since in APL, with the 737 only(600/900). Now in Alaska. Off to Nome now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NismoRR said:

You’re gonna love it. I picked it up in November and have done every flight (290+)since in APL, with the 737 only(600/900). Now in Alaska. Off to Nome now. 

I am just finishing up my 3rd flight now

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

SBRJ to SBSP

Beautiful visuals, quick easy route for testing new planes, challenging landings for both airports.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

1 hour ago, NismoRR said:

I have to admit, I was not convinced when I first heard about A Pilots Life, , watched a bunch of  YouTube videos on it, and was hooked. This is the most fun add on I have bought in MSFS, so far. It makes every flight and adventure, and also it hones the pilots flying skills. https://www.simbitworld.com/

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

This is a most interesting thread.  When not sure where to fly, since I live near Portland, Oregon, I fly either:

KPDX (Portland) to Astoria (KAST).  Beautiful VA flight down to Columbia River.

KPDX (Portland to The Dalles (KDLS).  A somewhat shorter VA flight up the Columbia River.

WHY:  These flights are fairly short and very scenic and an area that I am very familiar.  MSFS does a very good job of creating reality.

Happy Flying to All … and to All, a good night.

Edited by PDX Flyer
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

TO: 1S2
Aircraft: Any GA

Reasons Why:

I love that route since Fs9 times, with the Georender addons. The Orbx folks did an excellent rendition of both places. And with MSFS it's a blast. PNW at its best.

But I miss Emma Field.

Edited by Bostar

10 hours ago, NismoRR said:

I see you can fly any plane but for most realism, are there Caravan or Kodiak routes? Thanks

I don't have a favorite flight plan, but anything into or out of KJAC or KSLC is always satisfying.  Usually though I fly out of whatever airport I flew into on my previous flight, generally looking for flights of around 250-300 miles.  That distance makes for a reasonable duration flight (in VR) in the Longitude (and other smaller jets, like the CJ4, Vision Jet and HondaJet). 

Sunday morning on vatsim LGW GIB before the kids get up and ruin it and the controllers are forced to log off. 

Or LHR MIA VS5. (first flight I ever did as cabin crew many many moons ago when I was incredibly good looking and had lots of hair) 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

On 5/6/2023 at 9:23 AM, Bernard Ducret said:

I would feel quite claustrophobic if I had a "go-to" flight plan! 

Having been lucky enough in my RL career to fly to an inordinate number of destinations worldwide, both as a pilot and a passenger, now that I am retired, I enjoy visiting many of those places again - virtually this time - with fond memories, requiring detailed airport sceneries whenever there is one so that I may have the right feelings.

It is, incidentally, quite striking to notice how many simmers like to remain within their own country - even regional - boundaries, as if flying abroad was too much of a challenge. Lack of curiosity or interest perhaps?

That's the beauty of this sim, we have the world to play if we wish, and our courtyard if we so desire... Freedom at its best!

I think people gravitate towards their own country for the same reason you revisit airports you've been to in real life. If you've flown there as a pilot or passenger, you really have a feel for what the place is like and your imagination can fill in some of the details the sim might be missing.

I think most of the people in this thread (myself included) DO fly to tons of unique places they've never been to in the sim - but if you only have 30 minutes in between family / work obligations - it's sometimes relaxing to do something routine where you are already familiar with approaches, go around patterns, frequencies, gates, etc.. Real weather and a traffic add-on like FSLTL also make the same trip surprisingly unique and variable.

• Like 2