Sign in to follow this  
El Diablito

ATR T/O Config Question

I've followed all the steps in the checklists and several videos watched online and I still get the Red Warning when I hit the Config Button.

* All white lights extinguished on Overhead Panel

* Flaps Set

* T/O Data Confirmed

* All NAV and SURV areas confirmed

* Gust Lock and Parking Brake - OFF

Anyone have any ideas what I might be missing in the take off config?

I'm pretty sure I'm not missing anything and hope it isn't another bug!

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

Maybe set trim and CG from the EFB payload page ?

• Upvote 1

In any case, I'm not sure if you're aware, but you have a TO config test well hidden under the conditions levers, to test your config before trying to take off.

Thanks for the replies fellas,

Trim Set

Anti-Skid Test done (as per checklist)

Power Mgt in T/O

As I mentioned I complete all the normal flows then I go through every checklist so that's why it's confusing.

Is the CG done manually or is it automatic? It looks like it gets done automatically once I've entered ZFW and FOB. Does the button next to CG need to be pressed for it to calculate the correct value?

The only thing I can think of is not pressing the "SET" button the performance tab of the EFB once the fuel and weight has been added or not locking the cockpit door once prompted on the checklist.

If anyone else thinks of anything be sure to let me know! Much appreciated.

Edited by El Diablito

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

23 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

Does the button next to CG need to be pressed for it to calculate the correct value?

They do on the fuel page (ZFW, FOB, TOW) for the current values to set. Probably the same with CG?

-B

2 hours ago, El Diablito said:

I've followed all the steps in the checklists

I can see that you are interested in following the normal procedures in the ATR operation, I leave you here a link that will take you through the different phases of the normal operation, keep in mind that some of the aforementioned systems are not yet modeled in the MSFS2020 version, so when pressing the corresponding buttons they will not react as expected.

https://www.theairlinepilots.com/forumarchive/atr/atr-normal-procedures.pdf#page1

• Like 2

Hi,

I had this problem and in my case the trim was not in the green band. I had set it according to the calculated value, but it gave me a value outside the range.

Regards,

Bruno.

Bruno Duarte

36 minutes ago, Bruno Duarte said:

I had this problem and in my case the trim was not in the green band

+1

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

18 hours ago, nomad71 said:

Make sure the parking brake is off when you run the test

I'm wondering if this could be it as I normally ran the test when stationary and Parking Brake set.

Just to confirm, is the T/O Config Test part of the Before Taxi Checklist or the Taxi Checklist?

Edited by El Diablito

8 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

Just to confirm, is the T/O Config Test part of the Before Taxi Checklist or the Taxi Checklist?

It's part of the Taxi Checklist.

Bruno.

Bruno Duarte

45 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

I'm wondering if this could be it as I normally ran the test when stationary and Parking Brake set.

Actually it‘s part of the Before Takeoff Checklist, which makes sense since it‘s a „takeoff“ config test 🙂