Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Asobo releases Driver warning to lower than 531.30

Guess they must feel pretty strongly to go to the effort of creating a popup in the sim....

zUitL2.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Just curious whether  "greater than" requirement is mandatory or merely a suggestion, as I'm still way below 52X with my 2080Ti. No problems with CTD or whatsoever.

Edited by G-YMML1

10 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Just curious whether  "greater than" requirement is mandatory or merely a suggestion, as I'm still way below 52X with my 2080Ti. No problems with CTD or whatsoever.

It is just a recommendation.  It was covered a bit in the other thread as well. (New AAU beta).
It actually says recommended / recommendations twice in the message box if you look.

Don't forget there have been two specific Nvidia driver updates for MSFS. 
One was shortly after launch (September 2020), and another more recent one that dealt with DX12 VRAM issues.
As long as you are having no problems though, you should be good. 

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just incredible.  Newbs that search the ‘net for troubleshooting get advice which usually starts with “make sure your drivers are up to date / latest” etc etc.  I wonder  what’s going on here.  I’ve used nVidia for years & never seen anything like this.  I’m running 531.68 on a new 4080 with VR.  No issues at all - but hey it’s DX11.  

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

1 minute ago, joby33y said:

Just incredible.  Newbs that search the ‘net for troubleshooting get advice which usually starts with “make sure your drivers are up to date / latest” etc etc.  I wonder  what’s going on here.  I’ve used nVidia for years & never seen anything like this.  I’m running 531.68 on a new 4080 with VR.  No issues at all - but hey it’s DX11.  

It's also a problem for anyone who needs driver fixes/optimisations from the last couple of months for other games they run.

• Like 2

The question is, though, is this recommendation specific to this beta or the sim in general?

2 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

The question is, though, is this recommendation specific to this beta or the sim in general?

Sim.  Due to the GPU error.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

13 minutes ago, joby33y said:

Asobo are currently working with Nvidia to try to resolve it.  It seems it is a difficult one to track down.

5 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Sim.  Due to the GPU error.

What GPU error? I rolled back having received the warning but have not had any issues previously with the latest driver? I did get the GPU too hot crash a few time but that was months ago? EDIT And I'm pretty sure it was when I was running a driver below 531.30.

Edited by jarmstro

4 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

What GPU error? I rolled back having received the warning but have not had any issues previously with the latest driver? I did get the GPU too hot crash a few time but that was months ago?

Yes, well, that is the GPU error they are talking about. 

What driver are you on now then?  I rolled back well before this announcement to a driver in the recommended range (by luck) and I haven't seen this error since then either.

There may be some other criteria that crash it along with the 'wrong' driver, as I only had the error about 1 in 4 flights before switching.

Edited by bobcat999

This is also in Nvidia's driver release notes:

Open Issues:

• Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used. [3624030]
  • Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled. [3592260]
  • [Halo Wars 2] In-game foliage is larger than normal and displays constant flickering [3888343]
  • [GeForce RTX 4090] Watch Dogs 2 may display flickering when staring at the sky [3858016]
  • Increase in DPC latency observed in Latencymon [3952556]
  • Applying GeForce Experience Freestyle filters cause games to crash [4008945]
  • Event Viewer logs nvlddmkm error at the end of the OCCT video ram test when memory is full [4049182]
  • Small checkerboard like pattern may randomly appear in Chromium based applications [3992875]
  • [Surface Book/Surface Studio] Dedicated GPU stuck at lowest clock speed when notebook is running off of battery [4063597]
  • After updating to R530 drivers, certain GeForce RTX 40 series notebook models may randomly experience a TDR/black screen [4024853]
  • Some monitors may display random black screen flicker when in Display Stream Compression mode when using R530 drivers [4034096]
  • [Control][DX12] Cut scenes and videos show tearing and partial jitter [4084000]
  • In certain languages, the NVIDIA Control Panel option is missing when right-clicking over the NVIDIA system tray icon [4019721]
  • [Microsoft Flight Simulator] Game may randomly crash when playing in DX12 mode after updating to driver 531.41 [4051526]
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, bobcat999 said:

What driver are you on now then?

Rolled back today to 531.29. Message has gone away but I don't think the sim is as fluid. Probably exactly the same though...

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Funky D said:
  • [Microsoft Flight Simulator] Game may randomly crash when playing in DX12 mode after updating to driver 531.41 [4051526]

I had crashs (nvwgf2umx.dll) as a rule after ~45 min into a flight using DX12 with all more recent drivers. Back to DX11 all is good (so far). Now on  531.68.

Kind regards, Mchael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

yeah the issue seems to be related to DX12, so if you don't use that you should be fine. I've had zero issues with the newest drivers.

I've also had no issues with the latest driver and no pop ups.

Using DX12 , no betas but fully updated through the Content Manager. My card is an RTX3060 and driver version 531.79