Sign in to follow this  
DadJokeCinema

FSX-SP2 Details post should be next Monday or Tuesday

i understand what is included with accerlate, with all the new missions and stuff like that. but what i want to know is if the sp2 included in the fsx accleration is going to be any different than the one that i plan on downloading when the download version comes out.thanks

Just to clear this up but if we buy acceleration then as soon as we install it we will have the dx10 patch and can play fsx in dx10 mode?________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

The goal is the fixes in SP2 free download match the fixes in the SP2 contained in Acceleration.Thats why we need to take a separate pass thru all the check-in mails and verify we dont have a fix checked into 1 tree and not the other; and missed somehow by the cross-integrations. And then test SP2 standalone as well as SP2 setup.

"The explanation was given - very clearly - that the decision has to do with seperate testing efforts due to seperate development branches. Testing the "Accelleration" release WITH SP2 takes longer (you're testing A + :( and then testing SP2 stand-alone (just :( takes less time, so they'll be released closer together. "yes, that is exactly what I was getting at with my explanation. good to see it wasnt too cryptic :-).

Yes.And if the 3 new planes and 30+ missions and new sim features ( working carrier, helo slingloads and hoists, multiplayer racing ) aren't interesting to you ( they are real nice though, I think people who do buy are going to like them and the price is pretty good too ) then if you wait a bit you can get just SP2(DX10)for free.

Hi Jim,Thanks for a more subtil response :-)Yes, being a (non-FS) software professional, I DO understand exactly why MS is taking this approach.And IF I were in MS's shoes, I would probably do the same.Point is, I'm not.I'm just a simple freeware developper that has bought FSX and wants to get it's bugs & promissed (DX-10) features, solved asap, and has no intentions to buy Accelerations.That's all.No rant intented with my post, just an opinion.And how this new MS' approach of releasing new (payware) functionality in between major FS releases will affect the freeware/payware addon developpers community, is another discussion.Time will tell. Regards, Rob*EDIT*Given the number of replies between starting this reply and finishing it, I've come to realise that this is probably the wrong thread to vent my opinion/concerns :-)

>Let's see if I understand then. The fixes or updates that>SP2 contains are integrated within the Acceleration install>and are not yet available as a stand alone install?>>And I know this might be asked later so does installing>Acceleration negate the need to download and install the SP2>free download when it arrives?>>Ian.That's what they call...MARKETING.If you can't wait to speed up and want to see more eyecandy or fixes, buy the acceleration pack...Happy landings.

>And how this new MS' approach of releasing new (payware)>functionality in between major FS releases will affect the>freeware/payware addon developpers community, is another>discussion.>Time will tell. Seeing as there have been literally 3 or 4 addons worth mentioning for FSX in the year that it has been on the market, I welcome anything they can offer. It's obvious that most other vendors aren't choosing to support fsx. Every addon that I loved in fs9 has STILL to this day not been upgraded for fsx...Phil, since you didn't answer my question with a yes or no, I'll ask it again:Will acceleration have dx10 out of the box and will my entire fsx install work in dx10 mode after I install acceleration? Can't wait for those carrier landings!________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

A legal question. Someone (Hacker? Very experienced user?) get sp2 from accelleration and put in on p2p before sp2 is released from Microsoft. Would it be legal?Igor

Igor Bischi

Phil - if you have a minute...Using a 8800 / Vista / FSX SP1, I get very jerky playback in Instant Replay mode panning using Outside view. In normal game playing mode its fine.Are you aware of that issue, any comment, suggestions or upcoming fixes?

Guest MauiHawk

>Using a 8800 / Vista / FSX SP1, I get very jerky playback in>Instant Replay mode panning using Outside view. >>In normal game playing mode its fine.Have you experimented with the different views? I've noticed that's much more of a problem when you use the "floating" type view. The fixed views seem much better (though it still stutters from time to time)

I have DX9 hardware and will not/can not be upgrading anytime soon.If I install Acceleration and SP2, am I installing DX10?I would love to get the DX9 related updates but I dont want to risk messing up my current setup.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.